Exercising and losing weight

ODC

I started with intermittent fasting, but i only endured for one month hahaha. It was kinda difficult especially when you have kids around. Any suggestion on what is a good and healthier way to reduce calories? 

↡ Advertisement

2 minutes ago, racerbum said:

I started with intermittent fasting, but i only endured for one month hahaha. It was kinda difficult especially when you have kids around. Any suggestion on what is a good and healthier way to reduce calories? 

Get your spouse to join you🤣

Skip 1 meal or replace it with protein shake.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Actually gym owners, especially those small boutique gyms, yoga, pilates, barre places are hit hard, especially with these fluid changes. Not sure if the right stakeholders are consulted during decision making or some bodies with more influence being able to sway decisions. 

Turbocharged

https://theindependent.sg/man-warns-others-of-bed-bugs-in-shopping-mall-massage-chair/

Not saying he is lying but does that look like bed bug bites to you? Googled bed bug bites and it shows up images of small red dots on the body.

It seems like a case of hives to me because I kanna once before many years ago. Prob ate something weird the night before and the next day I was at the gym (that's why I posted here 😁), within 10 min of workout, the hives spread all over my body as my blood circulated quickly due to the exercise exertion. And my hives looked exactly like what is shone in the link. Raised bumps, flat and damn itchy. Resolved only with an urgent trip to the doctor.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Looks like hives. Allergy reaction. Maybe the massage chair not clean. My son has it during the haze period.  But it resolves by itself in a day or two.

Edited by Ender

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Kxbc said:

https://theindependent.sg/man-warns-others-of-bed-bugs-in-shopping-mall-massage-chair/

Not saying he is lying but does that look like bed bug bites to you? Googled bed bug bites and it shows up images of small red dots on the body.

It seems like a case of hives to me because I kanna once before many years ago. Prob ate something weird the night before and the next day I was at the gym (that's why I posted here 😁), within 10 min of workout, the hives spread all over my body as my blood circulated quickly due to the exercise exertion. And my hives looked exactly like what is shone in the link. Raised bumps, flat and damn itchy. Resolved only with an urgent trip to the doctor.

those don't look like typical bed bug bites. I kena before. A single bed bug will bite in a straight line or small cluster. I kena the straight line version so it was easy to identify

Turbocharged

really seems like an allergy reaction to something on the chair based on your similar experiences. the allergen can be as simple as leftover saliva on the chair. 

I am actually allergic to one of my cats' saliva. Almost every time after I carry him, I will have some kind of rash on my skin which will clear in an hour or if I wash with soap. It is because my bare skin is in contact with his fur which is coated with his saliva since he grooms very often.

but those small bites on that person's hand (in the link), I think those are some insect bites which are residing in the chair, but not bed bugs. then somehow, those bites triggered an allergic reaction, causing hives to break out as blood flows.

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Ender said:

Meta analysis shows improvement of 2%-3%.

That's why all pre workouts contain caffeine. And creatine also. 

Turbocharged
On 5/21/2021 at 6:21 AM, TangoCharlie said:

New addition due to gym closure. For kid....hang board.

PXL_20210520_215854605.jpg

I have the same pull up bar installed too. 😁 But I always very careful when I use it as I didn't drill it into the door frame. Scared it will collapse half way into my pull. 

What's a hang board? 

7 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

I have the same pull up bar installed too. 😁 But I always very careful when I use it as I didn't drill it into the door frame. Scared it will collapse half way into my pull. 

What's a hang board? 

Yeah, I always check and tightened before pulling myself up.

The hang board uses only fingers to support yourself...trains your fingers' strength for bouldering/rock climbing.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, TangoCharlie said:

Yeah, I always check and tightened before pulling myself up.

The hang board uses only fingers to support yourself...trains your fingers' strength for bouldering/rock climbing.

How much is the board? Where to get? Maybe get for my son if it is not too ex.

(edited)
9 hours ago, Ender said:

How much is the board? Where to get? Maybe get for my son if it is not too ex.

70 from BFF climb gym, sime centre. My son checked around, said this one cheapest.

Edited by TangoCharlie
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

What the...

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/deaths-china-cross-country-race-extreme-weather-14868500

Asia

At least 20 die in extreme weather in China cross-country race

23 May 2021 09:27AM(Updated: 23 May 2021 09:30AM)

BEIJING: At least 20 people running a mountain marathon cross-country race have died in northwestern China after hail, freezing rain and gale winds hit the high-altitude track, rescuers said on Sunday (May 23).

The rescue headquarters quoted by the official Xinhua News Agency said participants suffered from physical discomfort and the sudden drop in temperature.

Advertisement

Some went missing in the extreme weather around 1pm on Saturday, when the 100km race in the Yellow River Stone Forest tourist site in Baiyin city in Gansu province was halted.

Early on Sunday, 20 people were found dead and one was missing, state broadcaster CCTV reported. More than 700 rescuers were taking part in the operation, made difficult by low nighttime temperatures and the area’s complex terrain and topography.

A total of 172 people joined the race and 151 are confirmed to be safe. Some were treated for minor injuries and were stable, Xinhua said.

Source: AP/ac

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 3