ODC

1 hour ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Exercise alone guys. No more as a family liao 

Poor Lala1, he can't go running with his 🐕 anymore 

😄

• Haha! 4

Exercise alone guys. No more as a family liao 

Was it strongly advised by Lawrence Wong to exercise alone, rather than a CB Rules?

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Ender said:

Was it strongly advised by Lawrence Wong to exercise alone, rather than a CB Rules?

https://www.gov.sg/article/circuit-breaker-extension-and-tighter-measures-what-you-need-to-know

The stricter measures apply from today till 4th May. Everyone is to observe it. Means if the situation gets better, 5th onwards can resume exercising as a family but CB is still till 1st June.

8CD475A9-3B39-4779-991F-C3AECF2988D3.jpeg

• Praise 5

Morning Resting HR.. 

I believe this is the result of consistent running (actually clocked more than usual mileage during CB) and covid 19 CB measures of whole day at home, giving me the opportunity of adequate recovery after my run. 

Also more home cook meal at home helps too. I never eaten so much home cook meal before CB.

RHR1.jpg

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 6

Ya I actually worked out every day at home since 1st Apr during the CB period. More than my usual alternate days of running.

although I wish I can resume my normal running soon

66EF748E-2C10-4E66-AFAF-5521AA1A23AA.png

E77B55D2-1BB7-43D4-AB41-A9A974E14EAB.png

• Praise 5

17 hours ago, Gunzy said:

Ensure.jpg.e6e284af7b141a040b4157b69935ccd9.jpg

Yep, this is what my parents are taking recommended by the doctor...

Recommended by the doctor? What so good about this?

Turbocharged
35 minutes ago, 13177 said:

a couple of years ago, my MIL was admitted to the hospital for fractured hip. She was recommended Ensure (can't remember the sub category but it should be the one for seniors). I took a look at the ingredient list and nearly puked. It is 3 teaspoons of sugar for every serving. Imagine you take 2 servings a day and you would have hit 6 teaspoons, the max for a woman (according to the American Heart Association). The elderly could have gotten the required nutrients through whole food or a blended drink consisting of good milk (those w/o added sugar), some whey or caesin, banana/papaya/whatever fruit to make it tasty.

Ensure Original Milk Powder 850g – Vanilla, Ingredients:

Corn Syrup, Corn Maltodextrin, Sugar, Corn Oil, Sodium & Calcium Caseinates, Soy Protein Isolate, Artificial Flavor, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Phosphate, Sodium Citrate. Less than 0.5% of the Following: Potassium Chloride, Soy Lecithin, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, Ferrous Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Phylloquinone, Vitamin D3, and Cyanocobala

Read more: https://seniorcare.com.sg/shop/nutrition/daily-nutrition/powder/ensure-original-milk-powder-850g-vanilla/#ixzz6KK4HFgRG

We need to read the ingredient list more when we purchase any food. I can't accept the top 3 ingredient on the list are some form of sugar or sugar derivative.

Edited by Kxbc
  • Praise 1

Ya I actually worked out every day at home since 1st Apr during the CB period. More than my usual alternate days of running.

although I wish I can resume my normal running soon

66EF748E-2C10-4E66-AFAF-5521AA1A23AA.png

E77B55D2-1BB7-43D4-AB41-A9A974E14EAB.png

you will be blacking out if your heartbeat is 30 bpm lol...

• Haha! 2

43 minutes ago, 13177 said:

When the patient cannot/have difficulty ingesting normal food, this is the replacement meal to obtain the necessary nutrients as mentioned earlier by another bro

19 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

a couple of years ago, my MIL was admitted to the hospital for fractured hip. She was recommended Ensure (can't remember the sub category but it should be the one for seniors). I took a look at the ingredient list and nearly puked. It is 3 teaspoons of sugar for every serving. Imagine you take 2 servings a day and you would have hit 6 teaspoons, the max for a woman (according to the American Heart Association). The elderly could have gotten the required nutrients through whole food or a blended drink consisting of good milk (those w/o added sugar), some whey or caesin, banana/papaya/whatever fruit to make it tasty.

Ensure Original Milk Powder 850g – Vanilla, Ingredients:

Corn Syrup, Corn Maltodextrin, Sugar, Corn Oil, Sodium & Calcium Caseinates, Soy Protein Isolate, Artificial Flavor, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Phosphate, Sodium Citrate. Less than 0.5% of the Following: Potassium Chloride, Soy Lecithin, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, Ferrous Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Phylloquinone, Vitamin D3, and Cyanocobala

Read more: https://seniorcare.com.sg/shop/nutrition/daily-nutrition/powder/ensure-original-milk-powder-850g-vanilla/#ixzz6KK4HFgRG

We need to read the ingredient list more when we purchase any food. I can't accept the top 3 ingredient on the list are some form of sugar or sugar derivative.

Ensure is usually those really old folks/mostly bedbound who have trouble feeding or mostly on NG tube feeds. Or those like got cancer or really weak/skinny older folks.

Edited by Lala81

11 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

you will be blacking out if your heartbeat is 30 bpm lol...

Oh this was when I was sleeping. I wear my Apple Watch to sleep on some days just to find out my HR when I’m in deep sleep

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Oh this was when I was sleeping. I wear my Apple Watch to sleep on some days just to find out my HR when I’m in deep sleep

yeah maybe if u are ultra fit, you may reach like high 30s bpm even in complete rest.

The intrinsic rhythm of the heart muscle is around 30+ bpm when it's not driven by your own pacemaker, so it's physiologically not possible to be lower than that.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1