Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Ender said:

Must reward yourself after a hard workout. Last time before covid, punggol safra McDonald's had been one of my regular end point. I don't exercise with the goal to lose weight. As long i feel work hard enough, and more important regularly, can give myself the reward.

I am sort of opposite. I don't "reward" myself after a hard workout. Not much food cravings. I just exercise and then go back to my normal meals. I will occasionally eat some of my fav food in large amounts in 1 sitting. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

Gyms are another unfortunately casualty of this covid thing. I dare say that right from CB onwards through ups and downs, gyms have never been implicated in any cluster - aside from some scares. Despite mask off. Since distancing, gaps between pre-booked sessions, sanitization of equipment, and registration/tracing of participants are already all in place, why the need to close??

In future they should renovate gyms to allow it to be converted to open-air ventilated facilities whenever required, such as these times, then the activities can continue with a greater level of safety.

Maybe can pivot to FnB.

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
27 minutes ago, bsswan said:

So yours is muscle 😏

Mine not. I did look and was "fat" so today do have a bit of a centre but, yeah, this is where BMI is a false metric.

You look at yourself in the mirror. As long as you like what you see, hosay liao.

Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

I am sort of opposite. I don't "reward" myself after a hard workout. Not much food cravings. I just exercise and then go back to my normal meals. I will occasionally eat some of my fav food in large amounts in 1 sitting. 

Last time when dine in was allow, i have all these MAF pace dinner or breakfast runs to nearby hawker centre just to have a meal. Of course, hawker centre stall must have some online recommendation before i go. Hahaha.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
48 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

In the previous P2HA, I saw weight training outside Parliament House along Singapore River.

I think some ang mo country beaches have outdoor gyms. Maybe some enterprising people might do this at East Coast beach!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

Gyms are another unfortunately casualty of this covid thing. I dare say that right from CB onwards through ups and downs, gyms have never been implicated in any cluster - aside from some scares. Despite mask off. Since distancing, gaps between pre-booked sessions, sanitization of equipment, and registration/tracing of participants are already all in place, why the need to close??

In future they should renovate gyms to allow it to be converted to open-air ventilated facilities whenever required, such as these times, then the activities can continue with a greater level of safety.

maybe ktv goers don't exercise in gyms. 😁 after late nights in KTVs and prob plied with liquor, surely no energy and insufficient sleep to exercise in gyms.

So gyms are therefore safe. 😁

• Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

I think some ang mo country beaches have outdoor gyms. Maybe some enterprising people might do this at East Coast beach!

Doing weights without aircon is damn sian for me. Bench, bar etc all wet or sticky. Everything damn gross. 

• Haha! 3

18 minutes ago, Ender said:

Last time when dine in was allow, i have all these MAF pace dinner or breakfast runs to nearby hawker centre just to have a meal. Of course, hawker centre stall must have some online recommendation before i go. Hahaha.

You eat is just fuel for u to run more lol. 

• Haha! 1

Hi guys

A bit gutted that gym has to be closed yet again but learning to take it as it comes. I have been doing consistent training with weights and cardio since mid May. Weight has dropped from 64kg to 61kg currently. More muscle definition though still cannot compare to the hotbods in ST. At least there is progress...haha...A bit thick skin here but occasionally see fellow female joggers take a quick glance at me/in my direction. Or maybe I am over sensitive here. I have a couple of weights are home at 7.5kg each. Think I can improvise and do some workouts. If not all my efforts gone down the drain. Oh yeah did I mention that I am more careful with diet though I still have my occasional durians,ckt,prata,etc. Cheers and stay safe bros!!

• Praise 6

Hypersonic

After resting5 days for my posterior shin splint, able to do a slow run. Passed by SK stadium and saw the fitness corner wrapped up liao. sibei on.

• Praise 4

9 hours ago, Ender said:

After resting5 days for my posterior shin splint, able to do a slow run. Passed by SK stadium and saw the fitness corner wrapped up liao. sibei on.

With gym close, out door fitness corner close, basketball close, indoor sport close people have now where to go except visit KTV 🤪

• Haha! 3

8 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

With gym close, out door fitness corner close, basketball close, indoor sport close people have now where to go except visit KTV 🤪

I am going to stretching yoga during lunch.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Blueray said:

Why you need to stretch after running or even brisk walking to avoid injuries

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/wellness/stretch-after-brisk-walking-running-joint-muscle-15158556

I only stretch from hip down - hip flexors, glutes, quads, hamstrings and calves. Takes away the soreness the next day, esp if it is a harder than normal run.

But I never stretch my upper body like she did since my upper body never do much in a run. Maybe I should start.

Edited by Kxbc

Turbocharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Giordanogavin said:

Not all outdoor fitness corners closed. My side still open this round and the last P2HA. It was only closed during last year's CB.

@Ender 's SK side is a bit siao on. Not representative of the whole country.

Edited by Kxbc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1