Exercising and losing weight

ODC

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Consistent exercises. Used to be 40 plus in value  , after pickup running for many years, was above 70+

If I may confuse the issue further. My HDL used to be 70 all these years. It went up to 89 one year into IF.

But IF and exercise do not affect my LDL.

Edited by TangoCharlie
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

3 types of oats

Instant - no good. Just avoid.

Rolled - NTUC is the softest and easiest to eat after short amount of cooking/soaking. I microwave with milk or soymilk for 2:30 - 3mins can eat already. I would say the NTUC brand is half way between instant and the more difficult to chew/digest true rolled oats by other brands. 

Steel cut - this one really need to properly boil. This is what @mustank eats.

eat liao become ironman?  [laugh]+

I like cooked oats but never try microwave it, maybe i shall buy some and microwave in office.

• Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

If I may confuse the issue further. My HDL used to be 70 all these years. It went up to 89 one year into IF.

But IF and exercise do not affect my LDL.

I think LDL mostly from diet and gene. Some people just have high production of ldl. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

So i have been eating the wrong stuff liao, no wonder seems like i am like eating healthy but it is not. :o But is instant oats bad for health?

If you can take cold food in the morning, soaked rolled oats in milk/yogurt over night.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Ender said:

I think LDL mostly from diet and gene. Some people just have high production of ldl. 

Like me lo, LDL from gene. Cannot prevent it from happening but just can prevent it from worsening. 😓

2 hours ago, Davidtch said:

If you can take cold food in the morning, soaked rolled oats in milk/yogurt over night.

Dont take cold food in the morning le.

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

3 types of oats

Instant - no good. Just avoid.

Rolled - NTUC is the softest and easiest to eat after short amount of cooking/soaking. I microwave with milk or soymilk for 2:30 - 3mins can eat already. I would say the NTUC brand is half way between instant and the more difficult to chew/digest true rolled oats by other brands. 

Steel cut - this one really need to properly boil. This is what @mustank eats.

Why are instant oats bad?  Is it because of added sugar like those 3in1 type?

6 hours ago, Tianmo said:

@Lala81, i remember you once asked me if taking protein alone without training helps to grow lean muscle. That was when I said I took one whey shake everyday as a protein supplement. 

I think my reply back then was "I think so", now I think i can cfm it. 

Taking enough protein will build lean muscle, even without a lot of hard training, as long as diet is control. I am seeing it happening to my limbs, shoulders and upper torso. 

Lower Torso still no good, I guess that is where all my years of accumulation is ...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

No wonder i see those with body builder physique eating 20 eggs

..... maybe all they were doing was eating eggs 😆

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, Aloe111 said:

Why are instant oats bad?  Is it because of added sugar like those 3in1 type?

I don't think it's bad bad. But it has no health benefits. Cos its processed to be instant. It's a high GI food. Basically think of it as instant porridge.  

Most people think of instant oats as a healthy snack. But they don't realise its closer to drinking fruit juice instead of fruits 

• Praise 4

8 hours ago, Lala81 said:

nowadays Lots of healthier versions of bread with wholemeal flour inside. Some taste almost same as white bread.

There's this new gardenia bread, it really tastes almost same as white bread. 
https://www.lazada.sg/products/gardenia-super-100-fine-and-soft-wholemeal-sliced-bread-i303370963-s536750958.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsoH--rOi5QIVVRuPCh21CgV-EAQYASABEgKuu_D_BwE&s_kwcid=AL!4281!3!344048903033!!!g!688256931084!&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIsoH--rOi5QIVVRuPCh21CgV-EAQYASABEgKuu_D_BwE:G:s?exlaz=d_1:mm_150050845_51350205_2010350205::12:1785382266!77709230348!!!pla-688256931084!c!688256931084!536750958!132052768!344048903033

Since i don't eat bread less nowadays since i don't eat bf, i usually buy this or the pandan bread from sunshine for my kids.

I buy those healthy version of gardenia bread to eat. But i spread reduce sugar jam and unsalted butter on the bread, dont know if too much saturated fat and sugar? :huh:

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

I don't think it's bad bad. But it has no health benefits. Cos its processed to be instant. It's a high GI food. Basically think of it as instant porridge.  

Most people think of instant oats as a healthy snack. But they don't realise its closer to drinking fruit juice instead of fruits 

High GI food no good for sugar level siah. Guess after finished my instant oats, i shall stop buying liao.

• Haha! 1

40 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I buy those healthy version of gardenia bread to eat. But i spread reduce sugar jam and unsalted butter on the bread, dont know if too much saturated fat and sugar? :huh:

Haha eat what u want la.

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Haha eat what u want la.

Sometimes cannot eat what i want due to gene high LDL. Unless i dont scare get heart attack or stroke. Lol.

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I have a question on rolled oats, I have tried a few Brand’s and most of them are quite “hard” after they were being cooked. Even those that aren’t toasted type. But they are also a few brands like cow head and  NTUC, they seems more “refined” as in they were softer after being cooked. I like the raw, chewy texture more than the soft type. I wonder if there’s difference in the health benefits

55 minutes ago, Cloud9 said:

I have a question on rolled oats, I have tried a few Brand’s and most of them are quite “hard” after they were being cooked. Even those that aren’t toasted type. But they are also a few brands like cow head and  NTUC, they seems more “refined” as in they were softer after being cooked. I like the raw, chewy texture more than the soft type. I wonder if there’s difference in the health benefits

Probably there is. But haha eat what u like to eat. My kids and wife won't eat the too hard ones. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Cloud9 said:

I buy the brand sanitarium rolled oats from ntuc. Just soak it overnight in milk in the fridge. Next morning soft enough to eat. No need to cook. Can add fruits to it if you like. Up to you. 

If you like it hot, then can make the savory kind with minced meat, chopped vege, ikan bilis etc with some chicken stock (the real kind, not from stock cubes). Many variations. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, Ender said:

Consistent exercises. Used to be 40 plus in value  , after pickup running for many years, was above 70+

My hdl also went up from 40s to 60 plus after years of consistent exercise. But I am sure a controlled diet which usually comes hand in hand with exercise helps too. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1