Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Bros, my physio says I need a running shoe with better arch support - I don't run, I use it for walks, so any decent running shoe that is under 100 with good arch support, for wider feet?
I am using the NS Addidas and he says it's no good... thanks

1 hour ago, therock said:

Bros, my physio says I need a running shoe with better arch support - I don't run, I use it for walks, so any decent running shoe that is under 100 with good arch support, for wider feet?
I am using the NS Addidas and he says it's no good... thanks

High arch look for shoes for underpronation or high cushioning shoes. New balance has wide feet 2E. High cushioning for neutral runners and maybe underpronate are NB 1080 or the NB Fresh Foam More.

If neutral shoes works for you, then can just stick with it. I under pronate, but I still runs in only neutral shoes. For walking I find wearing thin slippers is the best, as minimalist as possible. Trained all the micro muscles. Your podiatrist might disagree.

Asics has under pronate specifics like the Nimbus.

https://www.asics.com/sg/en-sg/pronation-guide

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

9 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Free doesnt mean good either hor.

Free one cannot hiam already, won't be as good as executive health screen from private clinic. Just tackle the common metabolic issues like diabetes, cholesterol and hbp. The fecal one I think is not necessary for unker and auntie. If above 50 or 30 with family history of colorectal cancer, just go straight and do colonoscopy. You get better assurance that you are in the clear for at least the next few of years.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Ender said:

It's funny to read Mok Yin Ren struggled to run 21km.. LOL..  Used to be 'sup sup sui' for him..

Tell him to run slower😜

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

For those with weight training gloves. Can they be soaked/ washed? The synthetic leather part dunno whether can tahan. 

Left mine on the ledge to have some sun drying effect. Bloody bird pooped onto one of them. Wiped off. But feel grossed out still. Lol. 

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

For those with weight training gloves. Can they be soaked/ washed? The synthetic leather part dunno whether can tahan. 

Left mine on the ledge to have some sun drying effect. Bloody bird pooped onto one of them. Wiped off. But feel grossed out still. Lol. 

Really kenna sai. 🤣

The bugger really know how to aim. 

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Those gloves should be able to wash, but maybe must be dry and sun clean completely, if not might have ‘sour’ smell due to the material?! 😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

If it was designed to tahan your sweat which is more corrosive, don't see why cannot wash with water and abit of soap.. Anyway my one from china shopee, cheap cheap, I anyhow wash in the sink with soap.. But mine is fabric, not synthetic leather.

26 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Really kenna sai. 🤣

The bugger really know how to aim. 

Indoor side of the ledge. So the bird must have perched there. Bloody Jiao. 

• Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Ender said:

If it was designed to tahan your sweat which is more corrosive, don't see why cannot wash with water and abit of soap.. Anyway my one from china shopee, cheap cheap, I anyhow wash in the sink with soap.. But mine is fabric, not synthetic leather.

Mine is the more expensive one at decathlon. All same same one. Just thicker material only. With light use got mild fabric tear on one hand already. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 1

new shoes after chalking up about 1k km in old ones

lighter but less cushioning and without the energy return of the h plate in the old pair

buy because got voucher for 50% discount off retail price… hope can last another 1k km at least 🙏

😅

1BA282E5-B3FA-41F6-BCE3-147167AA3E46.jpeg

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Mine is the more expensive one at decathlon. All same same one. Just thicker material only. With light use got mild fabric tear on one hand already. 

Thought decathlon stuff from there not say very ex?

• Praise 1

22 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Thought decathlon stuff from there not say very ex?

There's a cheap one and more expensive one at decathlon. I never bought the online versions. Just convenience bah. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1