Exercising and losing weight

ODC

9 hours ago, Ender said:

The idea for joining those aerobic 'dancing' class like Zumba, Body Combat did cross my mind.. Did some research for 'free; classes , but don't have.

Interestingly, I also found there's a parkour course for elderly. Also must pay, so dropped the idea.

There used to be free Zumba type of classes held in the open court in front of Velocity every Wednesday evening before Covid. But now, very difficult to get free courses. I did see ppl gather at Toa Payoh Garden shelter area for some sought of aerobic class. Not sure have to pay or not. I was cycling pass only. You could stand a distance away and watch them and follow what they do. In the mornings.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

wah...yesterday quite happening midway through my run between 12-13km mark at pcn

met an old uncle maybe late 50s to early 60s up for a friendly sprint towards his end point

damn fast...i reckon his last 500m, the pace was 4min/km thereabouts

he won...i went on my way

😅

Edited by Enye
  • Praise 2

11 hours ago, mersaylee said:

If you say throw bra...many pioneer members might just show up...some very early...😁

I think you meant this right?

image.png.11b9295419d7e6ebfce71fa863632e78.png

Otherwise if I throw bra, mata sure come.....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

Despite the strong wind, i saw many people jogging just now.

Better air intake wat...reduce Cd for better aerodynamic airflow 😁

Internal Moderator
9 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I think you meant this right?

image.png.11b9295419d7e6ebfce71fa863632e78.png

Otherwise if I throw bra, mata sure come.....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Chief Tiko ranger is back!!! hahaha.

• Haha! 1

14 hours ago, Credor said:

His trick work lor. Like that, lure you out to “talk”.. He miss you lah🤪

sound like i hiding somewhere in the dark, tio pian come out ....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

wait, do I sound like  an animal now? :huh:[laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

14 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

aiya. i tot you still busy renovating your kids room mah. miss a old friend here. hahahaha

reno done a while already, just that busy with other stuffs. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

on a more serious note, what I mentioned about the cone throwing is a legit training. 

One of the coach in the national U18 team uses this to train reaction time with his team. He has everyone to back face the track, throw 5 flat cones up into the air and shout out the color. The boys turn upon hearing the color, spot the disc and fly out to grab it before it lands on the floor.  

But for old folks like us, it not only train reaction time, it test our hearing and vision also.....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3

21 hours ago, Ender said:

With my recent clumsiness (aging?), I think I have to train my agility. Quick feet seems easy to execute during a run.

Just found that I could do 'in out' using the kitchen tiles.

• Praise 1

52 minutes ago, Ender said:

Just found that I could do 'in out' using the kitchen tiles.

but barefoot wor...

or maybe do it at the void deck? as long as got tiles as divider can liao...

Or just take my agility ladder lah,  I have no use already, at least for the next few years....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

on a more serious note, what I mentioned about the cone throwing is a legit training. 

One of the coach in the national U18 team uses this to train reaction time with his team. He has everyone to back face the track, throw 5 flat cones up into the air and shout out the color. The boys turn upon hearing the color, spot the disc and fly out to grab it before it lands on the floor.  

But for old folks like us, it not only train reaction time, it test our hearing and vision also.....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Again...no bra no talk for old folks like some...but please don't throw ah mah colour hor...no one will response one 😁

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

but barefoot wor...

or maybe do it at the void deck? as long as got tiles as divider can liao...

Or just take my agility ladder lah,  I have no use already, at least for the next few years....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Really appreciate your offer, but your agility ladder will likely be white elephant in my storeroom. I am lazy to bring equipment outside to train. My long term solution is to go back to trail running once a week, coz I think this is most sustainable for me.

Internal Moderator
5 hours ago, Tianmo said:

reno done a while already, just that busy with other stuffs. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Woah. bo update! I dun play facebook one. This is my only source of "social media" leh. hahha

Today when I change dressing on my shoulder, the wound was significantly smaller than yesterday. Just two days ago, I felt that shoulder wound was slow to heal, as it was still exuding and bled abit for two weeks. Only thing is yesterday and today I slow jog 8km and 6km and did some agility drills.  Seems like keeping my body is motion helps in the healing of wounds. 

Just like my 2nd fall which I went to CGH, the  wound healed fast . My face and right arms was badly scraped, with lots of exuding.  However my legs were only scratched a little, hence i was able to resume running on the third day. By one week, doc say no need dressing for my face liao, can ready to start steroid injection on my scars on the next appointment.

I guess exercise does accelerate the wound healing. At least in my case.

• Praise 5

9 hours ago, Ender said:

Today when I change dressing on my shoulder, the wound was significantly smaller than yesterday. Just two days ago, I felt that shoulder wound was slow to heal, as it was still exuding and bled abit for two weeks. Only thing is yesterday and today I slow jog 8km and 6km and did some agility drills.  Seems like keeping my body is motion helps in the healing of wounds. 

Just like my 2nd fall which I went to CGH, the  wound healed fast . My face and right arms was badly scraped, with lots of exuding.  However my legs were only scratched a little, hence i was able to resume running on the third day. By one week, doc say no need dressing for my face liao, can ready to start steroid injection on my scars on the next appointment.

I guess exercise does accelerate the wound healing. At least in my case.

Agreed, exercise indeed good for the overall health and immune system. Even wound healing can be faster.

I have not been exercising for the past 3 weeks plus, recently always like feel sick esp due to the weather. I suspect due to no exercise, so my body seems to become weaker. 😓

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Agreed, exercise indeed good for the overall health and immune system. Even wound healing can be faster.

I have not been exercising for the past 3 weeks plus, recently always like feel sick esp due to the weather. I suspect due to no exercise, so my body seems to become weaker. 😓

When you exercise, the body's immune dips a little, it's during the recovery that you get back again. PM me, I tell you what to take. Stay off wheat products also. 

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

There're are studies that supported this

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/01/060106134716.htm

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1