Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Ender said:

They think can train under tough conditions mean will be fitter or stronger runner.

But I don't think the same. 

That's why i will just sun tanned and at most walk from pt a to b. 

take ground sheet, spread on grass patch then lay down there. 10 min lay on the back, 10 min lay on the chest. Like those ang mo at the beach. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
8 minutes ago, Ender said:

They think can train under tough conditions mean will be fitter or stronger runner.

But I don't think the same. 

That's why i will just sun tanned and at most walk from pt a to b. 

Maybe they want to train mental endurance. 

8 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

Walk is ok in those free cloth masks. Did that last week for 4km as a morning activity.

But it is no go if it's a gym session. Tried once benching. The rest period between sets is xiong.

On Sunday, I walked with mask on Green Corridor for 75mins.

Surgical mask still ok

• Praise 2

22 hours ago, Ender said:

Back to some health issue.

Sometimes my teh siew dai is cloudy like this. Like alot of floating stuff. You all think this got any issue with health if drink too much of it?

IMG_20211027_152515.jpg

Bro, I got to know from a coffeeshop owner that this happens when the water is too hot (Boiling when you pour in the mix). I was told not nice only. Maybe you can describe how you make your tea.

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Bro, I got to know from a coffeeshop owner that this happens when the water is too hot (Boiling when you pour in the mix). I was told not nice only. Maybe you can describe how you make your tea.

That teh siew dai was from a kopi shop. So the tao chew used too hot water. Yea it's not as nice.

• Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

take ground sheet, spread on grass patch then lay down there. 10 min lay on the back, 10 min lay on the chest. Like those ang mo at the beach. 

You mean like people sun dried salted fish? Lol.

Edited by 13177
  • Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Ender said:

That teh siew dai was from a kopi shop. So the tao chew used too hot water. Yea it's not as nice.

I was told after water boil need to wait a while. It becomes like the milk is over cooked. You can try at home. Haha

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You mean like people sunning dried salted fish? Lol.

Ang Mo like lah, go anywhere no beach also they can do that in the park

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Ang Mo like lah, go anywhere no beach also they can do that in the park

8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You mean like people sunning dried salted fish? Lol.

@Ender might look like dried salted fish since he is lean. 

Ang mos mostly look like oversized puffy red lobsters.

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I was told after water boil need to wait a while. It becomes like the milk is over cooked. You can try at home. Haha

The milk tea made at home is never as good as the one from kopitiam. Teh O still ok, but never Teh.

2 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Not many people does pull ups, last time and now. In gyms and parks with pull up bars, you hardly find anyone doing it.

Now with pull up not an item in IPPT, it's even worse. I don't know why pull up is removed. Pull ups and push ups work different sets of muscles. Pull ups are mostly back muscles and some arms. Push ups are delts, chest and some arms. Both have to be done. 

Too many fail [laugh]

Does not look good.

So shift the goal-post.

But it is still a NAPFA test item.

Edited by Sosaria

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

The milk tea made at home is never as good as the one from kopitiam. Teh O still ok, but never Teh.

Why ah?

49 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Too many fail [laugh]

Does not look good.

So shift the goal-post.

But it is still a NAPFA test item.

Actually Pull ups is one o the best exercise to build lats muscles. But lao liao😂

Come to recall, my best at my peak and doing standard pull ups was 35 at one go. I also now don't do liao😥

• Praise 1

On 10/27/2021 at 2:43 PM, Kxbc said:

Cannot exit. That is the group where you will receive news of who died, where is the wake in the years to come.

It's true.... 2 of my groups have this happening last few years. 

2 hours ago, Ender said:

They don’t have experience organising a hot marathon race.

Traditionally, it had been a wet and cold race.

This is especially so on the bridge towards airport.

• Praise 3

On 10/27/2021 at 10:57 PM, Sosaria said:

Pull-up is a function of back/lats strength and body weight. Also technique. I deteriorated to barely able to make 3 also. Then over the years, started training again, now firmly in uncle zone but can do max 12-15 in one shot [laugh] Or sets of 8-10 for total of 50 as part of a circuit with dips, sit-up to give the pulling power a break.

Having lighter bodyweight is an advantage but my bmi is around 24 so i don't have that full advantage.

To train pull-up is simply by doing pull-up, say start with 2-3 per set, with 2-3 min rest in-between. Aim for a total. The accumulated number is most important. If need to, take longer break is ok.

The EMOM - every minute on the minute - drill is also good when building the number of max reps in one set.

Do resistance training in the gym that targets the lats, or inverted pull-up - this can be done at fitness corner or use the edge of table at home.

Lastly, technique. Look up and squeeze shoulder blades together when pulling, don't just use arm power. Grip-wise, what works for me is a hanging grip - without using the thumbs, just 4 fingers of each hand. I find that if I grip the bar with opposing thumb grip style, my grip is looser and weakens quickly. Can't recall where I picked this up from, but is probably from a youtube video.

Good tips for pull up exercise.

I also regularly doing pull up after my run. It could helps tone your abs and core muscle.

do u use any handgrip? i found out sometimes i can do less rep if the hand bar is slippery.

Turbocharged
35 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

Good tips for pull up exercise.

I also regularly doing pull up after my run. It could helps tone your abs and core muscle.

do u use any handgrip? i found out sometimes i can do less rep if the hand bar is slippery.

after a run will be sweaty head to toe, will be difficult to get a good grip on those outdoor metal pull up bars. Less grip definitely less pull. Maybe pull before your run while you are still fresh?

↡ Advertisement