Exercising and losing weight

ODC

1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

The chinese ate few thousand years of white rice. relax...

Angmoh jiak loti for few thousand years also [laugh]

image.png.f4441a961c03da59784583c112b7b94b.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

19 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

The chinese ate few thousand years of white rice. relax...

Angmoh jiak loti for few thousand years also [laugh]

and eventually they all died, one way or other...:XD::grin::grin:

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

It really depends what you're eating.

Yes you're right. If u eat white bread 100% of the time, u will have great LDL but get insulin resistance. 

For 90% of folks, I think focus on diet and exercise. Not the numbers per say. But the numbers remind us, more can be done.

nowadays Lots of healthier versions of bread with wholemeal flour inside. Some taste almost same as white bread.

There's this new gardenia bread, it really tastes almost same as white bread. 
https://www.lazada.sg/products/gardenia-super-100-fine-and-soft-wholemeal-sliced-bread-i303370963-s536750958.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsoH--rOi5QIVVRuPCh21CgV-EAQYASABEgKuu_D_BwE&s_kwcid=AL!4281!3!344048903033!!!g!688256931084!&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIsoH--rOi5QIVVRuPCh21CgV-EAQYASABEgKuu_D_BwE:G:s?exlaz=d_1:mm_150050845_51350205_2010350205::12:1785382266!77709230348!!!pla-688256931084!c!688256931084!536750958!132052768!344048903033

Since i don't eat bread less nowadays since i don't eat bf, i usually buy this or the pandan bread from sunshine for my kids.

Edited by Lala81

5 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

nowadays Lots of healthier versions of bread with wholemeal flour inside. Some taste almost same as white bread.

There's this new gardenia bread, it really tastes almost same as white bread. 
https://www.lazada.sg/products/gardenia-super-100-fine-and-soft-wholemeal-sliced-bread-i303370963-s536750958.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsoH--rOi5QIVVRuPCh21CgV-EAQYASABEgKuu_D_BwE&s_kwcid=AL!4281!3!344048903033!!!g!688256931084!&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIsoH--rOi5QIVVRuPCh21CgV-EAQYASABEgKuu_D_BwE:G:s?exlaz=d_1:mm_150050845_51350205_2010350205::12:1785382266!77709230348!!!pla-688256931084!c!688256931084!536750958!132052768!344048903033

Since i don't eat bread less nowadays since i don't eat bf, i usually buy this or the pandan bread from sunshine for my kids.

the purple wheat bread also quite nice. ^_^[laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Breakfast was on rolled oats soaked overnight in milk for 3x a week (replaces my wholemeal bread) for 6 months before taking my blood test. LDL came down by 7%. Not sure if there is any direct relationship.

You can try. No harm also. Even without LDL dropping, at least you are increasing your soluble fiber intake.

Yes one of my friends did the same and he showed me his LDL came down this year vs last year's blood test.

• Praise 1

@Lala81, i remember you once asked me if taking protein alone without training helps to grow lean muscle. That was when I said I took one whey shake everyday as a protein supplement. 

I think my reply back then was "I think so", now I think i can cfm it. 

Taking enough protein will build lean muscle, even without a lot of hard training, as long as diet is control. I am seeing it happening to my limbs, shoulders and upper torso. 

Lower Torso still no good, I guess that is where all my years of accumulation is ...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

@Lala81, i remember you once asked me if taking protein alone without training helps to grow lean muscle. That was when I said I took one whey shake everyday as a protein supplement. 

I think my reply back then was "I think so", now I think i can cfm it. 

Taking enough protein will build lean muscle, even without a lot of hard training, as long as diet is control. I am seeing it happening to my limbs, shoulders and upper torso. 

Lower Torso still no good, I guess that is where all my years of accumulation is ...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

I'm currently 82+ to 83kg. Trying to go back to 79-80kg again.

I probably run less when i did all the weight loss. So that's an issue but i do some exercise 3-4 times a week. Usually 3, sometimes 4.
Have to add the factor that I have less testosterone now.
Don't really want to do too much IF as my stomach can be bit sensitive once i ramp up IF. Trying to eat my nuts regularly again. But haha now my lips heaty just from eating 3 days. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Aloe111 said:

Yes one of my friends did the same and he showed me his LDL came down this year vs last year's blood test.

my friend's LDL came down by at least 10% after rolled oats consumption. she takes it almost every day. but she likes oats so it is something sustainable.

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

my friend's LDL came down by at least 10% after rolled oats consumption. she takes it almost every day. but she likes oats so it is something sustainable.

So must take rolled oats only? Any type of oats can or not?

Edited by 13177

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So must take rolled oats only? Any type of oats can or not?

3 types of oats

Instant - no good. Just avoid.

Rolled - NTUC is the softest and easiest to eat after short amount of cooking/soaking. I microwave with milk or soymilk for 2:30 - 3mins can eat already. I would say the NTUC brand is half way between instant and the more difficult to chew/digest true rolled oats by other brands. 

Steel cut - this one really need to properly boil. This is what @mustank eats.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

how?

Omega-3 intake?

Consistent exercises. Used to be 40 plus in value  , after pickup running for many years, was above 70+

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

3 types of oats

Instant - no good. Just avoid.

Rolled - NTUC is the softest and easiest to eat after short amount of cooking/soaking. I microwave with milk or soymilk for 2:30 - 3mins can eat already. I would say the NTUC brand is half way between instant and the more difficult to chew/digest true rolled oats by other brands. 

Steel cut - this one really need to properly boil. This is what @mustank eats.

Any brand of instant oats also cannot take ah? I am now eating this quaker instant oatmeal.

28 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Any brand of instant oats also cannot take ah? I am now eating this quaker instant oatmeal.

Well if it's just something to stave off hunger at office or what. Sure go ahead.
But if u are eating it for health reasons. Nah.

18 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Well if it's just something to stave off hunger at office or what. Sure go ahead.
But if u are eating it for health reasons. Nah.

So i have been eating the wrong stuff liao, no wonder seems like i am like eating healthy but it is not. :o But is instant oats bad for health?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1