Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Turbocharged
18 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

I injured my knee after my running where i did plyometric jumping exercises around sit up bench. One of the jump i landed a bit awkward. Bummer!

MRI scan shows knee meniscus tear, chondromalacia ( i googled it known as runner knee) and healed ACL (my old injury). visit orthopaedic doctor recommend physio first and probably surgery if condition not improve.

agree with @inlinesix, do physio first before considering surgery. For me at least, no more pain after surgery but knees don't feel like original factory fitted anymore.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Balding could be genetic related.

yes, that is my understanding. bald/not bald is more related to hormonal changes rather than what we do/eat.

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Kxbc said:

have. also saw balding/bald people who exercises regularly.

hahaha.... maybe I concentrate too much on chio bu.. missed out the bald guys in my area..

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
(edited)
2 hours ago, Giordanogavin said:

I injured my knee after my running where i did plyometric jumping exercises around sit up bench. One of the jump i landed a bit awkward. Bummer!

MRI scan shows knee meniscus tear, chondromalacia ( i googled it known as runner knee) and healed ACL (my old injury). visit orthopaedic doctor recommend physio first and probably surgery if condition not improve.

Agree with the rest, even the video you posted, the doc also say surgery is not necessary for most cases. Quite interesting, and agree with what I read from the net, running don't really contribute much to the degraded knees from studies. Both runners and non-runners have it. And good thing runners have less osteoarthritis , cos impact exercises are good for the bone density.

Edit PS: You wanna try minimalist running? Two anecdote examples, both I know personally, are my colleague and a barefoot runner in Seng Kang.  Both love running since the army or school days, and ran till adulthood. One day my colleague stopped running, coz he said his knee spoilt liao, cannot run. That was before I began running. After I started running for health, and intro him mininalist running, he began running in the stadium barefoot.  Since then to now, almost 10 years and he is still running and a better runner.

The seng kang barefoot runner shared his story, similarly, stopped running a few years back due to knee problem. Now he even qualified for Boston marathon and ran it before the pandemic happened.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

was reading about Vit D3 as a good defensive supplement against Covid but building immunity.

Then the Vit K2 MK7 got highlighted as well. Based on a very typical SEA Chinese diet, we prob don't get sufficient K2 MK7. But if you are a natto fanatic, then you have no need to read further.

You can go read about it.

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Loki said:

Thank goodness I bought a set of bowflex dumbells.   That, plus a TRX, exercise bands, chin up bar in my condo exercise corner should be enough for me 

Bowflex not cheap. Hopefully they don't close off private and public fitness corners like in CB period.

Supersonic
3 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Balding could be genetic related.

Balding same like white hairs, could be genetic related.

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Ender said:

hahaha.... maybe I concentrate too much on chio bu.. missed out the bald guys in my area..

sengkang lots of chiobu runners? wah, maybe I should change my running location. my place only men and old folks strolling.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

sengkang lots of chiobu runners? wah, maybe I should change my running location. my place only men and old folks strolling.

You must be staying in old mature estate la, thats why only men and old folks? Lol. Want to see chiobu and youngsters, whole sg think only SK and punggol have many many?!

Edited by 13177

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

You must be staying in old mature estate la, thats why only men and old folks? Lol. Want to see chiobu and youngsters, whole sg think only SK and punggol have many many?!

you are so zoon. I am really staying in an old mature estate. The strollers/runners here generally above 60 years old. A few younger people here and there but no chio bu. 😥

But move to SK or punggol for chiobu runners, I'd rather not. Quite like my old mature estate so far. In a few more years, I might be one of those lao kok kok strolling on the PCN.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Ender said:

Now you know why I run almost everyday.

ever see a 165kg old balding man?

😬😅

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Ender said:

Now you know why I run almost everyday.

now I also know why you had been doing niko niko run for the last 12 mths. 😁

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Scion said:

this have to credit to govt for setting up of these nice and affordable gyms around the neighbourhoods

all looks good except for the ones with blue lights. Old eyes cannot get used to working out in blue lighting. Look into mirror and will see an Avatar blue creature or a Smurf staring back at me.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Enye said:

ever see a 165kg old balding man?

😬😅

prob can't see lah. the 165kg balding man ran too fast. Just like feeling the wind blowing across me. 🤣

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
15 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

prob can't see lah. the 165kg balding man ran too fast. Just like feeling the wind blowing across me. 🤣

chio bu then is like the wind lah

patrick swayze say one...rip patrick 🙏

🤣

• Haha! 1