Exercising and losing weight

ODC

4 hours ago, Arogab said:

Bro, I not joking yah, this is me, not considered fat. But my tummy tend to get bloated easily if I eat slightly more and then you notice the belly. I have to keep eating low, ensure my tummy don't get any tight. And there it is the belly fat cannot clear. Of cos highly due to those drinking and also I sleep little maybe. Or I need to run 5 days a week lor

131473720180417101.jpg

Big size leh,  Better not offend you outside..😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

3 hours ago, Roborovskii said:

@Arogab You have a good wide frame to build on. Work on chest and shoulders and the proportion will look good. Don't worry so much about tummy.

I got a big rib cage lor, thus my tummy at the top is bigger to fill the slope. Cannot work more on chest liao lah. 50 liao. Just feel like a bit slimmer with less belly fat to feel lighter can liao. 2014 was my best, weight at 77-78kg with 174cm height. Now I trying to make myself reduce another 3kg but it is so difficult

4 minutes ago, Ender said:

Haha, But lao liao, cannot fight one, only scare people

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

I got a big rib cage lor, thus my tummy at the top is bigger to fill the slope. Cannot work more on chest liao lah. 50 liao. Just feel like a bit slimmer with less belly fat to feel lighter can liao. 2014 was my best, weight at 77-78kg with 174cm height. Now I trying to make myself reduce another 3kg but it is so difficult

Well actually as we age, it is even more important to build or at least maintain muscle as we tend to lose it over the years. Some people as they get older are very happy to see that they are "losing weight" but don't realize it is also muscle mass they are losing. Functionally of course more important parts are the legs, hips and back, but building the chesticles at the same time wouldn't hurt either 😝 anyways when you wear clothes nobody gonna see your abs as long as belly doesn't stick out, so for visuals just aim for chest and shoulders 😄

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Giordanogavin said:

For me is the other way round. my BMI is on the low side ~18.9. 

I am one of the jiak liao bee.

It is genetic? Some people are born to be jiak liao bee de. Lol.

• Haha! 2

Just now, 13177 said:

It is genetic? Some people are born to be jiak liao bee de. Lol.

I think so. Because even i do not exercises for a few weeks i won't able to gain weight. Maybe my baseline metabolic rate is high. 

• Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Roborovskii said:

Well actually as we age, it is even more important to build or at least maintain muscle as we tend to lose it over the years. Some people as they get older are very happy to see that they are "losing weight" but don't realize it is also muscle mass they are losing. Functionally of course more important parts are the legs, hips and back, but building the chesticles at the same time wouldn't hurt either 😝 anyways when you wear clothes nobody gonna see your abs as long as belly doesn't stick out, so for visuals just aim for chest and shoulders 😄

Agree, I am just keeping some muscle mass cos I know I am into the 50s. Cannot go back to the young days when you just pick up and run liao. Imagine going on the threadmill and see your speed going slower and slower by the years. Happy will do. 

We always joke about it in China, 锻炼是为了喝更多的酒。This has always been the principle. I got my boss into cycling after his one major operation that he says nearly cost his life. Now he cycle regularly and got 3 bikes and he claims it makes him feel younger. Haha, of cos we drink after cycle.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

16 hours ago, Giordanogavin said:

I think so. Because even i do not exercises for a few weeks i won't able to gain weight. Maybe my baseline metabolic rate is high. 

Bro, eat healthily and just do your work out is fine. I wish I can eat and not fat. But never the case

22 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Wow, discipline have taken him in this level. Pei fu

• Praise 2

17 hours ago, Giordanogavin said:

As long you are healthy should be ok, although too thin also not good but some people just cannot put on weight no matter what they do.

• Praise 1

Hi guys,

After 6 months of relatively hard work in cardio and weights, finally saw some visible definition of upper abs. But lower abdominal still has some fat and not totally flat but I am ok with it. Not sure if accurate but my weighing machine recorded 17%bf. As some of u mentioned,15% is the gold standard. I have my occasional unhealthy indulgence of food so I guess I need to strike a delicate balance. I really think that those who have very visible 6 pack abs deserve a huge pat on the back cos I honestly feel I cannot reach this level. But I think other than physical fitness,it is important to be medically fit too. Everyday to feel good and healthy is a bonus :)

23 hours ago, Ender said:

boss...if you offend him outside, make him chase you 20km first then stop and fight 

most likely can win

😅

• Haha! 4

@CarNutz I'm also at about 17%. Also same upper but no lower abs. I'd say anywhere between 12%-18% is considered good enough especially if you're no longer in your prime (20s & 30s). 12% and below then you will actually see lower abs clearly. But personally I find it not sustainable comfortably if you're not full-time fitness siao.

14 hours ago, Arogab said:

Agree, I am just keeping some muscle mass cos I know I am into the 50s. Cannot go back to the young days when you just pick up and run liao. Imagine going on the threadmill and see your speed going slower and slower by the years. Happy will do. 

We always joke about it in China, 锻炼是为了喝更多的酒。This has always been the principle. I got my boss into cycling after his one major operation that he says nearly cost his life. Now he cycle regularly and got 3 bikes and he claims it makes him feel younger. Haha, of cos we drink after cycle.

You already have the V-shape naturally because of your frame. That's genetics luck [laugh] To reduce the sag at the chest area, just do more of those bench press, chest flys and rows. Then can look for modelling contract earn some extra money on the side.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 3

43 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

You already have the V-shape naturally because of your frame. That's genetics luck [laugh] To reduce the sag at the chest area, just do more of those bench press, chest flys and rows. Then can look for modelling contract earn some extra money on the side.

Told him to build the chest and shoulders liao. 🤣

• Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Enye said:

boss...if you offend him outside, make him chase you 20km first then stop and fight 

most likely can win

😅

But now cannot.. within 1km he will sure catch up with me,.. fitness need to slowly built back after my thyroid becomes normal..

• Haha! 1

10 hours ago, CarNutz said:

Hi guys,

After 6 months of relatively hard work in cardio and weights, finally saw some visible definition of upper abs. But lower abdominal still has some fat and not totally flat but I am ok with it. Not sure if accurate but my weighing machine recorded 17%bf. As some of u mentioned,15% is the gold standard. I have my occasional unhealthy indulgence of food so I guess I need to strike a delicate balance. I really think that those who have very visible 6 pack abs deserve a huge pat on the back cos I honestly feel I cannot reach this level. But I think other than physical fitness,it is important to be medically fit too. Everyday to feel good and healthy is a bonus 🙂

Do bridge or legs raise see any effect on the six packs. Decades ago it work on me. Not now though. 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1