Exercising and losing weight

ODC

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

somehow i am still a believer that the hands and legs do a better job than the gun. With the help of some tools, I think the hands can reach deeper into the muscles. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Massage gun is for kaki massage kaki. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

somehow i am still a believer that the hands and legs do a better job than the gun. With the help of some tools, I think the hands can reach deeper into the muscles. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

9 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

9 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Massage gun is for shiok massage. Not too sure for recovery massage from sore or injuries.

• Haha! 1

Think I may strain my lower hamstring and upper calf of my right leg. Try to pinch out the tender areas behind my right knee, it's more toward where the upper calf meet the lower knee and also the the lower hamstring meets the upper knee behind. Maybe tendon strain on both ends

Only notice it when I did a slow run on Saturday, and felt the back my right knee straining after 10 km. Have to cut my run short.

Rested on Sunday.

Today ran on softer ground at the stadium track. Able to run problem free, but still abit tender when nearer the end of the run.

I guess after 7 months of slow running, my tendons, ligaments, muscles are not use to the fast pace of the trial run..Next time I will have to add gradual pace increment workouts  before a time trial.

• Praise 4

8 hours ago, Ender said:

Think I may strain my lower hamstring and upper calf of my right leg. Try to pinch out the tender areas behind my right knee, it's more toward where the upper calf meet the lower knee and also the the lower hamstring meets the upper knee behind. Maybe tendon strain on both ends

Only notice it when I did a slow run on Saturday, and felt the back my right knee straining after 10 km. Have to cut my run short.

Rested on Sunday.

Today ran on softer ground at the stadium track. Able to run problem free, but still abit tender when nearer the end of the run.

I guess after 7 months of slow running, my tendons, ligaments, muscles are not use to the fast pace of the trial run..Next time I will have to add gradual pace increment workouts  before a time trial.

I had doms for the whole legs and right heel tightened up again til yesterday.

Foam roll, night splint and recovery run yesterday. Felt ok today.

Curiosity (nearly) killed the kar. LoL.

Edited by TangoCharlie
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

I had doms for the whole legs and right heel tightened up again til yesterday.

Foam roll, night splint and recovery run yesterday. Felt ok today.

Curiosity (nearly) killed the kar. LoL.

I think since we have been doing slow pace running all the while, got to get our muscles, tendons, etc to be acclimatize to higher pace first before actually doing it.

Lucky this year don't have races to join while I did my MAF runs. A 10km race might just kill my leg, due to almost no tempo or speed sessions.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

Remember exercise also cannot push too  hard.

If not end up middle age already chronic pain.

Already passed middle age more than 10 years liao. LOL.

• Haha! 1

On 8/3/2020 at 11:20 AM, Tianmo said:

Very true.

Usually I engage the help of my wife to deliver some powerful punches from her fists to soften my tight muscles :grin:

The most important part is helping her to de-stress at the same time.

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Very true.

Usually I engage the help of my wife to deliver some powerful punches from her fists to soften my tight muscles :grin:

The most important part is helping her to de-stress at the same time.

I have my daughter step on me.  Always damn painful,  and then become so shiok I will fall a sleep.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, TangoCharlie said:

Is this the injection method? TCB like smiling all the way....😅

Ya lor. Like no pain one. 

1 hour ago, TangoCharlie said:

Is this the injection method? TCB like smiling all the way....😅

This is knee aspiration of excess fluid + H&L injection for pain relief later. It's not super painful. Probably similar to blood drawing (provided the needle don't hit the bone). The liquid going in and out doesn't hurt cos it's inside the joint where fluid can expand. I
Some doctors will inject a small dose of local anaesthetic into the area the needle going through, but not a must also.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

43 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

This is knee aspiration of excess fluid + H&L injection for pain relief later. It's not super painful. Probably similar to blood drawing (provided the needle don't hit the bone). The liquid going in and out doesn't hurt cos it's inside the joint where fluid can expand. I
Some doctors will inject a small dose of local anaesthetic into the area the needle going through, but not a must also.

I was wondering whats that yellow liquid they took out? 

So the pain is because of that fluid caused by excessive walking?  sound like some kind of inflammation to me..[:p][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo

44 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

How come ah Bok no wear mask? :huh:

Knee pain excuse mask? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

lao hero mah.

Probably for video lah.

• Haha! 3

43 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I was wondering whats that yellow liquid they took out? 

So the pain is because of that fluid caused by excessive walking?  sound like some kind of inflammation to me..[:p][laugh][laugh]

Just regular arthritis causing joint swelling/inflammation. Yellow fluid is the synovial fluid inside the joint. 
Injection of the H&L is for symptom relief over next few weeks to maybe few months. But the steroid inside the H&L causes the cartilage to wear out faster also. So more of short term relief.

He probably doesn't want surgery type. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Thought this might help the layman to understand what is H&L injection. Extracted from an orthopedic website.

Cortisone (H&L) shots are injections that may help relieve pain and inflammation in a specific area of your body. Cortisone shots are most commonly given into joints — such as your ankle, elbow, hip, knee, shoulder, spine and wrist. Even the small joints in your hands and feet may benefit from cortisone shots.

Cortisone shots usually include a corticosteroid medication and a local anaesthetic.

Results of cortisone shots typically depend on the reason for the treatment. Cortisone shots commonly cause a temporary flare in pain and inflammation for up to 48 hours after the injection. After that, you should experience decreased pain and inflammation at the injection site.

Limits on the number of cortisone shots

There’s some concern that repeated use of cortisone shots (H&L injection) may cause deterioration of the cartilage within a joint. For this reason, doctors typically limit the number of cortisone shots into a joint. In general, cortisone injections should not be given more often than every six weeks and usually not more than three or four times a year.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4