Exercising and losing weight

ODC

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

How's the new balancing exercises going? Any visible improvement? 

Haven't really did any balancing exercises yet, except one leg kettle bell dead lift. Don't know how to test for improvement, other then to have another trip and see if I could gain back my balance. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

Did my first 4km run since my Aug surgery. Not bad. No pain no discomfort no tightness. Think can go back to my 5km distance soon once I improve my stamina. 

These few days always raining. Once see no rain, should quickly grab running shoes and go. Can't afford to wait for regular time slot anymore in case it rains again. 

Can run up and down the mscp.

• Haha! 1

On 1/5/2021 at 11:07 PM, Ender said:

From the latest fall, the GP near my house applied this Supirocin ointment on my wound. From googling, it seems this ointment is not suitable for open wound,  as it can get absorbed into the blood stream and it's bad for the kidney. Only one day later I find this out, need to change my dressing with the ointment from CGH.

It's OK one. Commonly used. 

On 1/5/2021 at 5:08 PM, Ender said:

Don't think so, coz, in the past, I have tripped several times, and was able to recover my balance with quick reaction. Never had a single fall, till the last seven months with three falls. I still think  hands and legs just didn't react fast enough to counter the imbalance. Sign of aging. 

Yes. Probably so. 

Probably taichi or dancing. Dynamic movement with proprioception feedback. 

Been Doing pushup challenge with my close friends. 

2 of them recently started jogging again. So doing a strava challenge with them. 150km before end June. 5+km per week. 

Nike run club app sucks. Asked them to convert to strava. Finally used back my suunto watch which hasn't been used for a while. 

20210109_181330.jpg

• Praise 8

wah.., strava so popular ah?

i scared to use due to app privacy issues 

😬😅

Edited by Enye
  • Haha! 2

On 1/5/2021 at 1:47 PM, Ender said:

What kind of exercise are good for balance? Seems like of late I have been tripping and falling, very clumsy. Just had a minor fall yesterday, not serious. But if I was younger, I think  I would have managed to recover my balance from the trip over the rock. it just the outsole brushing over a rock, shouldn't be difficult to recover my balance, and yet I still fell. Seems like my hands, legs coordination is not as good as before.

Thinking of getting a bosu ball for balancing workout.

I think basic yoga and some  quick reflection drills may help... ^_^[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Been Doing pushup challenge with my close friends. 

2 of them recently started jogging again. So doing a strava challenge with them. 150km before end June. 5+km per week. 

Nike run club app sucks. Asked them to convert to strava. Finally used back my suunto watch which hasn't been used for a while. 

20210109_181330.jpg

Use a push up bar for your push up challenge. Less than $10.

I find there is less strain on the wrist as your wrists can now be straightened. Not the awkward bend without. 

Also allows you to easily go down another inch. Better impact for the same reps. Becomes quality over quantity. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
43 minutes ago, Enye said:

😬😅

I use stop watch, Google map distance measurement, pen and paper only. 😅

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

8 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

Use a push up bar for your push up challenge. Less than $10.

I find there is less strain on the wrist as your wrists can now be straightened. Not the awkward bend without. 

Also allows you to easily go down another inch. Better impact for the same reps. Becomes quality over quantity. 

Already have. But I do half at work. Err no point going down deeper lah. U just straining your shoulders. U should focus on the end and pushup higher. 

Edited by Lala81

54 minutes ago, Enye said:

😬😅

Lol then don't use Google lor. They tracking u  24-7.

6 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Lol then don't use Google lor. They tracking u  24-7.

doc... google i don’t mind 

this strava even at max privacy settings ... anyone who is on the app, even non followers, can also see some of your run stats, map and location

😅

20 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Did my first 4km run since my Aug surgery. Not bad. No pain no discomfort no tightness. Think can go back to my 5km distance soon once I improve my stamina. 

These few days always raining. Once see no rain, should quickly grab running shoes and go. Can't afford to wait for regular time slot anymore in case it rains again. 

Yes yes, have to quickly go run once see no rain, if not very difficult to go for run and outdoor exercise nowadays. I could not find a day to go for exercise due to unpredictable weather nowadays and stopped exercising for at least 2 weeks liao. 😓

38 minutes ago, Enye said:

doc... google i don’t mind 

this strava even at max privacy settings ... anyone who is on the app, even non followers, can also see some of your run stats, map and location

😅

For each and every of your activity, there are 3 privacy setting:

1. Everyone

2. Followers

3. Only you

• Praise 2

12 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Yes. Probably so. 

Probably taichi or dancing. Dynamic movement with proprioception feedback. 

10 hours ago, Tianmo said:

I think basic yoga and some  quick reflection drills may help... ^_^[laugh][laugh]

ya, some quick  movement for reflex i what I need. I thick going back MacRitchie trail for variety of terrain and it does train quick reflex on uneven ground. Of course I have to go slow and steady, else fall down there, getting help is a real challenge.😰

@Tianmo You like disappeared for sometime..

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

47 minutes ago, Ender said:

ya, some quick  movement for reflex i what I need. I thick going back MacRitchie trail for variety of terrain and it does train quick reflex on uneven ground. Of course I have to go slow and steady, else fall down there, getting help is a real challenge.😰

@Tianmo You like disappeared for sometime..

You can always call me,  or alert me when you going there,  and send me a text every hour.  If I don't get your text for more than 30 min,  I call for rescue... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yah,  been busy with renovation and son training,  so didn't post much.  Still got come in look see look see once a while.  ^_^[laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2