Exercising and losing weight

ODC

4 hours ago, Neutrino said:

My 'natural' weight is 85kg.

I can get down to 79kg quite quickly and with not too much difficulty.

But at 79 kg my face looks thin and gaunt and I look ill.

When I lose weight the weight comes off my face first rather than from my waist.

How to change that. 

I think different people will lose weight faster on different parts. Most people will find the waist lose weight last. I am one of those unlucky few. For me, I will lose weight on my arms, legs first, then waist. So while my waist has shrunk, so has my arms, legs and upper torso... haiz..very very difficult to maintain muscle mass while losing fat...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, inlinesix said:

How do you lose that 6kg?

Exercise at gym and no more snacking.

Took me about 2 months to lose that weight.

But very easy to put back on when Christmas came along.

And I expect the same with CNY.

14 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

Exercise at gym and no more snacking.

Took me about 2 months to lose that weight.

But very easy to put back on when Christmas came along.

And I expect the same with CNY.

It might sound like you lose water.

I have been using body composite analyser to monitor what had i lost.  In addition, i also use myfitnesspal to ensure that i don't eat beyond certain calories.

On week i stopped IF, i gain about 1kg mostly from water retention.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

It might sound like you lose water.

I have been using body composite analyser to monitor what had i lost.  In addition, i also use myfitnesspal to ensure that i don't eat beyond certain calories.

On week i stopped IF, i gain about 1kg mostly from water retention.

I do sweat a lot during my cardio at the gym and I mean I sweat a lot.

But I drink at least 4 liter of water before my next cardio session.

22 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

I do sweat a lot during my cardio at the gym and I mean I sweat a lot.

But I drink at least 4 liter of water before my next cardio session.

4 litre of water quite a lot siah. 

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

You might have drink too much water.

https://dripdrop.com/blogs/news/chart-dehydrated

If he sweat a lot a lot, the water maybe not say too much?! But if you just sit around not moving then really too much water.

Drink too much water can be bad. I think last time i thought drink more water is good and maybe drink too much and i experience like feel giddiness?!

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

On 1/15/2020 at 10:17 PM, Ender said:

Wanna do it, just do it.  

I have always fancy the idea of trying this, but every time I wanted to start, the 10km run every day would put me off...[:p]

Mayb start with half of it, but I dont believe in no rest in between, if I start I likely have 1 day rest in a week. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

9 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Just hit 10k steps. Not easy when I started at 530pm with only 1k steps lol. Finally can shower... 

Good for you. 9000 steps is quite a lot of distances to cover in the evening given how much we can run ( we as in you and I, I think we fall into the same grp)..[thumbsup]

If I am inactive in the day, I usually clock 2000-2500 steps by the evening, and even that I usually just give up...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

51 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Good for you. 9000 steps is quite a lot of distances to cover in the evening given how much we can run ( we as in you and I, I think we fall into the same grp)..[thumbsup]

If I am inactive in the day, I usually clock 2000-2500 steps by the evening, and even that I usually just give up...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Shows how much I move at work since I wore it when I went to work. 

Yeah I jog-walk with my dog about 4km then walk back. So maybe around 4.8km. That managed to get me up to about 8000 before I ate dinner. Cleaned my service yard to prepare for my new dryer coming in.

then left another 1200. So I bring some things down to discard. Opened letter box. Walked around downstairs while reading some medical newsletter. Then left about 800 steps just walked around the house while talking to my wife a bit. 

10k steps is around 8km walking per day. 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Tianmo said:

I have always fancy the idea of trying this, but every time I wanted to start, the 10km run every day would put me off...[:p]

Mayb start with half of it, but I dont believe in no rest in between, if I start I likely have 1 day rest in a week. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I think requires at least 2h time committment daily ... excluding prep, warm up, and shower time

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Tianmo said:

If want to lose weight, running 10km everyday is a must. But if you want to bulk up your body into muscular man, think cannot do too much cardio right?

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Yeah I jog-walk with my dog about 4km then walk back. So maybe around 4.8km. That managed to get me up to about 8000 before I ate dinner. Cleaned my service yard to prepare for my new dryer coming in.

then left another 1200. So I bring some things down to discard. Opened letter box. Walked around downstairs while reading some medical newsletter. Then left about 800 steps just walked around the house while talking to my wife a bit. 

From your routine exercise, other than yourself, i guess your dog also quite fit and healthy le, since your dog also jog-walk with you for quite a long distance? Lol.

• Haha! 1

33 minutes ago, 13177 said:

From your routine exercise, other than yourself, i guess your dog also quite fit and healthy le, since your dog also jog-walk with you for quite a long distance? Lol.

yeah. She's pretty fit. 

She's a shetland sheepdog, so she's bred as a working dog in UK.
Singapore is humid/hot climate and she's a long haired dog so have to take it easy in case she overheats.
Dogs are born to run lah. 

She's a bit small sized though. Only 7kg. And she's almost 1.5 years old already. Usually they range from 6-10kg. Was expecting her to be more like 8-9kg given her lineage.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I read somewhere that compares NEAT vs proper cardio session. Non-exercise Thermogenic Activity or NEAT involves activities of the daily routine which results in energy consumption and weight loss. These tasks can be performed on a regular basis and can be used for obesity control

So say the aim is 10k steps a day. Person A achieves it via NEAT, ie his daily life without purposely go gym or park to work. So his 10k steps is quite evenly spread out throughout the day, While B achieves 90 % of his 10k steps via cardio in the gym, and once the walk is over, he will leave. Can't rem the comparison results though lol

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Matoonia said:

I read somewhere that compares NEAT vs proper cardio session. Non-exercise Thermogenic Activity or NEAT involves activities of the daily routine which results in energy consumption and weight loss. These tasks can be performed on a regular basis and can be used for obesity control

So say the aim is 10k steps a day. Person A achieves it via NEAT, ie his daily life without purposely go gym or park to work. So his 10k steps is quite evenly spread out throughout the day, While B achieves 90 % of his 10k steps via cardio in the gym, and once the walk is over, he will leave. Can't rem the comparison results though lol

With a car. And a job  that doesn't involve walking.
U make do with what u have haha

I was answering some NUS medicine student survey on exercise habits pre and post treatment when i was at my appointment.

Then they say do u do any walking/daily routine walking if u don't exercise. I said "I don't do anything at work, zero sweat zero walking, that's why i exercise regularly lol"

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 2

26 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

With a car. And a job  that doesn't involve walking.
U make do with what u have haha

I was answering some NUS medicine student survey on exercise habits pre and post treatment when i was at my appointment.

Then they say do u do any walking/daily routine walking if u don't exercise. I said "I don't do anything at work, zero sweat zero walking, that's why i exercise regularly lol" 

Yes we are in the same shoes, driving and a sedentary job. That's why weekdays I do a 30mins walk on the treadmill first. So when I reach work will be close to 4k steps done. Then hopefully by end of work, will be around 6k-7k... So just do another 20-30 mins before dinner gao dim.. Weekends easier to achieve...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3