Exercising and losing weight

ODC

1 hour ago, Myxilplix said:

Finally saw the ortho yesterday and got some x-rays done on my heel/ankle. Turns out there's a protrusion of bone at the back of the calcaneus (heel bone) that the achilles runs over before it inserts into the base of the heel and mine seems to be rather bulky, hence causing more friction apparently. Also my arches are unusually high which might have some secondary contribution to the issue. Everything is really tight too.

Doctor recommended stretching out the heel/achilles/calf for 10-15 minutes, 3-4 times daily with some basic stretches. Also seeing the physio later this afternoon just to go over the stretches and see what else they can recommend. Will try this out and see the doc again in 3 months, if the stretching works then expected to take 6-8 weeks to recover. If not then he mentioned surgery to shave down the bone causing the friction but i'm not keen on that.

Heel spur?

https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/heel-spurs-pain-causes-symptoms-treatments#1

375x321_heel_spur.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, TangoCharlie said:

Shiok! Did it this morning. Pulled down neck buff as it got wet......woah felt like air intake upgraded....only problem the suspension still all stock. LoL.

at least your suspension is still stock. I checked myself. All parts downgraded, some wearing out soon. 😅

only rained hard for a while this morning over at my side. weather seems to be holding up quite well now. maybe this will be extended to the evening for those who want to take a walk/run.

Edited by Kxbc
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

48 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

at least your suspension is still stock. I checked myself. All parts downgraded, some wearing out soon. 😅

only rained hard for a while this morning over at my side. weather seems to be holding up quite well now. maybe this will be extended to the evening for those who want to take a walk/run.

Sure have wear and year and during CB, overused too. Body willing...just continue to enjoy as long as possible.💪💪💪

Hypersonic

still running twice a week to ensure full recovery before every run...try to run longer distances when time permits 

find this more enjoyable than running with aches and pains from previous runs... but still no running in the rain for me though

ego smashed when kena overtaken by a plus sized lady, whom i passed a short while back, doing her final sprint towards her finish line at a certain stretch of my route while i trudged on at my snail pace

heard her footsteps coming closer and closer jin stressed leh...think need to improve my pace

also hope to be able to complete hm on my own by end of this year...

😬😅

D300DBCC-11E5-40E4-83D3-6E230A81D412.jpeg

• Praise 7

2 minutes ago, Enye said:

still running twice a week to ensure full recovery before every run...try to run longer distances when time permits 

find this more enjoyable than running with aches and pains from previous runs... but still no running in the rain for me though

ego smashed when kena overtaken by a plus sized lady, whom i passed a short while back, doing her final sprint towards her finish line at a certain stretch of my route while i trudged on at my snail pace

heard her footsteps coming closer and closer jin stressed leh...think need to improve my pace

😬😅

You also plus size mah, so ego where got smashed?

• Haha! 6

Hypersonic
6 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

You also plus size mah, so ego where got smashed?

got leh... i tried to block the road with my plus size but she managed to squeeze past and xiong me

🤣

Hypersonic
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Enye said:

😬😅

Jin elite. You really the sweeper monk in this thread.  Share your strava, I want to follow you. 

Edited by Ender
  • Haha! 1

56 minutes ago, Enye said:

😬😅

It's a bit like social smoker and heavy smoker. It's the gian as well as habit. Social smoker asked heavy smoker whether he enjoy every ciggie?

As a ex smoker...my honest answer not really...most times it's not the enjoyment but a habit.

Give old man some chance to relive kampong childhood memories.😅

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Enye said:

😬😅

Your plus sized woman is running 4+min/km.

Maybe her calves is plus sized... [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

5 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Not a heel spur, more like a protrusion at the back of the heel around where i circled. It's called a Haglund's deformity.

Physio says is it is maybe larger than usual but not VERY large compared to other cases. Anyway physio recommends more of regular, light loading (stand on edge of step but don't do calf raise, just hold position. always back off if pain goes up to 5 or beyond), as opposed to doctor's static stretch recommendation. Can also add some dynamic stretching in. During the session i found that the discomfort was lessening as i did more reps, first rep always hurt the most.

Heel.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Hypersonic

Late afternoon run quite shiok. Very light rain, with some wind chills. Engine didn't get heated up. The inside of the shoes is just a little wet, unlike previous two runs, where my shoes are still drying.

One pair of shoes didn't dry for two days, I am trying to see if putting ontop of my fridge will help, coz my hands sense there might be a little warmth there.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
4 hours ago, Ender said:

Jin elite. You really the sweeper monk in this thread.  Share your strava, I want to follow you. 

wah boss... you guru here leh ... run fm de

i no strava one i runkeeper one but no friends one loner one 🤣

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Your plus sized woman is running 4+min/km.

Maybe her calves is plus sized... [laugh]

ya...fully deflated when i saw her sprinting that few hundred metres

thought maybe is ender or some elite runner catching up with me

😬😅

Hypersonic
(edited)
4 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

It's a bit like social smoker and heavy smoker. It's the gian as well as habit. Social smoker asked heavy smoker whether he enjoy every ciggie?

As a ex smoker...my honest answer not really...most times it's not the enjoyment but a habit.

Give old man some chance to relive kampong childhood memories.😅

Sometime recovery days also gian to go to run. I have two designated recovery days, Friday and Sunday. But last sunday evening, the weather was ideal for early evening run. Find it very wasteful if I don't seize the opportunity since at home was really shake leg and watch netflix.  Did 10km run and spoil my recovery. .. hahaha..

Edited by Ender
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Late afternoon run quite shiok. Very light rain, with some wind chills. Engine didn't get heated up. The inside of the shoes is just a little wet, unlike previous two runs, where my shoes are still drying.

One pair of shoes didn't dry for two days, I am trying to see if putting ontop of my fridge will help, coz my hands sense there might be a little warmth there.

Stuff newspapers into wet shoes, and leave overnight.

Replace with dry newspapers the next day if still wet. Else remove the wet newspapers and air dry.

• Praise 2

18 hours ago, Enye said:

😬😅

Wah power! This is not a normal neighbourhood old unker pace and distance leh 🙄

Almost hit HM mark liao, jin scary 😅

Hypersonic

Putting my wet shoes ontop of the fridge works. This morning both shoes ontop dried, in time for my morning run. 

• Praise 2