Exercising and losing weight

ODC

For me i am leisure runner with weekly low mileage run. 4k each time 3x per week.

After run I do calisthenics exercise like pull up 15 rep, push up 100 rep, leg raise, double and single leg squat. Stretching afterwards. Occasionally will do plank to strengthen core muscle.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged
54 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

For me i am leisure runner with weekly low mileage run. 4k each time 3x per week.

After run I do calisthenics exercise like pull up 15 rep, push up 100 rep, leg raise, double and single leg squat. Stretching afterwards. Occasionally will do plank to strengthen core muscle.

I am also low mileage runner like you. 5k x 2 per week. I find that the effort gap between 4k and 5k is more than the effort gap between 5k and 6k. don't understand it also but it could be due to a different route.

Hypersonic
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

I am also low mileage runner like you. 5k x 2 per week. I find that the effort gap between 4k and 5k is more than the effort gap between 5k and 6k. don't understand it also but it could be due to a different route.

i just exercise 3-4 times a week minimum. 5 if I'm feeling motivated.
No regime. Song song do whatever i like. 

Jog 3+ km 2-3 times a week.
Mat exercises/KB/gym the rest.

Mix and match. Easier to motivate myself to run as it's also dog walking. So if i feel lazy, i just run. mentally easier.

Mon, tues were jogging.
Today is the first day i can lift up my shoulders without groaning since saturday. So think i can go back to doing mat/swings

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

2 hours ago, Myxilplix said:

I cycle before wifey wakes up. Kettlebell training usually around 11am, i WFH so the training timing is flexible. Wifey does her HIIT stuff in the evenings so i'll lay my mat out as well and do stretches and a light workout while she's huffing and puffing away to the TV.

Today was the first day back to KBs after tweaking my lat/shoulder last friday. Not fully healed, by the 3rd get-up i could feel it starting to nag so i stopped there. Funny, it's in a strange part of the lat/shoulder you don't really activate or feel often, i can even do push-ups without feeling it. Looking at the shoulder anatomy it's most likely the Teres Major muscle i tweaked or something around there.

That is weird. Teres Major attaches your scapular to your humerus. You do not feel pain when you do push. It needs to contract to move the humerus too.

Screenshot_20200701-142429_Atlas.thumb.jpg.125b3be3659f99e94cf894f3b6160281.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

That is weird. Teres Major attaches your scapular to your humerus. You do not feel pain when you do push. It needs to contract to move the humerus too.

Screenshot_20200701-142429_Atlas.thumb.jpg.125b3be3659f99e94cf894f3b6160281.jpg

Then maybe it's one of the other muscles in the area, perhaps a section of the lat? I only feel it when i windmill my arm all the way back during shoulder rotation, like when the arm reaches perpendicular to the ground. During the get-up it's only when the arm is overhead and i feel it more when i'm coming back down and put my other arm on the ground, something about the twist or rotation of the torso/shoulders gets it tweaking.

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Myxilplix said:

Then maybe it's one of the other muscles in the area, perhaps a section of the lat? I only feel it when i windmill my arm all the way back during shoulder rotation, like when the arm reaches perpendicular to the ground. During the get-up it's only when the arm is overhead and i feel it more when i'm coming back down and put my other arm on the ground, something about the twist or rotation of the torso/shoulders gets it tweaking.

Then should be one of the muscles at the Rotator Cuff. You need to see a doctor to verify exactly which muscle.

Rotator Cuff Muscles are :

Supraspinatus. 
Infraspinatus. 
Teres Minor. 
Subscapularis

So probably you mean Teres Minor?

Screenshot_20200701-145146_Atlas.thumb.jpg.6d63cee85b425011910edaa8a02434fa.jpg

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

if it is the rotator cuff, better be careful with it. a lot of upper body movements require that part. good to ease off for the time being and let body heal first.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Feels like somewhere in the area of the Teres Major/Teres Minor, towards the base of the scapula and maybe even extending to the sides. The day it got tweaked i actually felt the pain in the chest somewhere under the nipple area, it's only when had a hot shower and started moving my arms to assess the damage that i realised it was at the back instead.

No worries, i'm going slow and seeing how the body is responding to today's training.

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I go cycling/running before my wife wake up.

i notice many guys do this

wonder if there's a large proportion of couples, where the guy is fit zai, and the wife become dinobu 😂

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Myxilplix said:

Feels like somewhere in the area of the Teres Major/Teres Minor, towards the base of the scapula and maybe even extending to the sides. The day it got tweaked i actually felt the pain in the chest somewhere under the nipple area, it's only when had a hot shower and started moving my arms to assess the damage that i realised it was at the back instead.

No worries, i'm going slow and seeing how the body is responding to today's training.

If it is in between these two and deep, it might be Subscapularis muscle which is also part of your Rotator Cuff muscles. Do check with a doctor or physiotherapist on which particular muscle causes the pain. They would be better at giving you the correct remedy.

Subscapularis is the muscle under the scapular, it is deeper inside.

Whatever it is, take care and allow it to recover before any strenuous exercise.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Scion said:

i notice many guys do this

wonder if there's a large proportion of couples, where the guy is fit zai, and the wife become dinobu 😂

actually my observation is the other way round. generally, most men have dad bods while the wife relatively better shape (because they are more vain than men).

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

actually my observation is the other way round. generally, most men have dad bods while the wife relatively better shape (because they are more vain than men).

then the running/exercise is not intense enough to burn the fats faster than accumulated 😂

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Scion said:

then the running/exercise is not intense enough to burn the fats faster than accumulated 😂

got to correct myself. "most men who don't exercise have dad bods while the wife relatively better shape (because they are more vain than men)." 

But some of those who exercise also counter the benefits of exercise with excessive alcohol consumption which slows down metabolism. So back to zero or worse. 

• Praise 1

For those of you who cycle in the morning, be careful on the road.

This morning, i almost crash into Merc who cuts in front of me to turn left.

• Shocked 3

Neutral Newbie
14 hours ago, inlinesix said:

OMG, maybe there is a lot of sleepy driver int the morning that didnt pay enough attention or just some reckless driver. be safe everyone!

On 7/2/2020 at 9:31 AM, inlinesix said:

Cycling on the road is very risky not worth your limbs and even life over it. As a driver you know it just take one reckless driver to cause the damage. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The good news is the shoulder/lat is better. Just finished a session and managed 5 get-ups on each side. Was initially planning to do just 2 on each side but felt good so kept going. Made a slight adjustment to the food positioning on the way down which seems to place the shoulder/lat at a less acute angle.

Tomorrow try again.

• Praise 2