Exercising and losing weight

ODC

wah all you gurus exercise daily ah?

i only target 3 times a week nia...when i am feeling well 

😬😅

↡ Advertisement

5 hours ago, Tianmo said:

I have always fancy the idea of trying this, but every time I wanted to start, the 10km run every day would put me off...[:p]

Mayb start with half of it, but I dont believe in no rest in between, if I start I likely have 1 day rest in a week. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

He did mention he didn't jump straight into 100 push up, 100 situp, 10km. He starts with lower volume, can't recall the exact numbers, like doing 20 push up, 20 situps, 2 km. Gradually increase. 

But don't need to follow exact. For just keeping fit, I feel can run tempo above 5 km 3 times a week is good enough. Non marathoners don't need to train endurance for fitness. Just high intensity to burn more calories in short time and improve aerobics. 

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 2

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Shows how much I move at work since I wore it when I went to work. 

Yeah I jog-walk with my dog about 4km then walk back. So maybe around 4.8km. That managed to get me up to about 8000 before I ate dinner. Cleaned my service yard to prepare for my new dryer coming in.

then left another 1200. So I bring some things down to discard. Opened letter box. Walked around downstairs while reading some medical newsletter. Then left about 800 steps just walked around the house while talking to my wife a bit. 

10k steps is around 8km walking per day. 

Yah, same for me, 4km run with some cool down walks usually give me that last 5000 over steps. 

But mayb nothing motivates me on the tracker now, if I am less than 3500km, I dont even bother to hit 5000, its like 10,000 or nothing kind of mindset, and I know its wrong...[:p][laugh][laugh]

This week and next week busy with CNY, after that I must do 10000 steps and 30 MVPA everyday liao.... :yuush:

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Aloe111 said:

I think requires at least 2h time committment daily ... excluding prep, warm up, and shower time

I will likely have to break them up into 2 parts, the run as 1 part, and everything else another..

10km run alone is already more than 1 hour for me liao, and highly likely cannot even finish if I do everything in one session...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

With a car. And a job  that doesn't involve walking.
U make do with what u have haha

I was answering some NUS medicine student survey on exercise habits pre and post treatment when i was at my appointment.

Then they say do u do any walking/daily routine walking if u don't exercise. I said "I don't do anything at work, zero sweat zero walking, that's why i exercise regularly lol"

The only walking you do at work, probably is from the car park to your clinic, and from the clinic to the car park, and that is already further than you walking to have lunch... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

38 minutes ago, Ender said:

He did mention he didn't jump straight into 100 push up, 100 situp, 10km. He starts with lower volume, can't recall the exact numbers, like doing 20 push up, 20 situps, 2 km. Gradually increase. 

But don't need to follow exact. For just keeping fit, I feel can run tempo above 5 km 3 times a week is good enough. Non marathoners don't need to train endurance for fitness. Just high intensity to burn more calories in short time and improve aerobics. 

I think I can manage 50%, so mayb I will start with 50s and 5km run. 

20s and 2km mayb no effect liao...[:p][laugh][laugh]

1 hour ago, Matoonia said:

Yes we are in the same shoes, driving and a sedentary job. That's why weekdays I do a 30mins walk on the treadmill first. So when I reach work will be close to 4k steps done. Then hopefully by end of work, will be around 6k-7k... So just do another 20-30 mins before dinner gao dim.. Weekends easier to achieve...

I guess most people dont move much in their job de, so really have to do exercise after work or on weekends. If not life would be totally sedentary, then health issues would start to come liao.

5 hours ago, Tianmo said:

@Aloe111, weekends when do you normally run at KPT? ^_^ [laugh] [laugh]

Used to be Sun evenings for some intervals. But I haven't been there past 2 months, and anyway now I'm not in condition for intervals yet. Maybe in after month or so.

Do you go there often with your son?

Edited by Aloe111

10 hours ago, Matoonia said:

Yes we are in the same shoes, driving and a sedentary job. That's why weekdays I do a 30mins walk on the treadmill first. So when I reach work will be close to 4k steps done. Then hopefully by end of work, will be around 6k-7k... So just do another 20-30 mins before dinner gao dim.. Weekends easier to achieve...

Park your car at the highest level of your home MSCP everyday and take the stairs;

Take the stairs at your block to your house if you stay below the 15th floor;

Park at a further carpark to your workplace if possible;

Take a longer walk to further places for lunch if you have the time.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Went out after work today, so cannot go for my brisk walk exercise. So i purposely alighted few bus-stop earlier and walked back home. Managed to walk 2.6km for 25mins. At least i have done some exercise today.  😂

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 4

3 minutes ago, Aloe111 said:

Park your car at the highest level of your home MSCP everyday and take the stairs;

Take the stairs at your block to your house if you stay below the 15th floor;

Park at a further carpark to your workplace if possible;

Take a longer walk to further places for lunch if you have the time.

I believe no people would do that?! Lol. Esp take the stairs at your block to your house. People take the lift even they only stay on level 2. 😂

• Haha! 2

9 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I believe no people would do that?! Lol. Esp take the stairs at your block to your house. People take the lift even they only stay on level 2. 😂

That's true of people without motivation to exercise.

But if you are motivated, you will create opportunities, like what you did today.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

34 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

Is there an app which would allow me to trace my route on a map and thereby know the exact distance I walk

Google maps, measure distance.

Otherwise use fitness watch with gps.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Aloe111 said:

That's true of people without motivation to exercise.

But if you are motivated, you will create opportunities, like what you did today.

But even people are motivated to exercise, majority people would not do all these things that you have mentioned earlier la. They would go exercise after their work or on weekends. And those people who are not motivated to exercise, then nothing will push them to exercise at all lo. Lol.

10 hours ago, 13177 said:

But even people are motivated to exercise, majority people would not do all these things that you have mentioned earlier la. They would go exercise after their work or on weekends. And those people who are not motivated to exercise, then nothing will push them to exercise at all lo. Lol.

That's why walking is so effective. Can walk anytime, in any antire. No need purposely find time for it. 

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Neutrino said:

Is there an app which would allow me to trace my route on a map and thereby know the exact distance I walk

mapmyrun, strava

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2