Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Turbocharged
21 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Yah lor,  when I saw the picture,  look similar to my current ones,  but when they came, turned out thicker.  But size wise and weight accuracy is good.  

Mayb your gym using those standard Olympic plates? Olympic plates all same diameter one,  only thickness different and marked by colors.  The 5 kg and 20kg plates look the same... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

So far 3 out of 5 use it.  My son making full use of it,  training strength every other days and pull ups everyday.  I use it 3 times a week,  and some pull ups in between.  My elder daughter started using it 2 weeks ago.  So only the mother and my younger daughter have not gone into the cage yet...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Pros and cons,  but so far so good,  I think we have more pros than cons... [:p][laugh][laugh]

i can't remember the brand used in my gym but they are definitely not Orlimpig plates. They are all orh lu lu with different sizes.

Got 3 person use regularly is good usage. 

With this covid thing and knee surgery recovery going on, I have stepped into the gym very very few times already. Lazy worms starting to surface in my body.

↡ Advertisement

8 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

i can't remember the brand used in my gym but they are definitely not Orlimpig plates. They are all orh lu lu with different sizes.

Got 3 person use regularly is good usage. 

With this covid thing and knee surgery recovery going on, I have stepped into the gym very very few times already. Lazy worms starting to surface in my body.

Yah,  there are many different standards, but as long the weight is right then it's OK liao.  I choose the ones with handles over the solid ones because I can use the plates for other exercises like the farmers walk and plate swing (similar to kettlebell swing),  and easier to manage.  For whatever reasons,  some ppl prefer the solid plates.  

I think it won't become an white elephant so soon,  at least not in the next 3-4 years. 

Yah,  rest your legs,  but keep your body moving.  Don't let it go to quick,  hard to come back later. 

Do some light ones,  do anything is better than nothing. 

Btw,  the weighted pull ups is really one kind of a monster exercise when done with effort.  A real power generator.  [thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

I think is the angle of the picture lah. The actual thing is almost the size of  20kg plate,  and thicker some more. 

this picture looks more normal? 

The 2 thicker plates on top are the 15kg,  the one outside is a 10kg.  The 2 inner plates at the bottom are 20kgs,  outside plate is 10kg.  

Now the 15kg looks bigger?  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

rps20201022_161554.thumb.jpg.54df96e4c75a3edc619080d4073c7db3.jpg

WOAH you can lift 80kg? that is some ferrari stuff man!

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
22 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Yah,  there are many different standards, but as long the weight is right then it's OK liao.  I choose the ones with handles over the solid ones because I can use the plates for other exercises like the farmers walk and plate swing (similar to kettlebell swing),  and easier to manage.  For whatever reasons,  some ppl prefer the solid plates.  

I think it won't become an white elephant so soon,  at least not in the next 3-4 years. 

Yah,  rest your legs,  but keep your body moving.  Don't let it go to quick,  hard to come back later. 

Do some light ones,  do anything is better than nothing. 

Btw,  the weighted pull ups is really one kind of a monster exercise when done with effort.  A real power generator.  [thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

Actually, running helps to loosen my tight knee capsules as long as the run is not high intensity or too long. Helps to build knee stability as well (outdoor run). I am actually going for a short run now. 😀 Trying to banish the lazy worms.

• Praise 4

Was just Trying to improve my front crawl technique which is terrible, cos I'm also trying to teach my kids how to swim. But strained my left rotator cuff yesterday. -_-

• Shocked 2

13 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Was just Trying to improve my front crawl technique which is terrible, cos I'm also trying to teach my kids how to swim. But strained my left rotator cuff yesterday. -_-

That’s not going to lead to torn rotator cuff right ?? I kenna op 5 years back .... torn rotator cuff , 1 tendon kenna implant and 1 stitch up , the other 2 were Ok ..... after that dare not play soccer anymore or any contact sports for that matter 

8 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

That’s not going to lead to torn rotator cuff right ?? I kenna op 5 years back .... torn rotator cuff , 1 tendon kenna implant and 1 stitch up , the other 2 were Ok ..... after that dare not play soccer anymore or any contact sports for that matter 

Hmm no lah. Haha don't think I'm so bad. Just somewhat recovered from it being strained. As I mentioned, I sleep with my arm under the pillow. So that was the original reason for it being strained. 

58 minutes ago, Ender said:

Elite runner.

err.. elite runner standard 10k is under 30 mins hor

mine is fat uncle trying to keep fit pace

😅

6 minutes ago, Enye said:

err.. elite runner standard 10k is under 30 mins hor

mine is fat uncle trying to keep fit pace

😅

Singapore elite runner can't go below 30mins.. Not even Soh rui yong.  45 mins is already unachievable for many amateur, including myself.

If you wanna measure your time, next time try it on a track. May run faster and accurate distance for consistency to see if there's improvement in time.

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Ender said:

Singapore elite runner can't go below 30mins.. Not even Soh rui yong.  45 mins is already unachievable for many amateur, including myself.

If you wanna measure your time, next time try it on a track. May run faster and accurate distance for consistency to see if there's improvement in time.

10k on track is 25 rounds:a-confused: ... probably lose count and stop because of dizziness

think agak agak for me can already...no need so accurate

guru can run your 5km pace for 10km....under 45 mins liao

😅

Edited by Enye

8 minutes ago, Enye said:

10k on track is 25 rounds:a-confused: ... probably lose count and stop because of dizzyness

guru can run your 5km pace for 10km....under 45 mins liao

😅

No choice, coz in Singapore the only way to get the measured course is with a stadium.  Else every-time someone ran a PB or PR with GPS as their reference, it's cannot be certained. The the variation is just too much.  

My 5 km is all out, cannot maintain that pace for twice the distance..   But I am trying out something else, to see if long slow and high mileage training will reduce that decay in pace between my 5km vs 10km vs 21km vs 42km..  My worst pace decay is not surprisingly between 21km and 42km...  So my last time 5km time trial is the base for measuring my decay between various distances once race competition is allowed, else got to do stadium time trial.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 2

50 minutes ago, Ender said:

No choice, coz in Singapore the only way to get the measured course is with a stadium.  Else every-time someone ran a PB or PR with GPS as their reference, it's cannot be certained. The the variation is just too much.  

My 5 km is all out, cannot maintain that pace for twice the distance..   But I am trying out something else, to see if long slow and high mileage training will reduce that decay in pace between my 5km vs 10km vs 21km vs 42km..  My worst pace decay is not surprisingly between 21km and 42km...  So my last time 5km time trial is the base for measuring my decay between various distances once race competition is allowed, else got to do stadium time trial.

gps distance variations cannot be helped lah... at least got some idea on the distance covered

my running routes can have variations of up to 300-400m for 10 km and 500m -600m for 15-18km distances.  maybe plus or minus a couple of mins difference in overall timing.  

sometimes on form or not during the run already can cause that few mins of difference. anyway  i don’t go all out for any run... because peasant come home still have chores to finish up 😬😅 so accurate distance measurement not so important for me

time decay betwen 5km and 10km distance should be around 5-10 sec per km? still should be able to do 10 km under 45 mins bah for you

😅👍

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Hmm no lah. Haha don't think I'm so bad. Just somewhat recovered from it being strained. As I mentioned, I sleep with my arm under the pillow. So that was the original reason for it being strained. 

Glad for you, as you mentioned only strain so its just a one off ........ after some time will recover.... mind was bad and also misdiagnosed as a frozen shoulder initially ..... until after doing MRI only did they realise is torn tendon ..... really bad and kenna surgery and physio/rehab took also another 6 months before becoming OK..... not even stock condition ....... can say about 80-85% only    

14 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Glad for you, as you mentioned only strain so its just a one off ........ after some time will recover.... mind was bad and also misdiagnosed as a frozen shoulder initially ..... until after doing MRI only did they realise is torn tendon ..... really bad and kenna surgery and physio/rehab took also another 6 months before becoming OK..... not even stock condition ....... can say about 80-85% only    

yeah need to rest it.

Once got tear is quite serious already i guess.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement