Exercising and losing weight

ODC

19 hours ago, Giordanogavin said:

Wow! this is a great timing for 5K. can see your pacing is very consistent and ideal to get good timing. 

U did this in early 50 of age? that is amazing. Well done!

Ya, 52, as mentioned by @TangoCharlie. Am please with the time.

2 hours ago, Giordanogavin said:

Looks like quite a few 5k runners here. Anyone try the MR25 5k time trial before?

To qualify as member need to run 5k within 25minutes thus the name. A trail run at MacRitchie reservoir with up and down hills. Quite challenging.

Trial running is harder, may not get the qualifying time. But have to pay for membership, so never intend to join

2 hours ago, Giordanogavin said:

Your training routine is long distance and slow pace right or LSD.

Some said long slow run will slow down your speed but seems LSD training works even for 5k distance.

Last year was following marathon and HM  training plans with good mixed of LSD, Tempo and Intervals. This is where I think I built up my lactate threshold.

Only beginning of this year,I started MAF running. To date 7 months of slow, HR zone 1 running.. With an occasional interval. I don't think the  slow runs improve the LT, but at least it's not detrimental in my case. Maintaining well.

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

2 hours ago, Mason016 said:

Macritchie trial? 

Bloody good pace!!! [thumbsup] i think quite a number of 18 year old kids will have trouble keeping up!! 

Not trail, don't think can achieve this on trail.  it was done at YCK stadium for accurate distance and consistency for future and past comparisons.

Edited by Ender

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

Today added 20kg dumbbell plates to my current 20kg dumbbells (10kg each ),  so now I have 2 adjustable dumbbells each can add up to 20kg. Also bought 3 donut grip trainers of different resistance.  The lightest one for my oc,  standby the medium one for her upgrade,  and kept the strongest for own use.  ^_^

rps20200802_122610.jpg.0d634c299944b26e3c79ff8e460327e5.jpg

Also added an order for a hex trap bar,  delivery in 2 weeks.  ^_^[laugh][laugh]

rps20200802_122813.thumb.jpg.67624acde3f97d7cee251c05b6a2f3de.jpg

Must try out tianmo's activeMCF gym one day...

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Ender said:

Must try out tianmo's activeMCF gym one day...

After all set up, will invite you to come and try. [thumbsup]

After that mayb you can take a slow run home...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

29 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

your place to his probably can count as almost one stand chart marathon alr😂😂😂😂

• Haha! 4

4 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Today added 20kg dumbbell plates to my current 20kg dumbbells (10kg each ),  so now I have 2 adjustable dumbbells each can add up to 20kg. Also bought 3 donut grip trainers of different resistance.  The lightest one for my oc,  standby the medium one for her upgrade,  and kept the strongest for own use.  ^_^

Also added an order for a hex trap bar,  delivery in 2 weeks.  ^_^[laugh][laugh]

your rack delivered? photos please lol.

3 hours ago, Ender said:

Only beginning of this year,I started MAF running. To date 7 months of slow, HR zone 1 running.. With an occasional interval. I don't think the  slow runs improve the LT, but at least it's not detrimental in my case. Maintaining well.

No where close to the speeds u all are going at. 

Anyway been reading this book.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48890486-breath

I've always been a mouth breather for exercise. We discussed and experimented with this I think last year or 2018?
Now I'm trying to convert all my running into nasal breathing only. Just tried a bit just now, manageable if I'm going slow. But I only ran short distances cos i was with my dog and i needed to do other stuff. And it was also 11am which is hotter than my usual running schedule.
For gym/bodyweight exercises,  i'll probably still use my mouth. 

After i did my minor surgery to help shrink my internal nose structures 3 years ago. I switched to being a nasal breather at night (Cos need to use cpap machine).  But after reading this, I'm more conscious about keeping my mouth closed. 

My 5 year old son is a mouth breather due to allergic rhinitis. Need to convert him into a nose breather.

• Praise 2

25 minutes ago, SiLangKia said:

your place to his probably can count as almost one stand chart marathon alr😂😂😂😂

Okok, mayb I drop him half way somewhere, and then he run home...[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

25 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

your rack delivered? photos please lol.

not yet. 

sld arrive sg 14-8 that week, delivery ard 20-8 that week.  Hex trap bar is from ezbuy, also expected to deliver between 14-20 Aug. 

OKOK, will take pictures when all set up...^_^[laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
8 hours ago, Kxbc said:

The Master has spoken. The rest all queue behind. But we might have 165kg contender soon. 😂

Sibei solid. I 18 years old that time also no where near this timing. 

err... 165kg only fit to serve water and hand out towels after the heavenly kings race

😬😅

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Enye said:

err... 165kg only fit to serve water and hand out towels after the heavenly kings race

😬😅

The heavenly kings might want cold milo so you might want to prepare that too.😂 I remember those from the milo van were super gao and really heavenly. 

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
51 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

The heavenly kings might want cold milo so you might want to prepare that too.😂 I remember those from the milo van were super gao and really heavenly. 

wah boss... you forget i also peasant 

can only afford sky juice and 祝君早安 white towels

😅

• Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Steady lah.. Gym MU...😁 I think your outside big enough for a mini MU..

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

No where close to the speeds u all are going at. 

Anyway been reading this book.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48890486-breath

I've always been a mouth breather for exercise. We discussed and experimented with this I think last year or 2018?
Now I'm trying to convert all my running into nasal breathing only. Just tried a bit just now, manageable if I'm going slow. But I only ran short distances cos i was with my dog and i needed to do other stuff. And it was also 11am which is hotter than my usual running schedule.
For gym/bodyweight exercises,  i'll probably still use my mouth. 

After i did my minor surgery to help shrink my internal nose structures 3 years ago. I switched to being a nasal breather at night (Cos need to use cpap machine).  But after reading this, I'm more conscious about keeping my mouth closed. 

My 5 year old son is a mouth breather due to allergic rhinitis. Need to convert him into a nose breather.

I did not pay attention how I breath when I run. But the Zone1 MAF runs, I know they are mostly nasal breathing.  The trial runs I was grasping for air, no choice, breathe in from both nose and mouth,.

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Ender said:

Steady lah.. Gym MU...😁 I think your outside big enough for a mini MU..

more than 5 and we might end up in court hor...[:p][laugh][laugh]

My outside can put 4 mahjong tables one side, the other side can put 2 more, so all in can have 6 tables of 4, mini MU sld be enough. But i stay at bird no lay egg place, MU is out of the way for many..... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 3

22 hours ago, Kxbc said:

The Master has spoken. The rest all queue behind. But we might have 165kg contender soon. 😂

Sibei solid. I 18 years old that time also no where near this timing. 

Distance running is probably akin to qigong kungfu master. Those masters are more senior in age with years of experience and training in their belt which make their qi more powerful. There is no way a 18 years old kid can beat them 🤣

here's a simplified one pager to know what routine improves what. But in a week, you have to mix them.

Dr Ben Tan one page.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6