Exercising and losing weight

ODC

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

How they do it? How come sg cannot like china? 😅

Sg Embassy in Beijing postponed NDP celebration to September with the outbreak in August.

China is factory of the world.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Was just looking at my running records. Seem to be running slower when compared to 1.5 years ago. The weights carried in the gym has also dropped a little. Only improvement is that my core is slightly stronger and a little bit more flexible in my hamstring. Forward fold is still lousy but not as stiff as before.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
On 10/2/2021 at 10:06 PM, inlinesix said:

Adidas Warehouse @ City Square Mall

2C17F630-EEBC-4434-B8F2-1AD871265DF7.jpeg

0CF40F34-F9DC-47A1-9032-DFE797EABD21.jpeg

seems like it's not just super outlier sizes are on sale.

I have never worn adidas shoes before. how do they compare to Asics?

6 hours ago, Kxbc said:

seems like it's not just super outlier sizes are on sale.

I have never worn adidas shoes before. how do they compare to Asics?

I can only compare Asics DS Trainer and Adizero Boston.

DS Trainer is a training shoe.

Adizero Boston is racing shoe.

Not like for like

Turbocharged
16 hours ago, Ender said:

Yoga can be very dangerous if the instructor anyhow bend your body.

https://theindependent.sg/yoga-dragon-pose-leads-to-broken-thighbone-inability-to-walk-and-a-lawsuit/

The student's femur broke. That is probably the strongest and thickest bone in your leg. Any fracture there is usually due to a high impact incident like car accident.

So it is either the instructor really push too hard (quite unlikely to break a bone) or the student already had osteoporosis or both. 

The dragon pose is not difficult. At most if you are really weak and never ever worked out before, your thigh will tremble, you will lose balance or you can't stretch fully because of tight hip flexors.

• Praise 1

just want to share .

brought an asics gel cumulus 22  for jogging. sibei song😁

totally worth the money. much much lesser knee pain. better timing. more distance per week. 

• Praise 7

Turbocharged
17 hours ago, Ender said:

Yoga can be very dangerous if the instructor anyhow bend your body.

https://theindependent.sg/yoga-dragon-pose-leads-to-broken-thighbone-inability-to-walk-and-a-lawsuit/

China.....which is why I never go for any of those massages. If I am force to bring a client to massage. I will only tell them do foot massage lightly and I sleep. 

In China, you donno if the person is trained. In this case, it is the Yoga instructor that may not be trained to be an instructor too.

But in exercise, listen to your body and do your training progressively. Don't attempt to go more than you can do. It is the same even if in SG. Even trained instructors can push people over the limit depending on the instructor's character and kowledge

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Beregond said:

just want to share .

brought an asics gel cumulus 22  for jogging. sibei song😁

totally worth the money. much much lesser knee pain. better timing. more distance per week. 

I was a cumulus and GT-2000 user for a few years before I switched to Mizuno. Both are not bad. My Mizuno is about 3 years old, 850km on them. Thinking if it's time to change.

8 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

I was a cumulus and GT-2000 user for a few years before I switched to Mizuno. Both are not bad. My Mizuno is about 3 years old, 850km on them. Thinking if it's time to change.

Wow. 850.

I looking at novablast 2 now.

Maybe pamper myself abit got 2 pair interchange 😂

Turbocharged
15 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Wow. 850.

I looking at novablast 2 now.

Maybe pamper myself abit got 2 pair interchange 😂

very low mileage. It's on average 300km a year, or 6km each week only.

But thinking if I should help the economy a bit by buying another pair to replace my Mizuno.

NovaBlast 2 selling for $130 at asics online. Seems to be good for my kind of running style. But I never like to buy shoes online. I need to feel if the fit is good first before I can buy.

Edited by Kxbc
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Some basic Kneesovertoesguy's mobility, stretching that can get added to our routine, as it doesn't take much of strength.

I have been adding the ATG split squad  and the patterson step down/up as my after run routine for while.. 

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 3

21 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Down to my last roll of acti tape. Want to change brand as it does not stay on as well as I like it to be during run. 

Any recommendation?

You find it works? I bought those cheap china brand one, doesn't seems to help with my shin splint. But also maybe my methods were wrong. Didn't explore further. Now I only used them as plaster to protect my feet from abrasion on the times when I run with sandals.

• Haha! 1

49 minutes ago, Ender said:

You find it works? I bought those cheap china brand one, doesn't seems to help with my shin splint. But also maybe my methods were wrong. Didn't explore further. Now I only used them as plaster to protect my feet from abrasion on the times when I run with sandals.

Works for me....gives some support I feel when I run. Maybe mental clutch, haha.

Usual spots are tendon area above heel and knees. 

PXL_20211007_235824478.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4