Exercising and losing weight

ODC

and find a suitable bunch of people to spur you on! :grin:

actually i think training alone is good, but if really into training real hard will need a training partner to push each other...

Edited by Nicfoo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Of course, always need to switch up which is why a lot of training plans are 12-week plans.

I find that keeping a log helps. Not sure if starting an individual fitness log thread would be acceptable in this sub-forum, but having the community to encourage you and observe your progress might be helpful to those who need that extra boost of encouragement to stay on track. Some of us already do post occasional updates in this thread.

If the people are interested maybe we can check with the mod of this sub-forum if it would be ok for us to start our own fitness log threads where we post regular updates on our training and progress, as well as our goals.

Personally I use my phone's S-Health app to keep track of my daily active minutes, steps, GPS track my runs/walks and also my heartrate. I use a separate app to track my weight training in the gym and I'm also using it to log my bodyweight since I usually weigh myself post-workout.

I am using the stone age excel print out and pencil...LOL

@kiadaw, I maybe in Denmark early Nov, thinking of going over to Germany for a few days, is there any place must go if I only have like 3-4 days in Germany? Thank you... [thumbsup]

This Friday, I joined my company & took part in the local annual Bridge run. It was a 2km relay (I did 2 runs total 4km). You do not actually run over the anicent bridge now, but still you will run in the medieval town.

AT first I thought, how hard can it be, 2km per run. Just relax & run at a leisure pace. No biggie, but I couldn't be more wrong.

I must be missing an annoucement or something. that if you made it within certain time, you get free Helen Frischer concert tickets or something, as everyone was running like their life depends on it, & man, can they run!

Which obviously force me to run fast as well, but there is one section (as the medieval city is build on a hill) that is so inclined, it was a torture, I think 15 deg at least, it last for a painfully 700m or so (its like SOC). Luckily, after the top, it was all downslope & flat.

Thankfully the kids run were done earlier, if not I was going to totally embrass myself.

Alhough it was tough, it was nice as well. Its not everyday you get to run inside a medieval town, & there are supporters on both sides of the route clapping & playing drums, & kids high fiving everyone.

After the first run, I was completely destroyed, & had the sore throat of my life. I downed like almost 1 litre of water.

I thought of giving up, as a geniue health concern, but I was determined to finish. Thankfully, it was 2 runners after that I have to run again, but surprisingly, I did better the 2nd round, probably due to knowing the route & can pace better, & have fully warmed up. WIthout the sore thoat, I could have performed better but still, I am happy to finish the run at a decent pace.

Weather was pretty good for running. 12-14 deg or so.

I am pretty impressed with the committement of the German people, they really give 100%, you can see in their faces they give it all. Make me think about the work hard play hard Philosophy I keep hearing.

My teammate told me before he hope to run one round within 10:30 (2Km), I thought he was kidding or something, I meant he had a beer tummy & in late 40s. I was so wrong.

It was overall very enjoyable day. I think I will need to work even harder now, so I can be better next year. [;)]

That is an absolutely lovely environment to run in! Beats the concrete, lamp post and mucky environment we have here.

• Praise 1

There are alot of nice old towns, & you can sit down relax & eat icecream of coffee, & nice parks to jog.

Its nice & quiet, especially on Sunday. (most shops are close, but normally, restaurants & cafes, churches will be opened)

Singapore is small, & urbanised, so hard to make meaningful comparsion. There are some really nice places to jog in SIngapore too, like the Marina Bay. I seen a lot fo runners there. Its very nice in the night.

I used to run around Marina Bay for Marathon training. 1 full loop is around 17km.

• Praise 2

That is an absolutely lovely environment to run in! Beats the concrete, lamp post and mucky environment we have here.

I totally agree

I very envy le, the architecture, looks really picturesque

• Praise 2

@kiadaw, I maybe in Denmark early Nov, thinking of going over to Germany for a few days, is there any place must go if I only have like 3-4 days in Germany? Thank you... [thumbsup]

3 to 4 days is not long.

1) You can take a short plane to Munich, & there, the city itself is nice, & you can go to the Alps & Neuswanstein Castle from there with the affordable guided tour.

2) Otherwise you can drive down & visit the Northern cities like Berlin & Hamburg.

Edited by Kiadaw
  • Praise 3

3 to 4 days is not long.

1) You can take a short plane to Munich, & there, the city itself is nice, & you can go to the Alps & Neuswanstein Castle from there with the affordable guided tour.

2) Otherwise you can drive down & visit the Northern cities like Berlin & Hamburg.

Thanks!!... [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

anyone here got any experience with boxing? buddy of mine gave me an old punching bag, was thinking to mount at home and punch. or any recommendations for a basic boxing class? (not those evolve mma type, im not looking to kill anyone, just want to make sure i have the right form down before i injure my hands/wrists)

anyone here got any experience with boxing? buddy of mine gave me an old punching bag, was thinking to mount at home and punch. or any recommendations for a basic boxing class? (not those evolve mma type, im not looking to kill anyone, just want to make sure i have the right form down before i injure my hands/wrists)

Wah, fierce sports leh😄👍

But I hv no experience with this sports but better to get the basics right. 👍 all the best yah 😄👍 jia you👍

• Praise 14

Wah, fierce sports leh

But I hv no experience with this sports but better to get the basics right. all the best yah jia you

Good stress reliever! Wonder if Sp4wn will start playing songs from Survivor? [laugh]

• Praise 2

Wah, fierce sports leh

But I hv no experience with this sports but better to get the basics right. all the best yah jia you

Agreed bro :))

I think I will just stick with something familiar like jogging and swimming :))

On a sidenote, those ladies under jogging and swimming will always have a slender figure with well-proportion legs :))

Ok, I am dreaming.... better buck up my exercise regime

• Praise 1

Good stress reliever! Wonder if Sp4wn will start playing songs from Survivor? [laugh]

just trying only. got $10 handwraps and a $50 pair of gloves, since from what im reading, if i dont protect my hands, i will suffer down the road. on the flipside, spending $60 to try a new sport doesnt seem too bad.

will still try to look for some boxing classes if i can, just to make sure i dont wind up hurting myself lol

• Praise 4

just trying only. got $10 handwraps and a $50 pair of gloves, since from what im reading, if i dont protect my hands, i will suffer down the road. on the flipside, spending $60 to try a new sport doesnt seem too bad.

will still try to look for some boxing classes if i can, just to make sure i dont wind up hurting myself lol

Keep us updated, I am interested also, but don't think I am fit enough...LOL

• Praise 5

Yep, usually injury can be at the wrist when u don't apply the right punching strike.

Enjoy the long weekend break first yah 👍😄

• Praise 9