Exercising and losing weight

ODC

As a professional in this field this thread is for those looking to enhance their health the right way.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

yah, forgot to mention, get a good pair of running shoes. Sportlink having discount of nb1064 cushion running shoe $128, orginal price at $215.

thanks for the info .. :) I was looking for running shoes too ... Yeah consistent workout will raise your basal metabolism rate and that increases your cal burning rate ... Which means weight loss!!!

• Praise 1

balance running n weight training and eat more fruits n veges. ^_^

Perfect statement!

Some people say no to veg and fruits only whack protein .. I say weight can maintain. But health sure koyak.. Lol

• Praise 1

Currently adopt mixture of interval training (running at 80% effort + slow jog) + free weight workout (chinup, pressup, dips), and calories monitoring (intake = metabolism rate), a bit more carb on training days. Result = Shed off 10kg in 6 months, another 3 kg in the next 6 months; body fats dropped 6%, waist reduced 6".

• Praise 5

Is a slow jog for long distance better than a quick run at a shorter distance?

What is long distance to u? 5, 10 or 21km? I think long slow runs (21km) at 60% max heart rate is best [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

What is long distance to u? 5, 10 or 21km? I think long slow runs (21km) at 60% max heart rate is best [thumbsup]

haha not exactly suitable as a regular workout regime, at least for me. anyway i not much of a runner also, more into swimming.

• Praise 3

thanks for the info .. :) I was looking for running shoes too ... Yeah consistent workout will raise your basal metabolism rate and that increases your cal burning rate ... Which means weight loss!!!

just completed a 10km run in this shoe. Siew. Worth every penny.

• Praise 2

For how long - distance and/or time wise - do u jog each time? :)

I'm about 79kg now, standing at 177cm. My BMI is 25 - in the overweight zone. Trying to drop my weight to at least 74kg. But not been v successful. But mostly my fault. Bad diet and little consistent exercise.

jogging will help. I jog 3 to 4 times a week for the past year or so, wt drop abt 5kg. U feel more energytic too.

• Praise 3

i find the most effective way to lose weight is to jog regularly. no other better way. of coz got other ways of doing it, but jogging is most effective in terms of low cost and most conveinent.

other ppl say go gym or go swimming... yeah can be done, but its alot more troublesome, right? u got to drive or go to a venue to do gym or swim. how committed are you to do this over a period of time?

jogging is so easy and its free. just put running shoes and u can run rightaway. no need to drive, no need to bring swimming trunks......

for me, my body reacts alot to jogging. i just started jogging recently. haven't jog for 4-5 years. i climbed 3-4 stairs, i was panting like mad... my waist got bigger, got problem wearing my pants and jeans....

then i decided to jog again. just after 3 regular jogs of 30 mins each, i already can feel the difference. climb stairs, no problem. my pants all can wear, feel more alert, tummy become smaller

guess my body is still adaptable. not everyone responds the same way.

• Praise 4

always start slow n shorter run. My average run is abt 5km run. If I on form, I will go up to 8 to 10km. No need to stress yourself over it, built up the milage slowly. Enjoy yr run :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2