Exercising and losing weight

ODC

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Really must watch, last year has ineos, this year is  bekele vs kipchoge.. 

48 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

London Marathon 2020

Man

Eliud Kipchoge

Kenenisa Bekele

Women

Brigid Kosgei

so who you guys placing your money with? [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

If both finishes, my money on kipchoge. Looking back at their career, he is a more natural long distance runner compared to bekele who had more success at 5k and 10k.

Kipchoge is more consistent. He has always performed well in all his races. 

But I do to see a good neck to neck fight between them. 

• Praise 1

Just now, Ender said:

Kipchoge is more consistent. He has always performed well in all his races. 

But I do to see a good neck to neck fight between them. 

In their younger days, Bekele was faster than Kipchoge in Track & Field event.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Scion said:

the weather so so hot

almost melted just by walking fast on the PCN

Past two days weather really super hot. I went to botanic garden yesterday walk walk, sweat like hell until almost melted liao.

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

In their younger days, Bekele was faster than Kipchoge in Track & Field event.

Ya, bekele ruled the tracks. But this is FM, where bekele is not as consistent in performance. Is his performance as repeatable as kipchoge?

35 minutes ago, Ender said:

Ya, bekele ruled the tracks. But this is FM, where bekele is not as consistent in performance. Is his performance as repeatable as kipchoge?

Bekele had FM performance issue in 2017 & 2018

Just did a round island ride on National Day wee hours with a few friends, 110km. 

This morning done a 45km relaxing recovery ride.

Got slightly larger quads and calves now, but lost a bit of upper body mass after 3 mths of regular cycling. 

• Praise 8

On 8/8/2020 at 11:18 PM, Ender said:

Maybe I should add this after a long run.

Today first day to incorporate some yoga stretches for my after run  recovery. My toes cramp in some of the plantar flexion position, hahaha, quite painful.. Real beginner here, , I can't last more for 5 seconds for all of the stretches here. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

10 hours ago, Ender said:

Today first day to incorporate some yoga stretches for my after run  recovery. My toes cramp in some of the plantar flexion position, hahaha, quite painful.. Real beginner here, , I can't last more for 5 seconds for all of the stretches here. 

Alamak, less than 5 sec? These are all very elementary yaga poses and stretches,  which most physical active ppl sld be able to perform,  maybe not all,  but at least sld be able to do a few with ease.  

If you cannot last 5 sec, means your body is real tense up,  a muscle tear is waiting if you are not careful.  Deep tissue massage is out for you liao, you won't be able to tahan,  I can guarantee this.  

Not I hao lian, I can do all these pose with ease,  and at least can last more than 30 sec,  still I find my body quite tense up and painful when my daughter step on my calves. 

OK,  maybe I did elementary yoga before,  so not fair to compare, but still I think your body needs to loosen up badly... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Alamak, less than 5 sec? These are all very elementary yaga poses and stretches,  which most physical active ppl sld be able to perform,  maybe not all,  but at least sld be able to do a few with ease.  

If you cannot last 5 sec, means your body is real tense up,  a muscle tear is waiting if you are not careful.  Deep tissue massage is out for you liao, you won't be able to tahan,  I can guarantee this.  

Not I hao lian, I can do all these pose with ease,  and at least can last more than 30 sec,  still I find my body quite tense up and painful when my daughter step on my calves. 

OK,  maybe I did elementary yoga before,  so not fair to compare, but still I think your body needs to loosen up badly... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Ya,hahaha. I know I am really bad this yoga stretches. I guess this yoga may be the missing portion to my complete workout for good recovery.

• Praise 1

something interesting on using fat as energy vs using carbs as energy. 

And those long distance runners, can consider drinking coffee before, and during your race....

Mayb all those elite runners had coffee in their personal water bottles....[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

18 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

And those long distance runners, can consider drinking coffee before, and during your race....

Mayb all those elite runners had coffee in their personal water bottles....[:p][laugh][laugh]

I drink coffee before and after bike ride.

I feel awake with coffee before bike ride

• Praise 1

56 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I find it confusing that the lower intensity, the greater proportion of fats is burning, though at lower calories too.  And would that means for every sedentary people, they are burning alot more fats than carbs, since they hardly go above zone 1 in most days? And yet from diet philosophy like keto or IF, we were told our body would prefer to burn sugar leaving the fats untouched , and therefore thru keto or IF, we are 'retraining' our body to adapt to ketosis to burn fats.  

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

kopi o kosong always before run...not to burn fats but to clear bowels. haha

27 minutes ago, Ender said:

I find it confusing that the lower intensity, the greater proportion of fats is burning, though at lower calories too.  And would that means for every sedentary people, they are burning alot more fats than carbs, since they hardly go above zone 1 in most days? And yet from diet philosophy like keto or IF, we were told our body would prefer to burn sugar leaving the fats untouched , and therefore thru keto or IF, we are 'retraining' our body to adapt to ketosis to burn fats.  

if you think in terms of calories consumption/expenditure, still makes sense as excess calories (from fats and carbs) consumed by sendentary people also converted to fats.

↡ Advertisement