Exercising and losing weight

ODC

When the pill knows when to inflate? What if somewhere in the throat it accidentally inflate, kenna choke.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

When the pill knows when to inflate? What if somewhere in the throat it accidentally inflate, kenna choke.

it might be triggered to inflate when it senses things unique only in the stomach, say gastric juices which signals meal times or hunger. and when those juices diminish to below x%, it might signal the balloon to slowly deflate. most likely can only inflate deflate for a limited time as the balloon material is slowly absorbed by the body. and it will likely in/deflate slowly, eg over 5 min, to reduce chances of it in/deflating in inappropriate places like the throat so that there is time for remedial actions to take place if sway things happen at the wrong place.

just guessing niah.

Those into whey protein, GNC is having a clearance promotion for their AMP amplified gold advanced. The 5 lbs are going at $76 and 2 for $138, which comes to $69 per container if buy 2.  But take note that the expiry date is Oct 2019.

I just loot 2 tubs this afternoon.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I not novice swimmer. But I'm really not good at free style. I cannot take long steady strokes. Probably to do with my technique. And my leg muscles not strong.

I take it you meant frontcrawl. Competition events are named freestyle so competitors can use whatever strokes (back, breast, front crawl or fly). People use frontcrawl for freestyle events simply because it's the fastest. So frontcrawl ISN'T freestyle.

I saw your other thread. I wish you speedy recovery ahead.

• Praise 4

I take it you meant frontcrawl. Competition events are named freestyle so competitors can use whatever strokes (back, breast, front crawl or fly). People use frontcrawl for freestyle events simply because it's the fastest. So frontcrawl ISN'T freestyle.

I saw your other thread. I wish you speedy recovery ahead.

Thanks.

anyone posted this video before? 

If there is ever one day I stand at the start line of a marathon, it is simply to prove the doctors who declared me gone case wrong... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Ya, I posted this video before.

I think the doc, like most do, just chose to use statistics and say you game over liao. Coz majority of the patients don't have the will to put much effort to progress to more advance physio.. But I believe there are some doc will use the minority successes and say still got chance to recover. 

I am seeing to see some old estates having gym for the senior citizen by AWWA. The equipments quite underutilize. i am using ad hoc, coz for public is $2 per entry. Either it's new thus lack of awareness, or the old folks still prefer their maid to push them around in wheel chair.

• Praise 2

Ya, I posted this video before.

I think the doc, like most do, just chose to use statistics and say you game over liao. Coz majority of the patients don't have the will to put much effort to progress to more advance physio.. But I believe there are some doc will use the minority successes and say still got chance to recover. 

I am seeing to see some old estates having gym for the senior citizen by AWWA. The equipments quite underutilize. i am using ad hoc, coz for public is $2 per entry. Either it's new thus lack of awareness, or the old folks still prefer their maid to push them around in wheel chair.

no wonder I find the video very familiar, like I seen it before in this thread... [:p]

I must have commented something similar to the video back then... [laugh]

$2 cheap leh, but I dont seem to see any around my area. If have I dont mind trying. But I just added a barbell,  2 dumbbell bars and some weight plates to my collection beside the pull up rack. So may not be going to the gym for a while until my son  need to do something beside the free weights.

Building a home gym for my son to train for his Asian Games dream.  At the same time old man can do some workout at home anytime 24/7.  Next on the list is a power rack and a bench.. ^_^  [laugh]

Hypersonic
Depends on different rice like brown , unpolished , basmati , starchy rice ....... depends on the glycemic index too

Hypersonic

Maybe their sake washes it down all well.... ha ha ha , Japs food portions are quite small relatively

Japanese rice glycemic index super high but super delicious. But it's also true that there aren't many fat people in Japan and they generally live longer than amtk and Chinese.

Hahaha I feel that besides what we eat, the amount we eat also matters.

Those ang mos staple are bread, potatoes, sauces and meat. Plus junk food and sodas. How not to get fat sia.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

But bmi for bmi, Asians get diabetes and metabolic syndrome earlier than western population.

So even if u say rice is associated with lower rates of obesity. Our bmi 21= bmi 23. Similarly our 23= their 25.

So its not apples to apples.

Hahaha I feel that besides what we eat, the amount we eat also matters.

Those ang mos staple are bread, potatoes, sauces and meat. Plus junk food and sodas. How not to get fat sia.

Actually if u have eaten traditional northern Chinese cuisine in winter, I think the oil and sauce not much difference. really 吃不惯。

Maybe their sake washes it down all well.... ha ha ha , Japs food portions are quite small relatively

The Japanese concept of eating is more balanced. Similarly the Koreans who eat lots of veggies etc via their side dishes.

Though I won't say the jap modern diet is particular healthy. The korean diet is actually healthier. But its also more time consuming to prepare and the flavours r stronger.

Hypersonic

Ya, typically too much oil in Chinese diet, even in Southern Chinese (mainland). My cooking oil buy one bottle use for whole year also cannot finish.

Cooking oil, one year better throw away. Rancid oil is just as bad..

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The indian continent also eat a lot of rice. you make the call if eating rice will help keep out the pounds.

[laugh]

The bigger elephant is the hidden sugar in soft drinks and processed food like cookies. I happen to try making...the amount of sugar is jialat one. Rice you eat you still feel full, but sugar you can eat almost non stop.

I wonder who sponsored the research.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1