Exercising and losing weight

ODC

9 hours ago, 13177 said:

I try all sort of methods but result still the same, still cannot like many people who can knock out with 5 mins! If i can fall asleep within 30 mins, it is a miracle, and if i manage to fall asleep within 1 hour, it is a bonus. Lol. I believe my HR is quite low at night since i use oximeter to take my HR lo. So guess not much on my HR.

I am very lucky.  If I take more then 3-4 mins to fall asleep, I consider that insomnia.  My wife says I fall asleep when my head hits the pillow.  

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Loki said:

I am very lucky.  If I take more then 3-4 mins to fall asleep, I consider that insomnia.  My wife says I fall asleep when my head hits the pillow.  

I heard some people really can fall asleep once their head hits the pillow, no matter how old they are, really so envy them lo. Actually like i said before, when i was younger, i also can fall asleep quite fast once my body touches the bed and my head hits the pillow. So last time i really look forward to go to bed, cause i can sleep fast and well. Now when i see my bed, i sian half. Lol.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Thanks bros for the recommendation of Asics running shoes. They really made a difference for me. Previously I was on Bata Power running shoes. I thought to myself cheap and good. Didn't want to spend so much on running shoes. But few days ago decided to invest in a new pair of Asics Kayano 27. Lightweight,fits so well around my foot. I had some  pain near the right rear heel lately. Hopefully this can help. The cushion is tremendous. It helps to shave off few seconds even from my 2.4km run. Once again...kumsa hamida!!

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, CarNutz said:

Thanks bros for the recommendation of Asics running shoes. They really made a difference for me. Previously I was on Bata Power running shoes. I thought to myself cheap and good. Didn't want to spend so much on running shoes. But few days ago decided to invest in a new pair of Asics Kayano 27. Lightweight,fits so well around my foot. I had some  pain near the right rear heel lately. Hopefully this can help. The cushion is tremendous. It helps to shave off few seconds even from my 2.4km run. Once again...kumsa hamida!!

Kayano 27 is really chunky.

Should look at DS Trainer.

p.s.I gave up Kayano 15 years ago when it gave my kneecap problem.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

Just now, CarNutz said:

@inlinesix Oh...so I got the wrong shoe but it is a big improvement and I think that's still an important consideration. 

I am a heavy person (BMI: 27).

I wear lightweight shoe to run.

Like DS Trainer, Adizero Boston and Saucony Kinvara.

My only problem is these shoes last me up 400km.

32 minutes ago, CarNutz said:

@inlinesix Oh...so I got the wrong shoe but it is a big improvement and I think that's still an important consideration. 

ownself feel comfortable can already lah… after chalking up mileage, all shoes atas or non atas cheap or expensive, cushioning will lao hong become flattened, outer bottom soles worn down unevenly and become unstable while running, heavy shoes become lighter as they wear down

😬😅

Edited by Enye
  • Praise 1

9 hours ago, Enye said:

ownself feel comfortable can already lah… after chalking up mileage, all shoes atas or non atas cheap or expensive, cushioning will lao hong become flattened, outer bottom soles worn down unevenly and become unstable while running, heavy shoes become lighter as they wear down

😬😅

In general, running shoe has 600km life.

Lao Hong = Throw the shoe.

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

In general, running shoe has 600km life.

Lao Hong = Throw the shoe.

I one pair of shoe can wear about 5 years

Spoiler

I never run one :XD:

just walk walk only 🤪

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Mustank said:

I one pair of shoe can wear about 5 years

Hide contents

I never run one :XD:

just walk walk only 🤪

Buy Decathlon shoe.

Cheap and good

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Buy Decathlon shoe.

Cheap and good

End up I buy taobao ultra boost rejects

verybgood to wear. My friend say confirm something wrong because way softer than real one 

I like it very much because very very soft 

8 minutes ago, Mustank said:

verybgood to wear. My friend say confirm something wrong because way softer than real one 

https://www.decathlon.sg/p/men-s-urban-walking-shoes-pw-100-grey-newfeel-8486177.html
$15

Very soft = no sarpork.

Might as well wear slippers to walk.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Who doesn’t like soft soft bouncy ones? 😁

• Haha! 6

21 hours ago, Ender said:

Delayed Sleep phase disorder? Sounds like me, maybe I need Melotonin.

Sl

melatonin is for older folks. 

Some neuroscientists (eg Andrew Huberman) have concerns about melatonin, as the doses are highly variable in each brand and not really regulated, and they can be many times normal levels in the body.

• Praise 1

Just now, Fcw75 said:

Who doesn’t like soft soft bouncy ones? 😁

My friend lor

My friend say running that time soft and bouncy very hard to run. Need firm need cushion

heng I no run one :grin:

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

I heard some people really can fall asleep once their head hits the pillow, no matter how old they are, really so envy them lo. Actually like i said before, when i was younger, i also can fall asleep quite fast once my body touches the bed and my head hits the pillow. So last time i really look forward to go to bed, cause i can sleep fast and well. Now when i see my bed, i sian half. Lol.

it's ok. I don't sleep easily as well even though i know all the ways to optimise. 

though my problem is mild.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1