Exercising and losing weight

ODC

32 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Works for me....gives some support I feel when I run. Maybe mental clutch, haha.

Usual spots are tendon area above heel and knees. 

PXL_20211007_235824478.jpg

Your taping looks pro leh..

Knowing that you mostly run in minimalist,with low heel drop, perhaps you may want rotate in a higher heel drop shoes if you have achilles tendon issues. The low drop stretch the tendon too much couple with long distance running. I struggled with my achilles tendon for almost two years some years back,, coz I suddenly swtiched to low dop and that negative drop  Newtown shoes, and my mileage were increasing. Until one day, someone told me to rotate in high heel drop shoes. This lessen the stretch and load of the tendon. Works very well. Ran three more marathon after.  Now I run in various heel drop, from zero to 8 mm...

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

21 minutes ago, Ender said:

Your taping looks pro leh..

Knowing that you mostly run in minimalist,with low heel drop, perhaps you may want rotate in a higher heel drop shoes if you have achilles tendon issues. The low drop stretch the tendon too much couple with long distance running. I struggled with my achilles tendon for almost two years some years back,, coz I suddenly swtiched to low dop and that negative drop  Newtown shoes, and my mileage were increasing. Until one day, someone told me to rotate in high heel drop shoes. This lessen the stretch and load of the tendon. Works very well. Ran three more marathon after.  Now I run in various heel drop, from zero to 8 mm...

I already copy you in shoes rotation....somehow still flare up. Can't blame age since we both same age. Haha

1 minute ago, TangoCharlie said:

I already copy you in shoes rotation....somehow still flare up. Can't blame age since we both same age. Haha

Like that ar, ever thought of running with high heel drop exclusively for a few months and see any improvement? I actually did that for my first post achilles tedonitis marathon training after discovering it works. My 17 weeks plan exclusiviely on Nike Pegasus and React, all 8mm shoes.

Only after that I felt I should stregnthen the tendon, so I began rotating in some lower drop shoes gradually, and finally manage to include the aqua shoes on track and sandals on rainy days. But i think zero drop days are probably only 20% of my running. One day I do hope to be like that Seng Kang  Barefoot Pua, can run minimalist 100% at high mileage.

• Praise 2

On 10/5/2021 at 12:31 PM, Beregond said:

just want to share .

brought an asics gel cumulus 22  for jogging. sibei song😁

totally worth the money. much much lesser knee pain. better timing. more distance per week. 

yes, Cumulus works for me too. comfort and stability just nice. 

and its cheaper than Kayano and Nimbus. 

• Praise 4

49 minutes ago, Ender said:

Like that ar, ever thought of running with high heel drop exclusively for a few months and see any improvement? I actually did that for my first post achilles tedonitis marathon training after discovering it works. My 17 weeks plan exclusiviely on Nike Pegasus and React, all 8mm shoes.

Only after that I felt I should stregnthen the tendon, so I began rotating in some lower drop shoes gradually, and finally manage to include the aqua shoes on track and sandals on rainy days. But i think zero drop days are probably only 20% of my running. One day I do hope to be like that Seng Kang  Barefoot Pua, can run minimalist 100% at high mileage.

Thanks bro, will try.

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Blueray said:

On asics website, have kayano and nimbus same price as cumulus. But last season shoes if you don't mind.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Blueray said:

Roughly how much lesser is Cumulus than Nimbus. 

My Nimbus 16 sole came off already. The shoe too old already. 

It was my 3rd pair of Nimbus. 

Thought of getting a new pair and start my running again

I went Changi City Point outlet, because its factory outlet, either no, size or really ugly design/colour. 

9 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

I went Changi City Point outlet, because its factory outlet, either no, size or really ugly design/colour. 

iirc, Cumulus RRP is sub $200 while Nimbus and Kayano are both $259.

59 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

On asics website, have kayano and nimbus same price as cumulus. But last season shoes if you don't mind.

I bought my past season Cumulus from Lazada during one of those sales. No issues with past season shoes. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Guess you are not unker enough..🤣

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Blueray said:

iirc, Cumulus RRP is sub $200 while Nimbus and Kayano are both $259.

I bought my past season Cumulus from Lazada during one of those sales. No issues with past season shoes. 

Those pricing are new launch prices 😂

My previous shoes all past seasons. 

14 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Those pricing are new launch prices 😂

My previous shoes all past seasons. 

i usually wait until there is 40% - 50% disc at Asics IMM. But these 2 years no kangtow so I started to buy from lazada. 

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Blueray said:

i usually wait until there is 40% - 50% disc at Asics IMM. But these 2 years no kangtow so I started to buy from lazada. 

My first pair was Nimbus 11.

Bought at Queensway Shopping Centre. Think was around 2010 or 11....If I recall correctly was $165.

2nd pair was also at Queensway, the current pair bought at Peninsular Plaza that side with many guitar shops. 

All less than $180. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Ender said:

Guess you are not unker enough..🤣

Most times is no suitable size. The Changi point ASICS outlet does not have much selection. 

If I buy ASICS, I have to buy from the store at suntec. Different brands, different models, different feel and fit. Even sizes can vary by 0.5. That's why I have never bought any footwear online before. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I can't remember if I read it here. Buy sports shoes please check date of manufacture to ensure not made too long ago. Scared glue will pit chia. 

Manufacture date mostly on the tongue label. 

• Praise 4

17 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

Most times is no suitable size. The Changi point ASICS outlet does not have much selection. 

If I buy ASICS, I have to buy from the store at suntec. Different brands, different models, different feel and fit. Even sizes can vary by 0.5. That's why I have never bought any footwear online before. 

hahaha, you are unker enough...  Me too, the reason why i didn't buy the model i wanted at reasonable price is size availability..  But there some color i won't go for, like those that wouldn't get people to mistaken me for a LGBT supporter.

I bought 3 paird of Injini socks for $6 each. Very good deal. They are grey, but the upper part is pink. When I wear them, only the pink color is exposed.. Now I only wear them if my run starts later than 8pm.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, Ender said:

hahaha, you are unker enough...  Me too, the reason why i didn't buy the model i wanted at reasonable price is size availability..  But there some color i won't go for, like those that wouldn't get people to mistaken me for a LGBT supporter.

I bought 3 paird of Injini socks for $6 each. Very good deal. They are grey, but the upper part is pink. When I wear them, only the pink color is exposed.. Now I only wear them if my run starts later than 8pm.

I don't like dark coloured running shoes like those in black or dark blue or those with psychedelic multi coloured ones. Makes me feel either very moody or super hyped up when I put them on. 

My current pair is brilliant red. 🤣 Chose it as I didn't like the other colours in the same range. 

My socks are from the lowest end of Mizuno. But I super like them. Cheap and cushiony. I think I bought 9 pairs (3 sets) over 2 weeks when they were on sale. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
19 minutes ago, Ender said:

I googled injini running socks. Wah, unker! You are sibei trendy leh. 

• Haha! 3

9 hours ago, Ender said:

My socks blue with polka dots...🤣🤣🤣 And my crocs...OC say I siao. All bought during sale.PXL_20211009_004649452.thumb.jpg.3cea3ae6b8fb3309b19f4626a686187d.jpg

Chinese saying

四十而不惑

五十知天命

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 9