Exercising and losing weight

ODC

1 minute ago, Arogab said:

I not sure leh, all these time. I always get that track timing is longer. As well as I was always told track becomes boring and mentally straining but road is less mentally stressed

Maybe if do 21km and above, the mental chellenge sets in. But in term of physical, track is less punishing to the body.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Ender said:

Maybe if do 21km and above, the mental chellenge sets in. But in term of physical, track is less punishing to the body.

Probably you are more right than anyone of us. Cos @Tianmo mentioned road sometimes got distances differences and also I mentioned those slopes. Competiiton may be right

Turbocharged
7 minutes ago, Ender said:

21km run anywhere also mental (and huge physical) challenge to me. 🤣

• Haha! 2

12 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

my last track run was in khatib camp in my early 30s. I can't even remember how it feels anymore.

Do you still have knee pain? Going to the tracks might be easier on the injury. At least this is what I did for my shin splint twice.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Ender said:

Do you still have knee pain? Going to the tracks might be easier on the injury. At least this is what I did for my shin splint twice.

even before my surgery, my knees do not hurt during runs. It was climbing stairs which was the killer.

after surgery, all is good. I am even running consistently longer distances since surgery.

but no track near my house. kind of pointless to drive and park to run at a track, the nearest being 3km away. If I run there and run back, already my normal distance already.

• Haha! 1

Very simple - the Chief of Army can incentivise this by granting 14 days off to soldiers who can beat 7. The $700 is not worth the trouble at all. Then I'm sure a lot of them will sign up and do it.

3 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Very simple - the Chief of Army can incentivise this by granting 14 days off to soldiers who can beat 7. The $700 is not worth the trouble at all. Then I'm sure a lot of them will sign up and do it.

If i can achieve this, $700 is worth that 7min trouble. But I only 13 min nia. 

• Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, Ender said:

Well, we will know if $700 is worth the trouble soon enough. If those SOF guys join that challenge, I will happily pay to watch. I'm also sure there are lungless people out there who run for passion. It will be fun proving whether there is only 1 man in Singapore who can do under 7. I'm just not convinced people will turn up for $700 to put in their best for a 2.4.

Re 13 min, it really depends on your age in my view - if you are above 50, doing a desk bound job and can do 13 min, that's brilliant. 

Edited by Weez911

1 hour ago, Ender said:

You can’t be 13mins.

I did 13:23 last year with average power of 242w.

For SRY sub-7 mins, he must be holding at btw 450w and 500w.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Tianmo said:He must be quite tulan with all those comments from commandos.  His IG called out to the commandos.... 

After law suits with his own sports association,  now he wants to take on not only the commandos, he even named the Army/SDU/Guards...... 

With 500,000 active NSF,  30,000 regulars,  he may want to reconsider his challenge.  Will the army stay away from his challenge? Did he forget who is the head of SNOC, and what appointment Tan held before he entered office? 

To me,  not a wise move...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

With $20/entry, it is a lot of money to collect.

It is definitely not a smart move

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

You can’t be 13mins.

I did 13:23 last year with average power of 242w.

For SRY sub-7 mins, he must be holding at btw 450w and 500w.

During NS, my best IPPT timing was sub 13 mins.. So agar agar 13mins..😅

Just now, Ender said:

During NS, my best IPPT timing was sub 13 mins.. So agar agar 13mins..😅

Based on your current form, you definitely can clock sub 10mins

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Lala81 said:

hmm no lah. those people who work out regularly for leisure are all pretty spry and fit even into their 70s.

There are some people who have lot of working endurance/strength when they do some form of manual or outdoor work. Like hawkers/deliverymen/contractors type.
These type are usually quite broken by the time they are 60s. Cos of arthritis etc.

So it's always a balance. 

If you see on youtube all those videos of senior age and elderly folks in PRC doing exercises in the public parks, it's amazing what can still be achieved at that age with regular practice.

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

With $20/entry, it is a lot of money to collect.

It is definitely not a smart move

its everywhere in the news now, waiting for the army to response liao.....

I wonder how the chief of commando will reply, or he cannot even be bother to response... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

And when the dust settle, the biggest winner is Pocari Sweat.....[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 3

14 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

its everywhere in the news now, waiting for the army to response liao.....

I wonder how the chief of commando will reply, or he cannot even be bother to response... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

And when the dust settle, the biggest winner is Pocari Sweat.....[:p][laugh][laugh]

Better buy pop corn to watch how it will develop.

• Haha! 1

Y everybody so strawberry nowadays. This is what Singaporeans need to do in the new world. 

I think it's a interesting challenge. 

Your time, someone can do it doesn't mean now someone can do it

• Haha! 2

8 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Not all fast runners go to OCS,  and not all fast cadets will want to join OCS running team. Your friend happen to want to be in the team,  and he happen to run 8+ min,  that's all about it.  There are many fast runners who are not interested in running at all... 

What makes you think that anyone running sub 7 should be and have to be on the army running team? 

You don't know,  you dont see does not equal to don't have,  otherwise everyone will be listening to you only...  LOL.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Err illogical. 

Generally all the best PT in bmt will go either OCS or at least sispec. Ippt performance is a major criteria for all military performance. 

If u been in bmt, anyone who's best PT definitely is front running to go OCS. 

Basically anyone who's anyone in local athletics who dunno? The track events in Sg are how big? Entire c division, b, a division no one knows who's the best runners? Even before days of videos etc, everyone in the T&F also know who are the Kings. 

Some mono intake or commandos they have longer time to train their endurance. So u want to say that these have more sub 9 min runners than bmt/sispec/OCS platoons, yeah sure. They have more sub 8 runners, maybe. The people who can run sub 7 must be rare. Maybe at most a few per entire generation? And certainly at elite level or at least nationally recognised as talent. 

And soh ry been racing for 10 years with all the best distance runners in Sg. He dunno who's that calibre in such a tiny island like sg ? Likely? 

Don't count the gurkhas cos they are self selected doing 5km fullpack runs at altitude just to qualify. And even then can they do it after many years at sea level also dubious. 

Cos we not talking about someone who's maybe top few percent of recreational or SAF runners in Sg. We are talking about finding people who are top percentile of T&F athletes in Sg. 

↡ Advertisement