Exercising and losing weight

ODC

This month clocked 218km compared to April's 193km. Ran every single day, mostly late mornings. There were some aches over different parts of the legs...nothing too painful to stop me from heading out.

Easy run/walk, focused on breath, wearing neck buff over nose and mouth. Alternating shoes of different heel drop.

• Praise 6

Turbocharged

I've reduced my cycling to 40km rides every Sunday until my achilles is sorted. Good news is i'm seeing the doc tomorrow afternoon, finally.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

After more than 3 weeks of recover and healing, trying to get back in shape. This is my 3rd run.

get back to shape.JPG

• Praise 9

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

After watching

I will train over 8 weeks to beat my own 5km PB.

For me to improve 5K timing I will also do hill run. It improve your endurance and helps to maintain consistent pacing.

5 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

For me to improve 5K timing I will also do hill run. It improve your endurance and helps to maintain consistent pacing.

I don't have hill around my area.

8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I don't have hill around my area.

Maybe can run up staircase in flat will have same effects but have to watch out of abrupt turning which might prone to injury.

I used to train around mount faber area as the hills are pretty steep. I joined the MR25 5K time trials which is pretty challenging with trail running and hills. My 5K timing improve from these.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

After watching

wah...you also 3min plus pace ah?

💪😱

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

After watching

Go for it.. jia you.

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, inlinesix said:

After watching

15m 41sec.... For 5km

That's like my cycling speed at PCN. 😅

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
On 5/31/2020 at 3:28 PM, TangoCharlie said:

This month clocked 218km compared to April's 193km. Ran every single day, mostly late mornings. There were some aches over different parts of the legs...nothing too painful to stop me from heading out.

Easy run/walk, focused on breath, wearing neck buff over nose and mouth. Alternating shoes of different heel drop.

wah ... run so much 😱👍

nowadays i run 2x per week nia

give my 165kg body enough time to recover

😬😅

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Turns out i have scar tissue around the insertion of the achilles tendon to the heel bone, cause unknown maybe built up over time. As it was a private clinic they immediately proposed about 4.5k worth of treatment (ultrasound therapy sessions and custom insoles) so i said i'll think about it and check if my insurance covers it (it doesn't).

I guess i'll have to look into government clinics/hospitals for a second opinion, hopefully at SGH since it's nearby. In the meantime i'll step up the heat treatments and stretching.

50 minutes ago, Enye said:

wah ... run so much 😱👍

nowadays i run 2x per week nia

give my 165kg body enough time to recover

😬😅

You busy towkay cannot afford the time....i also need a bit of me time since everyone's home.

Ave per day 7km not too taxing on my 65 kg frame lah. Ender did much more before he fell.

26 minutes ago, Myxilplix said:

Turns out i have scar tissue around the insertion of the achilles tendon to the heel bone, cause unknown maybe built up over time. As it was a private clinic they immediately proposed about 4.5k worth of treatment (ultrasound therapy sessions and custom insoles) so i said i'll think about it and check if my insurance covers it (it doesn't).

I guess i'll have to look into government clinics/hospitals for a second opinion, hopefully at SGH since it's nearby. In the meantime i'll step up the heat treatments and stretching.

Get referral from Polyclinic

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
13 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Get referral from Polyclinic

Thanks! I just called in and managed to get an appointment at the polyclinic nearby for this afternoon. I was expecting to wait for weeks or months, so i'm pretty pleased.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Myxilplix said:

Thanks! I just called in and managed to get an appointment at the polyclinic nearby for this afternoon. I was expecting to wait for weeks or months, so i'm pretty pleased.

Haha u obviously never use public health care. That's poly. Very fast.

Next up is getting appointment with ortho clinic. That may take a while but maybe not with current situation. Then getting physiotherapy. 

Err just get health buddy app lah. No need to call up. Haha u aren't merdeka or pioneer generation lol

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2