Exercising and losing weight

ODC

5 hours ago, Ender said:

Comfort snack food... Most unker my age would have grown up eating this, crushed and put in our hot beverage. Now say got cancer causing ingredients.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/consumer/malaysia-to-examine-biscuit-makers-on-cancer-claim-by-hong-kong-group

Sugared one my favorite...but I don't like the muah muah ones. Hopefully last time they don't keh liao.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

Sugared one my favorite...but I don't like the muah muah ones. Hopefully last time they don't keh liao.

yeah they are damn shiok. unhealthy but shiok.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
22 hours ago, Ender said:

Comfort snack food... Most unker my age would have grown up eating this, crushed and put in our hot beverage. Now say got cancer causing ingredients.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/consumer/malaysia-to-examine-biscuit-makers-on-cancer-claim-by-hong-kong-group

The so da biscuit is damn good soaked in milo. That and the marie biscuit, whatever brand. 

Used to eat after midnight when had to work OT many years ago. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

22 hours ago, Ender said:

Looks like all biscuits produce by Hup Seng got cancer causing ingredients? Omg.

Actually i eat khong guan biscuits than this Hup Seng. 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Ender said:

How to avoid plastics??

Can only reduce. Basically it's impossible to avoid totally. And i think it's ok sometimes to sacrifice for the sake of convenience.

Avoid putting too hot liquids into any plastic container even if it's BPA safe.
Reduce use of single use plastics. If u can dabao in a SS or glass container would be best.
Any reusable plastics that i pour hot liquid or reheat in, I don't keep too long.
Always best to reheat food in a glass/ceramic container. 
Not advisable to eat sous vide food on a regular basis.

You can't avoid plastics in tinned/canned food cos all the tinned/canned/tetrapacked containers are all lined with plastics.

Only use a ceramic mug for any hot drinks. My kids have 2 cups each. 1 is a plastic cup for room temperature water and reduced chance of breakage. 1 is a ceramic cup for heating milk/soy milk. Adults of course all use ceramic.

my wife's ex colleague, she only used glass formula milk feeding bottles. That's pretty extreme but the correct thing to do.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Can only reduce. Basically it's impossible to avoid totally. And i think it's ok sometimes to sacrifice for the sake of convenience.

Avoid putting too hot liquids into any plastic container even if it's BPA safe.
Reduce use of single use plastics. If u can dabao in a SS or glass container would be best.
Any reusable plastics that i pour hot liquid or reheat in, I don't keep too long.
Always best to reheat food in a glass/ceramic container. 
Not advisable to eat sous vide food on a regular basis.

You can't avoid plastics in tinned/canned food cos all the tinned/canned/tetrapacked containers are all lined with plastics.

Only use a ceramic mug for any hot drinks. My kids have 2 cups each. 1 is a plastic cup for room temperature water and reduced chance of breakage. 1 is a ceramic cup for heating milk/soy milk. Adults of course all use ceramic.

my wife's ex colleague, she only used glass formula milk feeding bottles. That's pretty extreme but the correct thing to do.

Ya, many things we can only try to reduce but cannot avoid. Even like many people say sugar is not good should avoid, but dont think we can avoid but only reduce or avoid bad sugar.

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Didu said:

Have you come across this video clip? Any opinions?

didn't bother to watch the video. But basically it's talking about time restricted feeding. Yes a period of at least 12-16 hrs a day with no caloric intake is definitely beneficial for most people. For people who control their diet and calorie intake well, may not benefit that much.

Best would be early dinner and wake up to eat a breakfast. That would probably be the best type of time restricted feeding.

But for people who like me like to snack and eat at night even shortly before bedtime, i make up for it by not eating until after 12pm. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

On 10/17/2021 at 8:46 PM, Ender said:

I also thought so for the older generation, the incense and smoke from burnt oil while cooking are the causes.

But this latest news is a relatively young lady at 37. 

Thought some cancers, like lung cancer or ovarian cancer, may have genetic predisposition? At NCC, they sometimes do genetic screening for family members of patients? 

Edited by Sosaria

On 10/22/2021 at 6:19 PM, Ender said:

The article says they are shuffling along at 5-6 min/km. That's still quite fast for most people [laugh]

To be fair though, they don't look to be going so fast in that video. But maybe long legs and strides make up for the shuffle.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Thought some cancers, like lung cancer or ovarian cancer, may have genetic predisposition? At NCC, they sometimes do genetic screening for family members of patients? 

Genetic is a factor too. But the high number of non smoker chinese women with lung cancer may suggest other factors.

Edited by Ender

On 10/23/2021 at 1:28 AM, Ender said:

So many brands tio. Muji, Oreo, Ritz..etc. 

https://mothership.sg/2021/10/cancer-causing-substances-biscuit/

image.thumb.png.b0ec0cab87de9079210e6949e1def9e6.png

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 3

49 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Our agency discovered nothing?

39 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Maybe start testing now

Hup Seng and the other brands should have passed their Food Agency last time to be able to sell for years.  So why now they want to test all biscuits for carcinogenic ingredients? What triggered them?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1