Exercising and losing weight

ODC

12 hours ago, Ender said:

Saw someone posted this is hardwarezone.. Sport massage is like that one? I don't think I can survive this, my pain threshold very low, I can't even last the 30mins of foot reflexology.

Lol this is not sexy time massage. 

Sure damn painful one lah. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
4 hours ago, Myxilplix said:

Looks like a session with my therapist. It's interesting the reactions people have, everything from shouting and yelling to literal crying. I tend to start laughing when the pain gets bad kinda like "arghhhhhhhahahahahahaaa!". Wifey is usually having her pilates session outside when i'm in the therapy room so she can tell how bad the session is by how much i'm laughing.

I see her once every 2 weeks. She'll usually do routine maintenance during the session unless i have a specific issue for her to work on. Not cheap, she charges $130/hr but totally worth it.

Lady therapist has the strength to give you this much pain?

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
4 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

I'm prepared to try this before seeking medical solution if I cannot resolve my pain and aches.😬

He has a massage gun sitting there. 

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

I'm prepared to try this before seeking medical solution if I cannot resolve my pain and aches.😬

My case I thought it was a simple overused muscle or tendon as it really felt like such to me and I hoped rest will help. But it is not. Nothing inflamed. My brain telling me different thing from what my body is suffering from.

So don't wait too long else it might cause more damage if left untreated, esp people in this thread who are quite on in terms of exercise sessions, duration and intensity.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
18 hours ago, Ender said:

Saw someone posted this is hardwarezone.. Sport massage is like that one? I don't think I can survive this, my pain threshold very low, I can't even last the 30mins of foot reflexology.

Spoiler

I just checked his other video, it's all showing how his customers/patient screaming in pain. If you are a some kind sadist who likes to see other screaming while you inflict pain, this is the job..

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
10 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

What pain are you suffering now?

Right now, my upper calve on the right leg is sore. I am think of getting the massage stick soon.. 

9 hours ago, Ender said:

Right now, my upper calve on the right leg is sore. I am think of getting the massage stick soon.. 

Right now is back of right heel...low grade pain. Felt more in the beginning and towards the end.

I am more on doing foam roll now and wearing the night splint. Getting better with lower mileage too.

• Praise 2

16 hours ago, Kxbc said:

My case I thought it was a simple overused muscle or tendon as it really felt like such to me and I hoped rest will help. But it is not. Nothing inflamed. My brain telling me different thing from what my body is suffering from.

So don't wait too long else it might cause more damage if left untreated, esp people in this thread who are quite on in terms of exercise sessions, duration and intensity.

I took a 3 year break from running after both knees got injured from a poorly prepared HM in 2005.  Knees cannot bend for a week and painful whenever I attempted to restart my run.

Lucky for me, it went away to the extent I still can enjoy going for a run now at my own pace.

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, Ender said:

My therapist is a skinny little lady from Ipoh, but she doesn't use much strength. She knows the exact spots to press and can make someone scream by just pressing one finger in the right area. When she needs strength, like when trying to stretch me out, then she'll use her bodyweight to help.

Some of these massage therapist have quite phenomenal grip strength. Their thumb and finger strength is really superb.
But on the other hand, occupational hazard is ligament sprains and strains are common.

I on the other hand have poor grip strength since young, associated with fraility [laugh]

Have been running lesser and slower since CB, and recently with new work.

Still trying to keep to at least 3x a week though.

• Praise 2

11 hours ago, Ender said:

I thought you have the massage gun? Not helpful?

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Reinstalled my pullup bar. Haha trying to slowly break my zero fighter status [laugh]

Pull up will helps to improve grip strength 😁

Improve upper body strength and core muscle as well.

• Haha! 1

On 7/30/2020 at 12:09 AM, Ender said:

I think at the back of your mind, subconsciously you have been thinking of trying this out to get rid of your pain.

I told you before, it is painful, and it will take a few sessions to get that tightness fix.  

If you really want to try it out, mayb can consider trying out a short session with this person who is doing it for many of the SA athletes. His name is coach David, and I think he is the unofficial "massage therapist"  at SA. He is a distance runner himself and a coach, and does deep tissue massage for athletes. I think he does short sessions of 30 mins also, and like not too costly. 

He usually do the massages either at Bishan stadium or KPT, thats how much I know.

We dont go to him because I do it for my son. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

19 hours ago, Ender said:

enough to make you tear hor...[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

45 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

Pull up will helps to improve grip strength 😁

Improve upper body strength and core muscle as well.

haha if u can hang on the bar long enough. [:p]

Yeah lah. pullups is one of the best bodyweight exercises.

I'm temporarily stopping all the squatting/swings part. 
Switching back to non load bearing glut isolation exercises with resistance band.
Don't want to worsen my knee arthritis, since I'm already running 2-3 times a week. So i want 1-2 sessions where i don't strain my knees. Cos while no real pain, increasingly for last 2 years, i can feel more strain in my knees. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4