Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Turbocharged
26 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

need to book a slot before you can go and use, the slots are interval of 2 hrs, odd number timing ( 7am, 9am, 11am etc).  Need to scan in/out when there. 

Not crowded because only limited number of ppl allowed in each time slot. 

Can book your slot via the activesg apps. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

thank you. That is a good way of implementation, avoid waste time queue. Don't need 2 hours, i don't waste time sit on bench check phone that kind of gym-goer

↡ Advertisement

11 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

thank you. That is a good way of implementation, avoid waste time queue. Don't need 2 hours, i don't waste time sit on bench check phone that kind of gym-goer

actual time is less than 1.5 hrs, because all those who booked the same time slot will arrive about the same time, and then all need to queue up to scan and check in. Then they will start to clear you out by 1.5 hrs, because there is a regulation now for them to leave at least 30 min in between every batches. 

So go in chop chop do your stuff and FO. Good thing is not crowded.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

actual time is less than 1.5 hrs, because all those who booked the same time slot will arrive about the same time, and then all need to queue up to scan and check in. Then they will start to clear you out by 1.5 hrs, because there is a regulation now for them to leave at least 30 min in between every batches. 

So go in chop chop do your stuff and FO. Good thing is not crowded.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

wah... no wonder i see the 11 pm slot is available. Gym close at 12:30 am. So only 1.5 hour, but then if what you say is correct, at late night no queue so get a full 1.5 hour.

No other batch after that - only ghosts [laugh] 

• Haha! 4

16 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

wah... no wonder i see the 11 pm slot is available. Gym close at 12:30 am. So only 1.5 hour, but then if what you say is correct, at late night no queue so get a full 1.5 hour.

No other batch after that - only ghosts [laugh] 

what I said is zhun one, because I gone through it on Sat morning. 

Go off peak lah, usually lesser ppl so shorter queue, and go earlier so be the first in the queue, scan check in take temp, first in first out...[:p]

yah, last slot, then they have like 6 hrs between the next batch in the morning at 7am....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

Yesterday after my run, try to do pull up as the exercise corner already open. 

Struggling to do 10x rep. Before CB easily do 15x rep. Moral of the story have to keep training if not will lost strenght real fast.

'More than machinery, we need humanity; more than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost' - Charlie Chaplin

• Praise 2

Wanted to run today. But raining. 

So just did some pushup bridges and flutter kicks. Haha was doing some household chores in between and the weather makes me naturally nuah. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
49 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

Yesterday after my run, try to do pull up as the exercise corner already open. 

Struggling to do 10x rep. Before CB easily do 15x rep. Moral of the story have to keep training if not will lost strenght real fast.

'More than machinery, we need humanity; more than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost' - Charlie Chaplin

wah zhun bo...you sure you lao uncle meh?

😬😅

• Haha! 1

KNN, not been running since phase 2 started,  anyone else notice it has been raining heavily every day from day 2 of phase 2?  <_<

Turbocharged
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

KNN, not been running since phase 2 started,  anyone else notice it has been raining heavily every day from day 2 of phase 2?  <_<

Good...good, keep everyone indoors and not moving around catching and passing viruses. [laugh] Great start to phase 2.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
10 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

bff ...got some windows of opportunity to run when the rain stopped

e.g. yesterday evening

nowadays must quickly grab these opportunities....and run longer and faster

😅

4 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Good...good, keep everyone indoors and not moving around catching and passing viruses. [laugh] Great start to phase 2.

wah...keep everyone in indoor gyms to pass viruses?

🤣

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

Ran this morning. Started out with light rain, then heavy, then light again and now just wet. Didn't stop, was quite enjoyable when you just give up hiding from it, coz your engine never gets hot. 😅

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Enye said:

bff ...got some windows of opportunity to run when the rain stopped

e.g. yesterday evening

nowadays must quickly grab these opportunities....and run longer and faster

difficult to go out run at 4pm - 5pm (it seems to be the sweet spot these couple of days when it does not rain) when still during working hours. I can only pray it is just cloudy around 6 - 7pm.

but same like you, i grab the chance to run at 6pm last evening. cloudy but no wind, no rain. quite good weather.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
3 hours ago, Kxbc said:

difficult to go out run at 4pm - 5pm (it seems to be the sweet spot these couple of days when it does not rain) when still during working hours. I can only pray it is just cloudy around 6 - 7pm.

but same like you, i grab the chance to run at 6pm last evening. cloudy but no wind, no rain. quite good weather.

wah you run so early... i start around 9 pm mostly

i not hansum or slim... so very shy one

16 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

Later i take a selfie and show my handsome face to prove ok? 🤣

ok ok 👌 😌

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Enye said:

wah you run so early... i start around 9 pm mostly

i not hansum or slim... so very shy one

👌 😌

As I grow older, seem to prefer running when there is at least some light. I can't seem to want to start a run past 8pm. Also lao ah pek eyesight not good. Can't see the path clearly when it is dark. Learnt a lesson last year when I stepped into a hole and sprained my ankle while jogging at just over 7.30pm. 

23 hours ago, Ender said:

Ran this morning. Started out with light rain, then heavy, then light again and now just wet. Didn't stop, was quite enjoyable when you just give up hiding from it, coz your engine never gets hot. 😅

Shiok! Did it this morning. Pulled down neck buff as it got wet......woah felt like air intake upgraded....only problem the suspension still all stock. LoL.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Finally saw the ortho yesterday and got some x-rays done on my heel/ankle. Turns out there's a protrusion of bone at the back of the calcaneus (heel bone) that the achilles runs over before it inserts into the base of the heel and mine seems to be rather bulky, hence causing more friction apparently. Also my arches are unusually high which might have some secondary contribution to the issue. Everything is really tight too.

Doctor recommended stretching out the heel/achilles/calf for 10-15 minutes, 3-4 times daily with some basic stretches. Also seeing the physio later this afternoon just to go over the stretches and see what else they can recommend. Will try this out and see the doc again in 3 months, if the stretching works then expected to take 6-8 weeks to recover. If not then he mentioned surgery to shave down the bone causing the friction but i'm not keen on that.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3