Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Atonchia said:

A question for all Shifu here. 

Last month my posterior knee was swollen....then Recovered

Then it came back this week a, day after my cycling.

So I Google what are the possible causes. 

1) Bakers Cyst

2) popliteal fossa pain

Probably I will have to get the orthopaedic Dr to access. 

This is the 3rd time already. 

1st time was when I squatted down when I was shifting house early this year. 

If RICE as what Lala81 suggested does not work, go have it checked out by orthopaedic doctor. They have all the x rays and mri and what not equipment to see inside. Remedy earlier to reduce damage to your joints. Waiting too long for remedial action might have not help you recover fully. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

29 minutes ago, Blueray said:

could be a combination of factors then.

perhaps a trip to TCM for another opinion ?

I had back ache for 3 weeks, pain killers did not help at all. went to TCM, diagnosed as rheumatism, treated with accu and cupping.

Accu and cupping help?

8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Accu and cupping help?

there was some "stale" blood somewhere which needed to be extracted, so the TCM used a few needles to poke a few holes and then cupped out the blood.

I went back for 2 more follow up sessions to cup my back again. 

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Blueray said:

there was some "stale" blood somewhere which needed to be extracted, so the TCM used a few needles to poke a few holes and then cupped out the blood.

The treatment sounds painful, need to draw blood.

41 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

If RICE as what Lala81 suggested does not work, go have it checked out by orthopaedic doctor. They have all the x rays and mri and what not equipment to see inside. Remedy earlier to reduce damage to your joints. Waiting too long for remedial action might have not help you recover fully. 

I think knee don't play play see doctor better. For my past injuries are usually tendon and muscle related injuries, so they can recover via active recovery, i.e still do exercise with lower loading. knees may or may not be tendon, muscle or ligament related. 

7 minutes ago, Ender said:

actually no, accu needles are actually very fine so the holes created are not large, and the subsequent cupping was not lengthy.

much better than 3 weeks of discomfort and pain killers. 

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

New arrivals.

Addition to the rack...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

rps20201022_135406.jpg.4a29476fd14ec45d552990685e51301c.jpg

rps20201022_135447.jpg.f03405b3a30cbb1858e55a17b56ac5f0.jpg

rps20201022_135527.jpg.fae1d0158e8c8a686795390c8f083b93.jpg

never seen such a small 15kg plate before. The size looks like a 5kg plate.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
15 hours ago, Ender said:

ang mo doctor also have such treatment but I forgot the name of the procedure. [Edit: Found it. Called aspiration of fluid] They basically give you a local anesthetic, then poke you with a needle and syringe and then just draw out the liquid in the joint which is causing the swelling. It really helps to reduce the swelling. It can be a little painful as the needle moves around inside joint to find where the liquid is. 

Edited by Kxbc

16 hours ago, Blueray said:

So you did a wet cupping.

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

New arrivals.

Addition to the rack...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Spoiler

rps20201022_135406.jpg.4a29476fd14ec45d552990685e51301c.jpg

rps20201022_135447.jpg.f03405b3a30cbb1858e55a17b56ac5f0.jpg

rps20201022_135527.jpg.fae1d0158e8c8a686795390c8f083b93.jpg

Your house still got place to walk? 🤣 

• Haha! 2

56 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

never seen such a small 15kg plate before. The size looks like a 5kg plate.

I think is the angle of the picture lah. The actual thing is almost the size of  20kg plate,  and thicker some more. 

this picture looks more normal? 

The 2 thicker plates on top are the 15kg,  the one outside is a 10kg.  The 2 inner plates at the bottom are 20kgs,  outside plate is 10kg.  

Now the 15kg looks bigger?  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

rps20201022_161554.thumb.jpg.54df96e4c75a3edc619080d4073c7db3.jpg

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

48 minutes ago, Ender said:

Your house still got place to walk? 🤣 

I still got some accessories coming next week. Like barbell squats pad,  rowing handles, extension ropes,  etc. 

I think need to sleep corridor soon liao... [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I think is the angle of the picture lah. The actual thing is almost the size of  20kg plate,  and thicker some more. 

this picture looks more normal? 

The 2 thicker plates on top are the 15kg,  the one outside is a 10kg.  The 2 inner plates at the bottom are 20kgs,  outside plate is 10kg.  

Now the 15kg looks bigger?  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

😁 maybe diff manufacturers have diff size templates. the ones used in my gym are typically bigger in diameter. I actually prefer smaller sized plates. easier to lug around and when using them w/o use of the bar.

so how many times have the family made use of the rack and weights? hopefully won't become white elephant. 

having a home gym during covid is envy. commercial gyms now need advanced booking, limited number of pax and what-nots, very troublesome.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

😁 maybe diff manufacturers have diff size templates. the ones used in my gym are typically bigger in diameter. I actually prefer smaller sized plates. easier to lug around and when using them w/o use of the bar.

so how many times have the family made use of the rack and weights? hopefully won't become white elephant. 

having a home gym during covid is envy. commercial gyms now need advanced booking, limited number of pax and what-nots, very troublesome.

Yah lor,  when I saw the picture,  look similar to my current ones,  but when they came, turned out thicker.  But size wise and weight accuracy is good.  

Mayb your gym using those standard Olympic plates? Olympic plates all same diameter one,  only thickness different and marked by colors.  The 5 kg and 20kg plates look the same... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

So far 3 out of 5 use it.  My son making full use of it,  training strength every other days and pull ups everyday.  I use it 3 times a week,  and some pull ups in between.  My elder daughter started using it 2 weeks ago.  So only the mother and my younger daughter have not gone into the cage yet...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Pros and cons,  but so far so good,  I think we have more pros than cons... [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

40 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I still got some accessories coming next week. Like barbell squats pad,  rowing handles, extension ropes,  etc. 

I think need to sleep corridor soon liao... [:p][laugh][laugh]

You plan to open a gym inside your house? 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1