Exercising and losing weight

ODC

1 hour ago, Ender said:

From our health minister, legit exrcise.

2nd episode will show walking down? 😄

Feel unnatural to use back legs to push up going up the stairs. A bigger problem for me is walking down the stairs. 

• Haha! 1

On Wednesday noon, i did Yoga on core.  Very tiring.

Yesterday evening onwards, abs started to sore till now.

Muscle soreness really delayed more than 24hours.

Now, i have soreness from picking up stuff from the floor.

• Haha! 4

29 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

On Wednesday noon, i did Yoga on core.  Very tiring.

Yesterday evening onwards, abs started to sore till now.

Muscle soreness really delayed more than 24hours.

Now, i have soreness from picking up stuff from the floor.

I thought someone said they do yoga can fall asleep.  I think it was you..LOL

• Haha! 1

14 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

2nd episode will show walking down? 😄

Feel unnatural to use back legs to push up going up the stairs. A bigger problem for me is walking down the stairs. 

I think OYK one is meant for old folks who are frail. I notice old people also cannot straighten their legs, like my father.

I think the peterson step up/down describe by kneesovertoesguy is good for progressive loading your knees when the starting point is a recovery from injury. From a few youtube channel, some use a pole to reduce loading and add balance.

• Praise 2

16 minutes ago, Ender said:

I thought someone said they do yoga can fall asleep.  I think it was you..LOL

On the last pose (lay on my back), i almost fall asleep.

Shack!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

The corpse pose... Iirc. Years back my colleague even snored. Lol

That's the ultimate grandmaster level...afterall it's YOGA...You Only Get Asleep...😴😁

• Haha! 3

On 12/2/2022 at 10:56 AM, inlinesix said:

On the last pose (lay on my back), i almost fall asleep.

Shack!!!!!!!

That completes the cycle... Showed you have work hard. Yoga is harder than it look and provides more benefit than what we perceived. Most of us lose our flexibility as we age and hence, we get injured easier compared to when we were young. Alot always like to get into the real action quickly but forget that warm up is important, esp at older age.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
13 minutes ago, Hosaybo said:

That completes the cycle... Showed you have work hard. Yoga is harder than it look and provides more benefit than what we perceived. Most of us lose our flexibility as we age and hence, we get injured easier compared to when we were young. Alot always like to get into the real action quickly but forget that warm up is important, esp at older age.

I used to think yoga would be easy for me except for the flexibility part.

I should go slap my yesteryear self hard for having such thoughts.

It is a combination of strength, muscle endurance, coordination, balance, flexibility, mobility (not arranged in any order of importance) and sometimes stamina depending on what type of yoga practiced. It's a challenge against yourself and no one else.

It's esp good for the older people as it forces us to reduce the accelerating decline in our mobility, balance, coordination and flexibility.

• Haha! 1

In a way, planking looks easy as well but is much harder than what we thought.... 2 min at one go is about there for me. The other thing is hanging on the chin up bar..... Hanging for 2 mins... Sound easy right?...... I think doing 10 pull up is easier for me. 😃

• Praise 1

Isometric is just a different type of strength. 

All serve different functions. 

https://www.shape.com/fitness/tips/eccentric-vs-concentric-isometric-exercises

On 12/5/2022 at 9:59 AM, Hosaybo said:

In a way, planking looks easy as well but is much harder than what we thought.... 2 min at one go is about there for me. The other thing is hanging on the chin up bar..... Hanging for 2 mins... Sound easy right?...... I think doing 10 pull up is easier for me. 😃

Sub 1 hour for 10km at 67 years old.. Don't play play.. 

https://www.asiaone.com/entertainment/no-one-allowed-be-faster-me-chow-yun-fat-competes-10km-cross-country-race

'No one is allowed to be faster than me!' Chow Yun Fat competes in 10km cross-country race

Hong Kong actor Chow Yun Fat could probably outwalk us on any given day. Who are we kidding, he might even outrun us too.

It's no secret that Yun Fat, or Fat Gor (Cantonese for brother Fat) as he's affectionately known, has been an avid hiker for many years.

Despite his age, the 67-year-old screen idol recently competed in the Hong Kong Cross Country Championships 2022, held on Monday (Dec 5).

Ditching his trademark all-black hiking getup, Fat Gor was photographed wearing a white long-sleeved top and black track pants.

According to HK01, he completed the 10km route in 56 minutes and 39 seconds, coming in 37 among a group of 41 participants, both male and female.

A video showed the actor, who cuts a slim and statuesque figure, running behind the pack at the start of the race.

And although he didn't place among the top finishers, the well-loved superstar undoubtedly stole the show that day.

Commenters were not only awed by Fat Gor's athleticism (while keeping his mask on the whole time, no less), but also his usual down-to-earth demeanour.

In photos shared on the Facebook page of the Hong Kong Association of Athletics Affiliates (HKAAA), the affable actor could be seen taking selfies with several groups of participants.

Displaying his signature sense of humour, he reportedly quipped: "No one is allowed to be faster than me!" while fellow participants cheered him on.

• Praise 6

Come across this running book. Stated most runner achieve peak performance after ~8 -12 years of running. True?

Probably could explain why the late starter usually achieve their PB at older age and seldom heard of elite runner still running at peak level after their retirement.

.Running.thumb.JPG.65b9c074c56d94d2c92b425c55de8354.JPG

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1