Exercising and losing weight

ODC

I’m using LumiHealth too, haven’t reach $100 (just below $90 now), didn’t face the goal reset, yet. Will update again when I cross $100 😁

On 4/5/2021 at 10:49 AM, Sp4wn said:

any bros here using LumiHealth?

been using since Nov, accumulated abt $100 liao. The day i hit $100, I got a warning from the app my goals need to be shifted ... (i have not missed a day of exercise in 4-5 months)

original LH goals: 400 calories / day, stand 12 hours / 30min of exercise

I was working out 5x a week, my weight lifting sessions normally burn 250-300 calories in the morning. I let any other walking and movement fill up the rest of the day.

the app changed my goals to now burn 700 calories a day ... the rest remain the same. i guess they tired of paying out to me? at first i got an email saying the app wrongly attributed my exercise and im only entitled to 1/3 of the "earnings". they ask me to log out, relog back in with singpass and the app with sync with the servers ... and guess what .. after syncing ... still earned $100 lol .. either they cant believe there are people obsessed with exercising, or they made the goals too easy.

i did write in to complain though ... im 62kg, 169cm. i eat 2000 to 2100 calories a day .. i can see my upper 4 abs (bodyfat est between 13-14%)... now they want me to burn 700 calories a day on a 2k caloric diet seems a bit extreme ... so needless to say, i flunked last week cos i couldnt clear ... just wondering if anyone had the same issue ...

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

the media is perpetuating the wrong message to the public.

it should be "losing fat", not losing weight. Though I agree that for fat people, losing weight will likely consist more of losing fat, there is a proportion of the weight loss due to muscle loss. And this losing weight thing gets ingrained into everyone's mind when it should not be the case. 

1 girl 60kg said to another "I want to lose 5kg" and in the end, lost 3kg of fat and 2kg of muscle. In the end, the wrong objective is achieved.

I tell my colleagues buy a fat analysis weighing scale, not just a normal weighing scale.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

saw this article in mothership while reading about taxi uncle.

https://mothership.sg/2020/09/korean-mukbang-youtuber-diet-44kg/

This girl is pretty amazing. Dropped from 70kg of body fat to 24kg in 1.5 years although her skeletal muscle mass pretty much stayed constant around 34-35kg. she also managed to drop her visceral fat from 20 units to 10 units (high end of normal range) - right side of the picture, lower end. her body composition score at 87 points (top right hand corner of the picture) also doubled.

this is a body analysis printout by an inbody fat analysis weighing scale. my health screening clinic uses the same brand but prob different model.

Edited by Kxbc
  • Praise 4

On 4/5/2021 at 10:49 AM, Sp4wn said:

any bros here using LumiHealth?

been using since Nov, accumulated abt $100 liao. The day i hit $100, I got a warning from the app my goals need to be shifted ... (i have not missed a day of exercise in 4-5 months)

original LH goals: 400 calories / day, stand 12 hours / 30min of exercise

I was working out 5x a week, my weight lifting sessions normally burn 250-300 calories in the morning. I let any other walking and movement fill up the rest of the day.

the app changed my goals to now burn 700 calories a day ... the rest remain the same. i guess they tired of paying out to me? at first i got an email saying the app wrongly attributed my exercise and im only entitled to 1/3 of the "earnings". they ask me to log out, relog back in with singpass and the app with sync with the servers ... and guess what .. after syncing ... still earned $100 lol .. either they cant believe there are people obsessed with exercising, or they made the goals too easy.

i did write in to complain though ... im 62kg, 169cm. i eat 2000 to 2100 calories a day .. i can see my upper 4 abs (bodyfat est between 13-14%)... now they want me to burn 700 calories a day on a 2k caloric diet seems a bit extreme ... so needless to say, i flunked last week cos i couldnt clear ... just wondering if anyone had the same issue ...

Just crossed $90. Though I closed all 3 rings yesterday on the watch, it didn’t register as they said I need to sync my updated lumihealth calorie goal to watch. 

my watch goals are 400 calories, 30 mins exercise; 12 hours stand. New lumihealth calorie goal is 570. 

On 4/8/2021 at 11:17 AM, Fcw75 said:

Potest qui vult = Where there’s a will there’s a way

had to google this. U are from saint pats?

35 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

had to google this. U are from saint pats?

Hahaha yes. The notorious school.

The lousy brother of SJI.

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Staff69 said:

Daily routine 

20210410_110730.thumb.jpg.f56cfc2c7e1f3845da0a626f698a0823.jpg

I thought kalenji their running or sleeveless tops are quite loose fitting one?

I remember i couldnt find anything appropriate when i went decathlon.

8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I thought kalenji their running or sleeveless tops are quite loose fitting one?

I remember i couldnt find anything appropriate when i went decathlon.

Bought L, either getting fatter or bigger

Breakfast 😅😅

20210410_112428.thumb.jpg.ecdd0d1a3a87b4a08cfd90b5cf9fbd1d.jpg

20210410_112149.thumb.jpg.61298ea388f02179cadde1af1d6a1d2e.jpg

Edited by Staff69
↡ Advertisement