Exercising and losing weight

ODC

34 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Haha paper talk only. For me it's to reduce my current pace of 4:50 to 4:10 per km in theory. Lol.

For a younger person it's definitely possible. Can older person like me improve that much? As we age, we tend to slow our decline or maintain our fitness than improve on it. Hahaha.

wah … if you can do 4:50 per km for hm, 4:10 per km for 2.4 should be easy peasy right?

😬😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

Read the 2.4km challenge....am wondering if I am able to do it under 10mins.  Based on the table below, a very fit serviceman (my age group) will score the max 50 points if clock 10:30 and below.

I do run regularly and have clocked 2 hours for hm and 25mins for 5km in recent years. I believe if I run a 2.4km now, I probably clock 11 plus?

If I lose some weight say 5kg and maybe buy carbon plated shoes, how realistic is my chance?

And what's good for a fast 2.4km? 400 or 800 intervals?

Thanks bros in advance!🙏🙏🙏

Screenshot_20210919-090424~2.png

Just try and start training.. Never know what you can achieve until you begin..

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

Read the 2.4km challenge....am wondering if I am able to do it under 10mins.  Based on the table below, a very fit serviceman (my age group) will score the max 50 points if clock 10:30 and below.

I do run regularly and have clocked 2 hours for hm and 25mins for 5km in recent years. I believe if I run a 2.4km now, I probably clock 11 plus?

If I lose some weight say 5kg and maybe buy carbon plated shoes, how realistic is my chance?

And what's good for a fast 2.4km? 400 or 800 intervals?

Thanks bros in advance!🙏🙏🙏

Screenshot_20210919-090424~2.png

If u can run 5k in 25 minutes, 2.4k could easily 10-11 mins.

Below 10 mins is also possible with some training and if u push yourself.

• Praise 1

wah … jin quiet here all must be busy exercising

my current pair of running shoes… hopefully can last more than 2000 km like my last reeboks… because i peasant no money to buy atas running shoes 

😅

A1FAEA6D-CBF8-4197-9089-6B7AA9D62883.jpeg

Edited by Enye
  • Praise 8

On 9/24/2021 at 8:58 PM, inlinesix said:

Interesting website for strength training 

https://musclewiki.com

Lao liao. Can run on treadmill, can carry the dumbbell and work out some. Got strength to go golf and enjoy some drinks with friends very happy liao. No need too much strength traininig or whatever liao🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Lao liao. Can run on treadmill, can carry the dumbbell and work out some. Got strength to go golf and enjoy some drinks with friends very happy liao. No need too much strength traininig or whatever liao🤣

I think old liao need more stregnth training than young healthy people, not comparing with weight lifters or body builders. Because of sarcopenia which leads to fraility and then leads to being a stats on  covid death list.

• Praise 4

30 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I think this interview is arranged by his sponsors, Nike,aftershokz.

Edited by Ender

2 minutes ago, Ender said:

I think old liao need more stregnth training than young healthy people, not comparing with weight lifters or body builders. Because of sarcopenia which leads to fraility and then leads to being a stats on  covid death list.

Agree lah, I did my runs, work out my shoulders and chest plus my biceps. The ab roller takes care of the rest. What I meant is don't go into many details.

I am a very DIY man, but this 2 years, when I DIY things at home. repair things, I find I cannot get up and down as fast as before liao. Just need to accept it. Do what just need to do. My exercise becomes more simple

• Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Arogab said:

After doing some weeks of Stretching Yoga, I found my flexibility improved.

Muscle strength is very important as we aged.

You need muscle to hold the bones together 

• Praise 4

21 hours ago, Arogab said:

Agree lah, I did my runs, work out my shoulders and chest plus my biceps. The ab roller takes care of the rest. What I meant is don't go into many details.

I am a very DIY man, but this 2 years, when I DIY things at home. repair things, I find I cannot get up and down as fast as before liao. Just need to accept it. Do what just need to do. My exercise becomes more simple

Me too :grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1