Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Hypersonic
(edited)
6 hours ago, Tianmo said:

I think at the back of your mind, subconsciously you have been thinking of trying this out to get rid of your pain.

I told you before, it is painful, and it will take a few sessions to get that tightness fix.  

If you really want to try it out, mayb can consider trying out a short session with this person who is doing it for many of the SA athletes. His name is coach David, and I think he is the unofficial "massage therapist"  at SA. He is a distance runner himself and a coach, and does deep tissue massage for athletes. I think he does short sessions of 30 mins also, and like not too costly. 

He usually do the massages either at Bishan stadium or KPT, thats how much I know.

We dont go to him because I do it for my son. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

It's on my mind. Now is ai mai, ai mai. Coz the sore is not really that bad. Most of the time it's not there. Only when you stretch or certain positions can feel it. 

I showed this video to my wife, she immediately say don't ask her to learn. Lol. 

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
6 hours ago, Lala81 said:

haha if u can hang on the bar long enough. [:p]

Yeah lah. pullups is one of the best bodyweight exercises.

I'm temporarily stopping all the squatting/swings part. 
Switching back to non load bearing glut isolation exercises with resistance band.
Don't want to worsen my knee arthritis, since I'm already running 2-3 times a week. So i want 1-2 sessions where i don't strain my knees. Cos while no real pain, increasingly for last 2 years, i can feel more strain in my knees. 

Need deep tissue massage. Lol. 

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
10 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

Right now is back of right heel...low grade pain. Felt more in the beginning and towards the end.

I am more on doing foam roll now and wearing the night splint. Getting better with lower mileage too.

Yup, that's what i had on the back of heel. I could not run fast, it will hurt. Rice for 3 months did not improve anything. Only when I switched to high dropped shoes then i can gain back my pace.. The spot is still a little more tender compare to my other foot. But ia not a problem for my running anymore. 

Hypersonic

The last time I did a time trial was more than 2 years ago. Did one today to see if my Lactate Threshold has dropped or not,   after doing mostly 99% zone 1 running for more than 6 months. Was surprised by the result, it's a PB. So these low HR training didn't dropped my lactate threshold.

Time trial was done at the stadium track to ensure accurate distance. Can see the GPS added a 0.03km LOL.

Time Trial 5K.JPG

• Praise 12

7 hours ago, Ender said:

The last time I did a time trial was more than 2 years ago. Did one today to see if my Lactate Threshold has dropped or not,   after doing mostly 99% zone 1 running for more than 6 months. Was surprised by the result, it's a PB. So these low HR training didn't dropped my lactate threshold.

Time trial was done at the stadium track to ensure accurate distance. Can see the GPS added a 0.03km LOL.

Time Trial 5K.JPG

Wah, you 25 or 52.? Really no horse run.👍👍👍💪💪💪

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
9 hours ago, Ender said:

Time Trial 5K.JPG

wah... confirm top 1% elite runner

😱👍💪

10 hours ago, Ender said:

Time Trial 5K.JPG

Oh can share what's your avg hr for this run?

3 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

Wah, you 25 or 52.? Really no horse run.👍👍👍💪💪💪

bull run, bull also die....

boh bey zhao, Gu zhao, gu phoon si!!! [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 4

4 hours ago, Enye said:

wah... confirm top 1% elite runner

😱👍💪

Far from being top 1%. There are many sub 20 minutes 5k runners in Singapore. But I am very happy with this though, coz now I learn that doing low HR running has minimal effect on my lactate threshold. Can carry on with my easy days without this worry.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

Oh can share what's your avg hr for this run?

HR went up to 180 bpm.. I's been a long time I had my HR that high.

Time Trial Laps.JPG

• Praise 4

3 hours ago, Ender said:

Time Trial Laps.JPG

I was curious so I ran in the stadium just now. Max effort...and pace slowed last two laps. Think this watch hr koyak, I was panting like hell.

If I had ran with you, I would be lapped.😅

Screenshot_20200801-175253.png

• Praise 9

18 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

I was curious so I ran in the stadium just now. Max effort...and pace slowed last two laps. Think this watch hr koyak, I was panting like hell.

Screenshot_20200801-175253.png and 

That's a good pace for our age.  It's interesting that you have been doing slow and easy runs all the while with little tempo runs, years I guess, and yet still can get sub 25 minutes for a 5K time trial.. It seems consistently slow running will not dropped the our lactate threshold(LT). It's maintaining LT well while building our muscle endurance. This is what I gather from both our exeprience.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 2

4 hours ago, Ender said:

Time Trial Laps.JPG

Wow! this is a great timing for 5K. can see your pacing is very consistent and ideal to get good timing. 

U did this in early 50 of age? that is amazing. Well done!

• Praise 1

39 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Well done! great job! 💪

• Praise 1

26 minutes ago, Ender said:

That's a good pace for our age.  It's interesting that you have been doing slow and easy runs all the while with little tempo runs, years I guess, and yet still can get sub 25 minutes for a 5K time trial.. It seems consistently slow running will not dropped the our lactate threshold(LT). It's maintaining LT well while building our muscle endurance. This is what I gather from both our exeprience.

Yah...some tempo and speed if I enter a race. Otherwise all easy.

• Praise 1

19 hours ago, Ender said:

Time Trial 5K.JPG

Yesterday I also ran 5k all out and want to die liao.. nowhere near your timing 🤣

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

59 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

We can run together. My timing near yours 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3