Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Talks about anerobic and aerobic metabolic, lactic threshold, vo2max, running economy. Stuff that runners talk about.  However there's a conflict, in sports they say our body uses  aerobic(fat burning) metabolism first. For lower heart rate activities, aerobic metabolism is higher. If we are at rest, it's almost 100% aerobic. And it almost very hard to get full anaerobic performance , i.e. upper zone 4 almost zone 5. 

But from Keto or intemittent fasting pov, our body tends to want to burn sugar instead of fats. Thus we go thru all these long period of fasting, or feed our body with fats and starve it from carbs, so to 'trained' our body to go into ketosis.

Regardless, I am now just want to burn more calories regardless of anerobic or aerobic..

↡ Advertisement

Firstly, severely restrict input of calories.

Then sweat and stinky for twelve hours for six months.

Sure looking at around twenty kilos reduction.

Fact.

3 hours ago, Tianmo said:

yup, and many times bad things happen to prevent worse thing from happening, which is in a way a good thing.

So if you think about it, not too bad actually, and it might change the way we live.

Who knows mayb a better way to live...^_^[laugh][laugh]

Your thinking must be strong and positive to be able to understand and overcome it.

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Tianmo said:

yup, and many times bad things happen to prevent worse thing from happening, which is in a way a good thing.

So if you think about it, not too bad actually, and it might change the way we live.

Who knows mayb a better way to live...^_^[laugh][laugh]

Like surviving a health scare and given a 2nd chance?

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Ender said:

Talks about anerobic and aerobic metabolic, lactic threshold, vo2max, running economy. Stuff that runners talk about.  However there's a conflict, in sports they say our body uses  aerobic(fat burning) metabolism first. For lower heart rate activities, aerobic metabolism is higher. If we are at rest, it's almost 100% aerobic. And it almost very hard to get full anaerobic performance , i.e. upper zone 4 almost zone 5. 

But from Keto or intemittent fasting pov, our body tends to want to burn sugar instead of fats. Thus we go thru all these long period of fasting, or feed our body with fats and starve it from carbs, so to 'trained' our body to go into ketosis.

Regardless, I am now just want to burn more calories regardless of anerobic or aerobic..

If u are running a lot, just fuel with carbs lah. Look at the kenyans. Always drinking sweet milk tea, eating biscuits and bread. Simi ketosis/High protein hahaha [:p]

• Haha! 1

48 minutes ago, Ender said:

Like surviving a health scare and given a 2nd chance?

And went on to achieve PB at a ripe young age in marathon.💪💪💪😄

Tio bo tianmo? 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Your thinking must be strong and positive to be able to understand and overcome it.

aiya, talk only always easy mah...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Tio bo tianmo? 

Tio tio, belly belly tio...:a-good::a-good::a-good:

But mayb need to put as young ripe age, consider young at a ripe age...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, TangoCharlie said:

Tio bo tianmo? 

Young? 😅😅

Only old liao, then realise health is important. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

If u are running a lot, just fuel with carbs lah. Look at the kenyans. Always drinking sweet milk tea, eating biscuits and bread. Simi ketosis/High protein hahaha [:p]

Ya, Nowadays I don't shy from carb. I feel I have the buffer to take them from my running. 😄

9 hours ago, Ender said:

Ya, Nowadays I don't shy from carb. I feel I have the buffer to take them from my running. 😄

Thought carb is no good? I wanted to reduce my carb but seems like very difficult. :huh:

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Thought carb is no good? I wanted to reduce my carb but seems like very difficult. :huh:

If you run alot, until every day muscle sore, in need for proper recovery, then got buiffer to eat more carbs.. in fact i think it's a much needed macronutrient. But I still avoid sugary drink.

But if sedentary and over weight then cut the carbs.

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Ender said:

If you run alot, until every day muscle sore, in need for proper recovery, then got buiffer to eat more carbs.. in fact i think it's a much needed macronutrient. But I still avoid sugary drink.

But if sedentary and over weight then cut the carbs.

As you say, i have not much exercise so have to reduce my carbs. Even dont take sugary drink but there are many others food source also have sugar. I also need to reduce my sugar but seems difficult.

16 minutes ago, 13177 said:

As you say, i have not much exercise so have to reduce my carbs. Even dont take sugary drink but there are many others food source also have sugar. I also need to reduce my sugar but seems difficult.

:XD::XD::XD:

image.png.07b9cd0289898473fa84c2fcf62b2173.png

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Seen the doctor on Monday and was informed that my LDL shot up to 3.9. Normal is less than 2.6. Previous reading was 2.8 in Nov 2017. Told me to restrict seafood and cut down on oily + deep fried food.

How to really make my LDL drop???

↡ Advertisement