Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Hypersonic
3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Last last time i clocked round 25 min+- for 6 to 7km.

wah elite runner spotted

👍💪😱

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
8 hours ago, Giordanogavin said:

Pull up is Calisthenics exercise which is against own bodyweight. Usually build lean muscle. It think have better endurance.

Bench heavy weight build mass muscle. More power but less endurance.

Thats why when we train, we don't lift heavy all the time.  Say I bench twice a week, once will be heavier weights, lower reps.  The other session will be lighter weights,  higher rep range and less rest between sets

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Me.

I stopped using Nasonex for more than 10 years.

Due to COVID19, I had to use it.

10 years ago, after you stopped, did you have recurring nose allergy?

After 3rd dose, my nose felt normal liao. I wstill contemplating if I should stop on day 3.

Hypersonic
(edited)
4 hours ago, Etnt said:

can try nasal irrigation too.

Been trying this for two weeks, like not helping..   This nasal spray quite effective, but now I worry my nose kenna dependency on the spray if I continue  for the prescibed 2 months doses...

Edited by Ender

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Loki said:

Thats why when we train, we don't lift heavy all the time.  Say I bench twice a week, once will be heavier weights, lower reps.  The other session will be lighter weights,  higher rep range and less rest between sets

Do you still train for more pull up? 

I have been stuck at the same number +/-1 for the last few years. But I have also never trained to improve these years. I just try to do at least 1 x a week to maintain. I will max it out all 3 sets with 1 min rest time and then that's it. Probably the best I can do without targeted training. 

Turbocharged
25 minutes ago, Ender said:

Been trying this for two weeks, like not helping..   This nasal spray quite effective, but now I worry my nose kenna dependency on the spray if I continue to for the prescibed months doses...

Is it a green bottle? If so, my wife uses it too but only if her nose is irritated. She found that her triggers are dust and change in temperature. She seldom uses it now. 

Hypersonic
3 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

Is it a green bottle? If so, my wife uses it too but only if her nose is irritated. She found that her triggers are dust and change in temperature. She seldom uses it now. 

Ya, green bottle, Nasonex. On my 3rd dose, my nose finally felt fine for the first time in 2 months.  

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Ender said:

Ya, green bottle, Nasonex. On my 3rd dose, my nose finally felt fine for the first time in 2 months.  

You will have to find what are your triggers. My wife is not reliant on it at all. I haven't seen her use it for a while already. She only uses it before sleep if required. 

48 minutes ago, Ender said:

10 years ago, after you stopped, did you have recurring nose allergy?

After 3rd dose, my nose felt normal liao. I wstill contemplating if I should stop on day 3.

Now, I use it to reduce tissue in my nasal passage.

Previously, nose allergy did not go away despite using Nasonex.

I did not find the source of allergy until I went to Beijing.

The allergy will come back every summer.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
23 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

Do you still train for more pull up? 

I have been stuck at the same number +/-1 for the last few years. But I have also never trained to improve these years. I just try to do at least 1 x a week to maintain. I will max it out all 3 sets with 1 min rest time and then that's it. Probably the best I can do without targeted training. 

I do pull ups twice a week, 3 sets of 12, 10 and 8 reps.  Don't really try to train for more reps anymore.  More focused on activating the lats

• Praise 6

Hypersonic
On 5/13/2022 at 9:49 PM, Kxbc said:

You will have to find what are your triggers. My wife is not reliant on it at all. I haven't seen her use it for a while already. She only uses it before sleep if required. 

Hard to identify the source, since nothing much changed in my lifestyle except my sudden onset of hyperthyroidism which came along with other minor issues. I wonder if this nose allergy that turned chronic two months ago is one such problem that came along together.

Turbocharged
On 5/13/2022 at 10:00 PM, Loki said:

I do pull ups twice a week, 3 sets of 12, 10 and 8 reps.  Don't really try to train for more reps anymore.  More focused on activating the lats

Go for total reps is also good. Like cumulative total of 50, for example, every time you train. Do sets of 6-8 and repeat till total reached, with 1-2 minute rest between. As you mentioned, more important to do lesser rep each set in order to achieve and maintain proper form to hit the lats.

Hypersonic
On 5/13/2022 at 4:42 PM, Ender said:

Just got prescribed nasonex for my nose allergy. After using for 2 days, I just read on the internet that not advise to use nasal spray for more than 3 days else gor this rebound congestion and my body might be dependent on the spray. Wah, my prescription of two bottles, like can use for more than a month. Anyone using nasal spray for more than 3 days without issue?

Huh. That's for oxymetazoline sprays lah. intranasal steroid sprays use 3 days might as well don't use. Lol. 

Aiyoh don't read Internet too much. 

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 5/13/2022 at 9:12 PM, Ender said:

Been trying this for two weeks, like not helping..   This nasal spray quite effective, but now I worry my nose kenna dependency on the spray if I continue  for the prescibed 2 months doses...

It's not about dependency. Its your own allergy. It can only be controlled or suppressed. Never cured. 

Hypersonic
On 5/13/2022 at 10:00 PM, inlinesix said:

Now, I use it to reduce tissue in my nasal passage.

Previously, nose allergy did not go away despite using Nasonex.

I did not find the source of allergy until I went to Beijing.

The allergy will come back every summer.

Many people in temperate countries will have pollen allergy. Sg hardly has any pollen so it's not an issue here. 

In Sg, trigger will be dust mites, temperature change and the occasional haze etc. Beyond that very hard to isolate other things. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Huh. That's for oxymetazoline sprays lah. intranasal steroid sprays use 3 days might as well don't use. Lol. 

LOL.. ok, ok....  I will carry on using, coz the symptom sstill on going, though much reduced..

Hypersonic
3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

It's not about dependency. Its your own allergy. It can only be controlled or suppressed. Never cured. 

aiyah, seems really got to ID my 'source' of allergy. 

7 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I was told to use 1 month only.

After that, throw away Nasonex.

↡ Advertisement