Exercising and losing weight

ODC

8 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Seen the doctor on Monday and was informed that my LDL shot up to 3.9. Normal is less than 2.6. Previous reading was 2.8 in Nov 2017. Told me to restrict seafood and cut down on oily + deep fried food.

How to really make my LDL drop???

I’ve tried and it doesn’t drop.

whats your HDL figure?

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Seen the doctor on Monday and was informed that my LDL shot up to 3.9. Normal is less than 2.6. Previous reading was 2.8 in Nov 2017. Told me to restrict seafood and cut down on oily + deep fried food.

Reduce animal fat intake. Increase plant fat intake via nuts. 

Higher protein intake but minimise fat. Tofu. Leaner meats. Try not to eat chicken skin. reduced red meat lor.
Less oily stuff.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

28 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Higher protein intake but minimise fat. Tofu. Leaner meats. Try not to eat chicken skin. reduced red meat lor.
Less oily stuff.

Think not easy to reduce LDL, even your LDL is at normal range also doesnt mean the person dont have coronary artery disease. So i dont really completely trust the cholesterol reading result de. 

35 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Less oily stuff.

I dont take red meat at all.

Will LDL really go down? Exercise will help? I read that exercise only help a little. 

2 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Will LDL really go down? Exercise will help? I read that exercise only help a little. 

It's mostly due to diet. 

Keto will cause your LDL to increase. But i think you are just doing IF so it shouldn't really. 

My LDL is also still mid 3+, which is better than 4+ when i was 89-90kg.

Edited by Lala81

10 hours ago, Adrianli said:

I only know how to increase HDL

13 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

HDL is 1.33. Desirable value is above 1.0.

about average for man. <1.2 is not good. >1.6 is excellent.

20 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Dont take red meat LDL still high? Looks like must look for dietitian liao?!

41 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Think not easy to reduce LDL, even your LDL is at normal range also doesnt mean the person dont have coronary artery disease. So i dont really completely trust the cholesterol reading result de. 

It really depends what you're eating.

Yes you're right. If u eat white bread 100% of the time, u will have great LDL but get insulin resistance. 

For 90% of folks, I think focus on diet and exercise. Not the numbers per say. But the numbers remind us, more can be done.

Turbocharged

Breakfast was on rolled oats soaked overnight in milk for 3x a week (replaces my wholemeal bread) for 6 months before taking my blood test. LDL came down by 7%. Not sure if there is any direct relationship.

You can try. No harm also. Even without LDL dropping, at least you are increasing your soluble fiber intake.

Edited by Kxbc
  • Praise 4

15 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

It really depends what you're eating.

Yes you're right. If u eat white bread 100% of the time, u will have great LDL but get insulin resistance. 

For 90% of folks, I think focus on diet and exercise. Not the numbers per say. But the numbers remind us, more can be done.

Then i die liao since i eat bread daily. Although i eat lots of veg, no fried stuff and less oil. [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Then i die liao since i eat bread daily. Although i eat lots of veg, no fried stuff and less oil. [sweatdrop]

The chinese ate few thousand years of white rice. relax...

Angmoh jiak loti for few thousand years also [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3