2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

So during inspection any problem? Or need to change back? How about service in CNC will they say anything? Sorry new here

I read that legally white-ness can go max 43000k, so keep to that should be fine.

I doubt CnC will care much for bulb change, unless it somehow spoilt something and try to claim warranty...

Edited by hooi15661

if u want better FC, u will need to get a japanese car with CVT gearbox. Not the koreans. I warn u first.

How's the FC on your Elantra bro?

I get car I drive all the way to 10 years. When changing car, I'm 10 years behind new technology.

That's why multifunction looks messy for me. I guess just don't use but impress people who sit inside k3.

Maybe some will say "wow, didn't know Korean made so classy"

*multi function steering wheel

How's the FC on your Elantra bro?

12+ km/L. only school runs and going for lessons.

Poor FC partly due to the shorter distances. but my wife is slow and steady driver.

But i can see even on the highway, my 2L can match or even better the efficiency with a 10+ year old engine design + 5-speed auto.

Very value for money. but definitely no excitement. 

But i have to say i like the elantra's ride. the suspension setup and stability on highway at 100 kph is not bad. 

I do tend to floor it sometimes to overtake, but also no point lah, not much power to floor. also i don't dare to drive it too aggressively around bends cos of the smaller tyres and it can understeer more than my honda.

• Praise 1

Owned new car at $23,000 COE. Then see it drop to $10,000

Owned used car when new COE is $70,000 but used car COE left with $10,000 COE.

I think it's stressful if you want to pick the best COE time to change or buy car.

It's only a metal box with 4 wheels. Low cost maintenance car is a good car.

I get car I drive all the way to 10 years. When changing car, I'm 10 years behind new technology.

That's why multifunction looks messy for me. I guess just don't use but impress people who sit inside k3.

Maybe some will say "wow, didn't know Korean made so classy"

*multi function steering wheel

The best part is that usually you will feel cars have really progressed over the last 10 years.

[thumbsup]

I read that legally white-ness can go max 43000k, so keep to that should be fine.

I doubt CnC will care much for bulb change, unless it somehow spoilt something and try to claim warranty...

Agree... C&C won't care about your light bulbs unless they draw too much power and short circuit or the heat damages the lighting housing and you claim warranty...

12+ km/L. only school runs and going for lessons.

Poor FC partly due to the shorter distances. but my wife is slow and steady driver.

But i can see even on the highway, my 2L can match or even better the efficiency with a 10+ year old engine design + 5-speed auto.

Very value for money. but definitely no excitement.

But i have to say i like the elantra's ride. the suspension setup and stability on highway at 100 kph is not bad.

I do tend to floor it sometimes to overtake, but also no point lah, not much power to floor. also i don't dare to drive it too aggressively around bends cos of the smaller tyres and it can understeer more than my honda.

Which 2 L car do you drive? I drive the 2.0L Sonata VIII, fuel consumption definitely higher than the Elantra... certainly no match for a current Altis but probably similar to current Camry... Japanese cars are lighter too... helps immensely...

Hi did anyone change the headlight halogen bulb to Philip White bulb?

weird, why must change the original bulb.

is it not bright enough?

The best part is that usually you will feel cars have really progressed over the last 10 years.

[thumbsup]

Yah, that's why this k3 generates lots of excitement....

Can't help but notice common replies from friends when they heard I'm getting a Kia: Korean cars are nice and more common now.

Maybe K-PoP helps.

Yah, that's why this k3 generates lots of excitement....

Can't help but notice common replies from friends when they heard I'm getting a Kia: Korean cars are nice and more common now.

Maybe K-PoP helps.

lol, not really from my friends. 

Neutral Newbie

Bro u mean 4300k? 43000K later in front driver blind

weird, why must change the original bulb.

is it not bright enough?

Men are technical+hands-on animals.

Women don't understand.

.grounding for smoother ride.

.grounding for better FC.

.led head light

.fancy spoiler

.bigger tyres

.sporty disc brakes

Etc, etc,

Men loves car improvement programs

• Praise 1

Agree... C&C won't care about your light bulbs unless they draw too much power and short circuit or the heat damages the lighting housing and you claim warranty...

Which 2 L car do you drive? I drive the 2.0L Sonata VIII, fuel consumption definitely higher than the Elantra... certainly no match for a current Altis but probably similar to current Camry... Japanese cars are lighter too... helps immensely...

I never compare by calculating how much at the pump.

But based on the estimated FC by the onboard computer, when i drive on the highway in non peak hour traffic. the 2L is probably as efficient.

But within intra-estate or doing school run, definitely the 1.6L wins. Traffic jam should also 1.6L win. confirm.

My car is also 1530kg lah. another 200kg on top of the elantra.

But i don't really care about FC since i don't drive long distances.

But if i tell my friends then they confirm won't like the korean. Cos 15km/L on a vezel is normal. And my friend's freed hybrid can reach 18-20 easy.  [laugh]

Edited by Lala81

Bro u mean 4300k? 43000K later in front driver blindðð

Bro no la. Just to match the day running light. If not original is yellow

Lolz ya typo... Should be 4300k haha.

Ya yellow headlight with white DRL doesn't look matches for me, I plan to change for my EX after got it haha.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Wow, 285,000 km for 9.5 years.

Any major change?

I remembered my sunny Nissan (04-14, 220,000 km) major change after 170,000 km are steering transmission hoist, crankshaft sensors, air-conditioning bushing, radiator and finally gear box when handover car to SE.

I think gearbox was my fault as I change transmission at 80,000 km instead of 40,000 km. My mechanic advised me wrongly.

I change timing chain every 80k. Other major change,

clutch once radiator twice. Suspention once. Change steering rod once. Now its compressor start to get hot.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1