ODC

Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

羡慕,妒忌,恨!!! -_-[laugh][laugh]

90% is slow MAF runs one..

↡ Advertisement

4 minutes ago, Ender said:

90% is slow MAF runs one..

KNN, its like running 10k km everyday for the last 166 without rest day... 

I know I can never do it....

Still is 羡慕,妒忌,恨!!! -_-[laugh][laugh]

Supersonic
10 hours ago, Tianmo said:

there is a saying, unofficial saying, that the no 4 uniform is blessed with some kind of power, once you change into it, you become 天不怕地不怕...[laugh]

The other power it has is once you change into it, you will 走到哪里,坐到哪里, 坐到哪里,睡到哪里, no scare dirt, no scare dust....[laugh]

My reservist OC once commented that we behave so differently during ICT and when he met us outside....[laugh][laugh][laugh] 

This one i agree. During NS, no matter how siong the training was and even kena rain etc, also no scare and no fall sick. And can fall asleep anywhere, any type of terrian and any kind of condition.-_-

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

This one i agree. During NS, no matter how siong the training was and even kena rain etc, also no scare and no fall sick. And can fall asleep anywhere, any type of terrian and any kind of condition.-_-

Because you were young then. And sadly, you are only young once in your lifetime.[grin]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
11 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I get motion sick quite easily also. That's why I don't really like to seat in suv, passenger vans/buses. 

All high cg vehicles. Surprisingly saf vehicles quite OK though. Even with bumpy or spoilt suspension lol. 

Maybe you were young during army, so no problem sitting in SAF vehicles even they are so jerky. I also get motion sick easily but never happened during my entire army and reservist. Lol.

10 hours ago, Ender said:

Mid year check point.

On track for my 2020 goal of more than 3000km.. Mileage exceed more than half the goal.

Half Year Milestone.JPG

Same age but if I can do half of yours this year, I will be a contented man. Runs have been irregular post CB.

Solid man.💪💪💪

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Ender said:

Mid year check point.

On track for my 2020 goal of more than 3000km.. Mileage exceed more than half the goal.

Half Year Milestone.JPG

i only ran 160km these 6 months, 10% of your mileage. And I have been diligent this period. 😂 Even when I add all the runs starting from Jan 2018, only 600km. 😁

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Maybe those with insomnia can try alternative treatment: Wear no. 4, no need boots. Just walk around for a while, find a bench, drink some awful tea/coffee, lay down on bench, then can sleep straight away? 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Turbocharged
13 hours ago, Tianmo said:

there is a saying, unofficial saying, that the no 4 uniform is blessed with some kind of power, once you change into it, you become 天不怕地不怕...[laugh]

The other power it has is once you change into it, you will 走到哪里,坐到哪里, 坐到哪里,睡到哪里, no scare dirt, no scare dust....[laugh]

My reservist OC once commented that we behave so differently during ICT and when he met us outside....[laugh][laugh][laugh] 

once i put on the uniform, my body will straight away slack, i will drag my boots and then become sleepy very quickly. 😁 this is the power of the green uniform.

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

My running goal for this year is 800km. 

Before CB, i was on track.

Now, I am 162km behind my plan.

Jia you... Can recover back by doing extra 3  to 4 km per week for the remaining year.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

For the hardcore runners in this thread, you spend so much time running. How do you find time to train up for other areas eg strength, flexibility, endurance (other than legs), core etc?

Another question: your wife/family never nag you spend so much time running?

1 minute ago, Kxbc said:

For the hardcore runners in this thread, you spend so much time running. How do you find time to train up for other areas eg strength, flexibility, endurance (other than legs), core etc?

I used to do gym with trainer to strengthen upper body.  Now lazy liao.

I go cycling/running before my wife wake up.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

wah...i 随心随性 run one

no target distance one

non elite professional runner is like that one

😁

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Enye said:

non elite professional runner is like that one

😁

no wonder you are so fast. You are a professional runner, just not in the elite group. 😁

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
4 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

Other exercises are adhoc liao.  Usually the Dip station and chin up bar at fitness corner after my run. And Abs roller at home. 

As of wife nagging, she do once in a while mentioned not to run too much, Especially when she sees me using the massage gun or foam roller. 

As for time, I am of the age as the those uncles that spend their time hours at the kopi tiam drinking beer and teasing beer ladies. I am just using the same amount of time per day for running instead. I don't drink alcohol, that's help.🤣

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged

i exercise diff muscle groups on diff days. but a sure have for most days is a 15 min core exercise which also targets the back. then i mix and match the other exercises to hit around 1 hour activity. So if i run today, tomorrow i will not run, so on and so forth. 

I try to do the matwork exercises with the wife (esp during CB period) then do my other exercises outside or in the gym which she is not interested in. She will continue with her other exercises on her own. So far, no nagging yet.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

I cycle before wifey wakes up. Kettlebell training usually around 11am, i WFH so the training timing is flexible. Wifey does her HIIT stuff in the evenings so i'll lay my mat out as well and do stretches and a light workout while she's huffing and puffing away to the TV.

Today was the first day back to KBs after tweaking my lat/shoulder last friday. Not fully healed, by the 3rd get-up i could feel it starting to nag so i stopped there. Funny, it's in a strange part of the lat/shoulder you don't really activate or feel often, i can even do push-ups without feeling it. Looking at the shoulder anatomy it's most likely the Teres Major muscle i tweaked or something around there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3