Exercising and losing weight

ODC

4 hours ago, Neutrino said:

Norwegian farm salmon doesn't look to be healthy at all.

I posted a link further up this thread about it.

But this is what it is commonly sold here le?! If dont buy then how? 😅

↡ Advertisement

17 hours ago, Ender said:

Interesting video on training intensity, volume and hypertrophy. Personally I have been doing option 3.  My reps are between 5 to 10 which is to failure. My limbs are still like bamboo. I guess it's my running that is killing my gain. 🤣

Video Jeff recommends option 4, while the other Jeff recommends option 3.

Screenshot_2020-01-14-13-33-03-144_devian.tubemate.v3.jpg

I hardly lift weights,  most I do is pull ups....no.5 low volume low effort. 😅

• Haha! 2

Scientists at University College London (UCL) said that a trip to the cinema could be as good for your health as a “light form of cardio” exercise. They also said that it could provide a boost for your heart and benefit memory and concentration.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/sitting-in-the-cinema-counts-as-a-light-workout-scientists-find-pr66xnpb9?wgu=270525_54264_15790530289194_cba3d72a43&wgexpiry=1586829028&utm_source=planit&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=22278

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

22 hours ago, Ender said:

Interesting video on training intensity, volume and hypertrophy. Personally I have been doing option 3.  My reps are between 5 to 10 which is to failure. My limbs are still like bamboo. I guess it's my running that is killing my gain. 🤣

Video Jeff recommends option 4, while the other Jeff recommends option 3.

Screenshot_2020-01-14-13-33-03-144_devian.tubemate.v3.jpg

Most ppl dont train the same muscle grp more than twice a week. In a common split, mostly would have only done it once a week, with no more than 5 sets, so i think it is quite unusual to do 20 sets per week per body part.

Even GVT which does 10x10 can only do it once every 5 days or a week, hardly can do 20 sets in a week also. 

I think this really cannot apply to us...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Your body already recorded you need to run long long distance to survive, so no matter how hard you train also wont see any gain in mass one. Most muscle man cannot run, and most roadrunners no mass one...You will have to live with it......[:p][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Most ppl dont train the same muscle grp more than twice a week. In a common split, mostly would have only done it once a week, with no more than 5 sets, so i think it is quite unusual to do 20 sets per week per body part.

Even GVT which does 10x10 can only do it once every 5 days or a week, hardly can do 20 sets in a week also. 

I think this really cannot apply to us...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Your body already recorded you need to run long long distance to survive, so no matter how hard you train also wont see any gain in mass one. Most muscle man cannot run, and most roadrunners no mass one...You will have to live with it......[:p][laugh][laugh]

i just realised I mixed up reps and sets...  I only do 5 to 10 reps. with only 2 sets in a session. Two session  a week. So this means I am not even in option 1 to 4.. I am the same as @TangoCharlie option 5. Low volume and low sets. No wonder my limbs like bamboo. 🤣

• Haha! 3

11 minutes ago, Ender said:

Jialat. I haven't been to the cinemas for over 10 years.😁

Heng I just watched Frozen 2 in Genting last month...[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

Just now, Tianmo said:

Heng I just watched Frozen 2 in Genting last month...[:p][laugh][laugh]

Good job, Good training. Remember have to do it consistently to see the benefits..

• Haha! 2

8 minutes ago, Ender said:

Good job, Good training. Remember have to do it consistently to see the benefits..

I think have to watch in SG then can see some benefit in terms of training, the different in price will make the heart pump faster and blood flow quicker. 

Watch in MY, only can benefit the song feeling of paying half the price....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

But in SG, I only watch movie once a year, some more is free ones from the bank, I think no use for me also....[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Watch small cinema in plane counted or not?😅

If blue ones that make your blood flow faster and heart pump quicker, I think count....[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

If blue ones that make your blood flow faster and heart pump quicker, I think count....[:p][laugh][laugh]

that's really uncomfortable in a plane...

• Haha! 3

31 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I think have to watch in SG then can see some benefit in terms of training, the different in price will make the heart pump faster and blood flow quicker. 

Watch in MY, only can benefit the song feeling of paying half the price....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

But in SG, I only watch movie once a year, some more is free ones from the bank, I think no use for me also....[:p][laugh][laugh]

Like that, that means singapore one is higher intensity training. 🤣

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 1/6/2020 at 8:17 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

Although I’m not strictly keto but I do follow a Low carb high fat diet.

just got my health screening results back. Certain stats below:

Resting HR: 54 bpm 

BP: 119/79

Triglycerides: 53 mg/dl (good. way below ref <150)

HDL: 77 mg/dl (good. higher than MAC optimal ref >60)

LDL: 128 mg/dl (within range. Borderline high starts from 130)

Fasting Glucose: 86 mg/dl (within range)

Things to note

LDL dropped from borderline to to normal range.

HCMC: 346. 1 above red range of 345. Means my blood is darker than usual.

Free T4: 23.1 pmol/L. Higher than max ref 22.0. Although lower than 2 years ago where it was 24, it Means my thyroid condition is still there. 

my high fat high protein high cholesterol diet did not result in any detrimental effect on my health.

Got back my blood test results today.

LDL dropped to 103 from 115 in 10 months. 10% decline. Triglycerides also declined 15% to 43. I guess the 3x weekly rolled oats soaked in milk helped. For those with high LDL, maybe you go try rolled oats. My friend's high LDL dropped 10 over points in 12 months too.

But failed my stress test ECG again. 2nd time since 2017. Sibei sian. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4