Exercising and losing weight

ODC

On 1/26/2023 at 6:30 AM, Ender said:

Exercise protects the brain, higher  intensity better. Study shows.

Brief mention on oversleeping also no good. But good quality sleep is important.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/23/health/physical-activity-type-cognition-wellness/index.html

Ahh...no wonder...those ah lao who go to gayland gym know best...I'm so motivated to have an active lifestyle and mind liao 😁

↡ Advertisement

5 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Ahh...no wonder...those ah lao who go to gayland gym know best...I'm so motivated to have an active lifestyle and mind liao 😁

AI supports your activities, but advise you to check with doctor first before engaging. It might be too strenuous for you.

image.png.54c522dccf622010d0255becc2a94999.png

• Haha! 4

3 minutes ago, Ender said:

AI supports your activities, but advise you to check with doctor first before engaging. It might be too strenuous for you.

image.png.54c522dccf622010d0255becc2a94999.png

Enjoy - checked

Stick - checked

Regular basis - monie no enuf...can use ActiveSG, CDC, NS55 or even Skillsfuture boh? 😂

Turbocharged
On 1/28/2023 at 10:03 PM, Ender said:

Extreme calisthenic, if the slow sloth can do it, you guys also can.

Doing exercises slowly is actually very siong as time under tension is extended. 

This sloth trained her whole life for this stunt.

Was doing treadmill yest slow zone 2. Then started experiencing some occasional foot discomfort in my right foot again.

Sian frustrated. Stopped so that I don't sprain it again. 

Took off my shoes and socks and did walking barefoot on the treadmill. At 5.5-5.7 kph. 

Lol fifteen mins later stopped with mild blisters on both forefoot soles. Haha now this wkend can't do anything liao. Gao xiao. 

Maybe I buy an saf pt shoe to try if I have the same problem. 

• Haha! 4

21 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Was doing treadmill yest slow zone 2. Then started experiencing some occasional foot discomfort in my right foot again.

Sian frustrated. Stopped so that I don't sprain it again. 

Took off my shoes and socks and did walking barefoot on the treadmill. At 5.5-5.7 kph. 

Lol fifteen mins later stopped with mild blisters on both forefoot soles. Haha now this wkend can't do anything liao. Gao xiao. 

Maybe I buy an saf pt shoe to try if I have the same problem. 

I got blisters on the top of both of my feet. not from running or shoes. But from the turf toe taping. I left the tape on for a day, when I took off, can sense the peeled portion of the skin not right. A few hours later, got huge blister which eventually broke, and became a painful wound.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ender said:

I got blisters on the top of both of my feet. not from running or shoes. But from the turf toe taping. I left the tape on for a day, when I took off, can sense the peeled portion of the skin not right. A few hours later, got huge blister which eventually broke, and became a painful wound.

Ouch. 

On 1/30/2023 at 2:29 PM, TangoCharlie said:

My problem is not the core strength area as I can suspend myself in that level position too, but I can't do the hula hoop for nuts since young. Just poor coordination. As can be expected, poor dancer [laugh]

Anyone else have this issue with hula hoop too?

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

My problem is not the core strength area as I can suspend myself in that level position too, but I can't do the hula hoop for nuts since young. Just poor coordination. As can be expected, poor dancer [laugh]

try again with a heavier one, think it helps.  used to see in park some used a very long and heavy chain of wooden beads to hula hoop.

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

I can't hula hoop. 

Someone posted this at HWZ. Thought this would be an interesting and easy test to do for everyone. Looks like I low risk for stroke. 

• Haha! 1

46 minutes ago, Ender said:

Someone posted this at HWZ. Thought this would be an interesting and easy test to do for everyone. Looks like I low risk for stroke. 

I still think diet, exercise and gene contribute to stroke risk. Not whether can stand on one leg or not. Lol.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Ehh...if the middle leg stands for over 20s it is ready for stroke no? 😁

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

I still think diet, exercise and gene contribute to stroke risk. Not whether can stand on one leg or not. Lol.

The youtube say something to do with the brain damage on the balancing part, not about being healthy. You may be fit and healthy, but the balancing part of brain  got damaged by multiple mini stroke, then high risk for a major one lor. A person can have many a few of these mini strokes and not know about it.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Ehh...if the middle leg stands for over 20s it is ready for stroke no? 😁

Must consult @inlinesix or @kobayashiGT. They discussed about ED before.

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2