Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, Ender said:

Like that, average 54 heart attacks / strokes a day.. Today, 50 people had an heart attack, wow,,

1 stroke / heart attack case admitted to the hospital every 30 minutes. 

Then there are those mini stroke cases which are not detected. 

There are around 2.2m people in Singapore above 40 years old now. 20k or 1%  of them are likely to have a stroke or heart attack in any given year. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I have all the reasons to pick up jogging again...but I have one excuse not to...no running shoes 😁

Then came 5-5 sale...on the way liao...hope I won't regret for pressing that confirm button...😅

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
22 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I have all the reasons to pick up jogging again...but I have one excuse not to...no running shoes 😁

Then came 5-5 sale...on the way liao...hope I won't regret for pressing that confirm button...😅

got running shoes liao, mai give excuse no good car to drive 2000km hor

🤣

18 minutes ago, Enye said:

got running shoes liao, mai give excuse no good car to drive 2000km hor

🤣

I run inside mrt counted right😁

Hypersonic

Low intensity activities are allowed where everyone wears a mask all the time.  Don't know what are those activities, but rock climbing gym will be allowed to open.

Indoor sports facilities such as badminton halls, basketball courts and climbing gyms will continue to remain open because the SportSG directive applies only to “enclosed, confined indoor spaces where participants are likely to be engaging in strenuous activities unmasked”.

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/coronavirus-sports-hub-closes-gym-fitness-studio-water-playground-as-it-tightens-safety

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Ender said:

Low intensity activities are allowed where everyone wears a mask all the time.  Don't know what are those activities, but rock climbing gym will be allowed to open.

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/coronavirus-sports-hub-closes-gym-fitness-studio-water-playground-as-it-tightens-safety

Climbing needs to wear mask now as required by gym. Tightened measure.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
8 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Climbing needs to wear mask now as required by gym. Tightened measure.

My son will be going to the one at kent ridge later. Will remind him to mask on all the time. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 5/6/2021 at 12:05 PM, Ender said:

Nowadays, new estate has good amenities liao. And for exercise opportunities, which this thread is all about, new estate are better equip and every block within 500m sure have one fitness corner.  The one thing new estate lose out is good hawker food. I need to travel to Hougang area for better hawker food, which isn't far btw.

and expensive too

eg one plate of wanton mee in AMK is $3 

in SK is $4 at least

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 5/7/2021 at 8:32 AM, Ender said:

Just ran past the fitness corner of Seng Kang Sports Centre. They closed it liao.

Just ran pass SK sport Centre again.  Fitness corner open liao, only closed for one day.

Turbocharged

You are referring to those outdoor fitness corners with pull up bars and such? I thought these are not on the list for closure. 

Someone there gei kiang. 

Turbocharged
On 5/7/2021 at 10:08 AM, mersaylee said:

So have you given your new shoes its maiden run? 

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

So have you given your new shoes its maiden run? 

Yet to arrive...but it's perfectly ok with me 😅

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
10 hours ago, Kxbc said:

You are referring to those outdoor fitness corners with pull up bars and such? I thought these are not on the list for closure. 

Someone there gei kiang. 

Ya, those outdoor ones. They were cordon off for the morning when I passed by. Don't know why.

Turbocharged
On 5/9/2021 at 8:32 PM, Ender said:

Ya, those outdoor ones. They were cordon off for the morning when I passed by. Don't know why.

just ran past my pcn outdoor exercise corner last evening. it is not cordoned off.

the officers at your side trying to up his performance level and gei kiang.