Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Hypersonic
4 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

This is the 8 min/km pace for my last km yesterday 🤣

But your run is under afternoon hot sun. I would have stopped my run, and take bus to my end point. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kxbc said:

I correct for you. Some to change to most. 😁

I think it's human nature to nuah. Having a routine and written record can help the progress. 

Also helps to have variety in your training. 

E.g follow different training plans after one another. Set a different goal  after the meeting the current one. Have a purpose, like training for a race.

Last time i was training for different races, then covid came, i changed my training to MAF, for a whole year with  target goal of 3600km. early half of this year I was doing polarized training, and currently I am doing Garmin coach plan for 10km. 

It's never run for passion. i.e. run becoz I like to and enjoys it. 

Edited by Ender

Turbocharged

Yesterday is damn nuah. Super lethargic as did not move as much during the day.

Forced myself to go for a run in the evening. Took me 2.4km to get into normal stride and breathing. After that felt much better and continued on but did not finish my normal distance.

But overall, the run woke me up. Body felt a lot lighter and brain clearer after the run.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
36 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

solid form for every single pull up and push up. 👍

OK I will try when I am 58.... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 5

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

solid form for every single pull up and push up. 👍

His chest is very big. Don't think push up alone can achieve this. Maybe he goes gym too.

Turbocharged

His pull up adventure is put together hilariously. Click on the English subtitle.

I admire his persistence and perseverance. Cutting his hair prob lightened his weight by 1kg. 🤣

Supersonic
7 hours ago, Ender said:

His chest is very big. Don't think push up alone can achieve this. Maybe he goes gym too.

Ya lo, i dont believe only do push up can achieve big and toned chest lo. You see those muscular guys, 100% go gym or got do weights la.

Turbocharged

My sweat after a run is not salty. So I thought I didn't have enough sodium. 

I googled this. 

"If you have white streaks dripping down your face at the end of a hot summer run or it burns when sweat gets in your eyes, this probably means you’re good on water but low on sodium. Although it seems a little counterintuitive, salty sweaters are actually lacking sodium in their diet, which is an essential ingredient for keeping you hydrated. "

Sounds counter intuitive to me. But what do I know. I am just a regular Joe. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
28 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

I googled this. 

"If you have white streaks dripping down your face at the end of a hot summer run or it burns when sweat gets in your eyes, this probably means you’re good on water but low on sodium. Although it seems a little counterintuitive, salty sweaters are actually lacking sodium in their diet, which is an essential ingredient for keeping you hydrated. "

Learnt something new. 😂

8 hours ago, Kxbc said:

I googled this. 

I am one of those salty sweaters but not one who monitor salt intake. I guess it's more than the hpb recommended. So far, I have cramped up once only.

Turbocharged
9 hours ago, 13177 said:

Learnt something new. 😂

Not sure if it is medically correct. Googled a bit more and also seems to have conflicting views. 

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, TangoCharlie said:

I am one of those salty sweaters but not one who monitor salt intake. I guess it's more than the hpb recommended. So far, I have cramped up once only.

Because it is so damn hot recently, I would have easily drunk at least 1.5l to 2l of water through the day before I start running in the evening. Pee a lot during the day due to the water intake though. My runs are not long like @Enye or @Ender. But usually completed within 45 min at a comfortable pace. So far so good. No cramps yet. Or maybe the distance is too short for cramps to set in.

Was just curious about the salt bit when I tasted bland sweat after my run last week. 

Hypersonic

12 hours ago, Kxbc said:

I googled this. 

Tasted my sweat before it's salty. But when it gets into my eyes, still stings. Should salty sweater bah? But why it sting my eyes if it salty?

Hypersonic
(edited)

My dog used to lick my sweat after running last time until we told her to stop it.

Should be salty enough bah.

Stings my eyes. Sometimes i do get foot cramps. Yes more frequent after runs.

Edited by Lala81

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Because it is so damn hot recently, I would have easily drunk at least 1.5l to 2l of water through the day before I start running in the evening. Pee a lot during the day due to the water intake though. My runs are not long like @Enye or @Ender. But usually completed within 45 min at a comfortable pace. So far so good. No cramps yet. Or maybe the distance is too short for cramps to set in.

Was just curious about the salt bit when I tasted bland sweat after my run last week. 

wah boss... you 45 mins can do 10 km already, very good distance already👍💪

ender guru probably can do 12 km in 45 mins 

😅

Turbocharged
40 minutes ago, Enye said:

😅

😅 nb, you put words into my mouth. 🤣 

I say I run around 45 min only. Not 10km in 45 min. 😅 I was never a runner when young. Still not a runner when old.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Enye said:

😅

I can' t even do 10km in 45 minutes.. Much slower than you. 

↡ Advertisement