Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Gunzy said:

@13177 Lol, last time we ran with canvas shoes loh, when young anything also ok😄

Now old liao, all problems start coming out, so needa protect our knees especially when cartilage is already worn out😅

When old liao should go easy on your run, dont run too long distance and push yourself too much la. 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

(edited)
5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

When old liao should go easy on your run, dont run too long distance and push yourself too much la. 😅

If old and fit like ender (oops!🤪), Can run FM also. 😄👍😄

Edited by TangoCharlie
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
5 hours ago, Gunzy said:

@Volvobrickcoz the earlier asics version wasn't so comfortable and bulky/heavy, read that this batch is similar, scared my old jelly legs cannot take it...

Maybe should give it another try🤔

I also have wider feet, so its good to know they have size catered for it

Saf shoes are OK. But bit heavier side cos it's more of a cross training general purpose shoe. Cushioning wise I don't think any issues. 

• Praise 4

I bought 2 pairs of PT shoes with the remaining of tokens at emart just before I turned MR...

one pair lusted exactly one year when the sole came off...wore it liked only 3-4times...took out the 2nd pair for a run...sole came off after liked only 200m...😅 

I tink it's NB if not Brooks...light, comfortable but won't lust and broke easily 😁

• Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Gunzy said:

@Volvobrickcoz the earlier asics version wasn't so comfortable and bulky/heavy, read that this batch is similar, scared my old jelly legs cannot take it...

Maybe should give it another try🤔

I also have wider feet, so its good to know they have size catered for it

I think I ended up with the grey NB. Asics and the black one too tight.

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Gunzy said:

Check with gurus, is the SAF PT shoes suitable for jogging beyond 5km?

Cheapo here looking for bargain jogging shoes😅

y not? i wore them for AHM.

i am cheapo too😅

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

there is this reebok shop (beside RSH on 2nd floor) at suntec city. Having clearance sale now. I saw running shoes as low as $69.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

I bought 2 pairs of PT shoes with the remaining of tokens at emart just before I turned MR...

one pair lusted exactly one year when the sole came off...wore it liked only 3-4times...took out the 2nd pair for a run...sole came off after liked only 200m...😅 

I tink it's NB if not Brooks...light, comfortable but won't lust and broke easily 😁

I think you "rested" the shoes for too long in between usage. The glue hardened and off it came. 😁 The shoe protested.

You must be like @Ender and @Enye here. They wear out their shoes before the shoe can protest. 😁

• Haha! 5

Supersonic
3 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

If old and fit like ender (oops!🤪), Can run FM also. 😄👍😄

Lao fit zai? 😁

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
11 hours ago, Gunzy said:

Check with gurus, is the SAF PT shoes suitable for jogging beyond 5km?

Cheapo here looking for bargain jogging shoes😅

No problem at all.  

But unless you are buying off SAF credits,  the shoes are not exactly very cheap anymore.  I think should be around $50 now?  If you are willing to pay a little bit more, there are many off season options from the closed out stores from major brands going under $100, some as low as $69-79. 

If you want cheaper option some more,  the "power" brand from bata,  by bata is also good for those 5km runs,  $49.90 if I can recall.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
9 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

I bought them for my jogs (about 5-6km). No need to think what to buy since they already spent plenty of resources to test, trail and select.

You got to go test since they have a few types. Only one of them suits my (wider) feet shape.

Wide feet no need say has to be NB,  only they supply 4E to SAF.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
4 hours ago, 13177 said:

量力而为, 量力而为!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Kxbc said:

I think you "rested" the shoes for too long in between usage. The glue hardened and off it came. 😁 The shoe protested.

You must be like @Ender and @Enye here. They wear out their shoes before the shoe can protest. 😁

No really because of that.  Rather it is the moisture.

I have a pair of running shoes that is kept in a "dry" room for almost 4 years.

Both sole still married.

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

量力而为, 量力而为!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Regardless of age, still can push one la.  It depends on motivation.

Hypersonic
53 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Regardless of age, still can push one la.  It depends on motivation.

I think it depends on objectives,  and what motivates.  

A competitve objective,  is of course to push the body and mind higher each time you do it,  whereas a do it for Heath and wellness objective could be pushing yourself to do it everyday but at a comfortable rate.  

I don't think any party can judge the other party by his/her own motivations.  After all every one exercise or do a sport for a reason,  and mostly for a different reason.  

This is afterall an exercise thread,  and not a competitive training thread,  so we might have to consider if competitive training and pushing hard every session is suitable here.  I am not saying it should or should not,  rather is it suitable.  

I have done both,  and there is a reason I am switching from pushing hard to taking it a little easier.  Not forgetting ,to a certain extent,  I coach.  [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic

Wow, another doctor who can run very fast. @tianmo, is this a national record for women?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1