Exercising and losing weight

ODC

17 hours ago, Ender said:

Healthy living is probably the most important factor in this fight against covid. And it doesn't wanes til the day you become immobile.

FYI, Joe Rogan and this youtuber has not vax yet. 

Joe rogan had covid already. So no need to vax.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Giordanogavin said:

Could also be more older generation of women doing cooking especially for housewife. Inhalation of smoke from cooking and gases.

Another possibility is inhalation of burning incense paper etc.

I used to be proponent of using gas to cook. 

But induction is definitely safer. Think everyone should just use induction going forward. 

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I used to be proponent of using gas to cook. 

But induction is definitely safer. Think everyone should just use induction going forward. 

People always say using induction to cook, food dont have wok hei?! Lol. Also foods not as tasty as compared using gas to cook? This one i cannot tell the difference, since i eat to live. 😂

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

People always say using induction to cook, food dont have wok hei?! Lol. Also foods not as tasty as compared using gas to cook? This one i cannot tell the difference, since i eat to live. 😂

Home stove never powerful enough for wok hei - induction max 2 to 3 kW (but no waste heat) home gas stove 4 to 5 kW.  Commercial kitchen gas stove (higher gas pressure) maybe 10kW. 

That's why the fried rice and kway tiao cooked at home can never match the zhi char stall one. 

• Praise 4

14 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Home cooking. Let the zi char chef inhale the gas required for wok hei...

• Haha! 7

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Joe rogan had covid already. So no need to vax.

yes, and his recovery is typical  of those vaxxed people, within 5 days, starts feel better. 

His fitness proabably has help alot.

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Home stove never powerful enough for wok hei - induction max 2 to 3 kW (but no waste heat) home gas stove 4 to 5 kW.  Commercial kitchen gas stove (higher gas pressure) maybe 10kW. 

That's why the fried rice and kway tiao cooked at home can never match the zhi char stall one. 

https://s.lazada.sg/s.ZqMPq

can use this to lessen heat loss from gas stove 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
17 hours ago, therock said:

image.jpeg.bf853afb5a35d0e9cb5f3843593616c3.jpeg

That's because he did not watch One Punch Man. 

100 push up, 100 squats, 10km run. Every day. 

😁

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Ender said:

Speculating lah... No prove yet,nut a possiibiity... Coz the high number of women with lung cancer who are non smokers.

Might be a cause but then do we have cases of Chinese male cooks, especially the zhi char ones, and chefs who are non smokers contracting lung cancer? 

This profession is at least 12 hours daily in front of a hot wok. 

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, 13177 said:

This thing I commented on many years ago in this forum. 

Got skill, 1 simple pot and pan can create a man han quan xi even with the cheapest of ingredients. Think of our ah ma's time. 

No skill, give the most expensive cook ware also only cook over boiled Maggi mee. 

But induction does reduce the chance of explosion to almost zero. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

If someone can invent a sauce for wok hei, sure sell like crazy. 🤣

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

This thing I commented on many years ago in this forum. 

Got skill, 1 simple pot and pan can create a man han quan xi even with the cheapest of ingredients. Think of our ah ma's time. 

No skill, give the most expensive cook ware also only cook over boiled Maggi mee. 

But induction does reduce the chance of explosion to almost zero. 

Induction heat loss is zero

very good

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

Might be a cause but then do we have cases of Chinese male cooks, especially the zhi char ones, and chefs who are non smokers contracting lung cancer? 

This profession is at least 12 hours daily in front of a hot wok. 

Hard to determine for male cooks. Most I see will light a cigarette when taking a break. Likely to be lump into the smoker category if need to report in their case.

Edited by Ender
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Mustank said:

:grin:

6F516CCD-732C-4699-8B7F-699BDCCC3403.png

Haha, there was this joke that goes - I was in the gym one day when I went to ask one fit elder man about what machine to train so that I can attract pretty ladies. The man told me, use the "ATM machine"🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

5 hours ago, Mustank said:

Wind blow away heat

so block wind less heat loss lor

it's still very inefficient, somewhere in the the range of 20-30% max energy transfer. The angmohs stove burners are all recessed ones.
Even if u spend lots of money on the Rinnai recessed burner. Might as well spend that money on induction.

basically induction just wins in every category except Chinese cooking in commercial kitchen 😂

And it makes it a heck lot cooler in the kitchen also. Reduce chance of explosion. Exposure to propane/methane etc is definitely not good for your health.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2