Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Outside KPT/stalls nowadays use sweeten creamer instead of pure condensed milk, and has palm oil as one of the ingredients.  Maybe palm oil tastes better.  Personally I cut down on outside kopi, even kopi si also uses creamer instead of evaporated milk.

Where are the KPT you frequent that use sweetened creamer? So far, the few kopi stalls I go to use either condensed milk or condensed milk direct from those tin cans you can buy at NTUC.

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Hmm no leh. The quality of the tea makes a difference. Other than the fragrance of teh si which comes from the carnation milk.

My wife just use Dilmah English BF tea + regular fresh milk for her caffeine every morning. Confirm taste better than any teh outside.

Coffee i dunno cos there is secret sauce to it that's for sure.
But tea confirm is home made one is better.

that's why u don't see tea machines or what not. Lol.

But outside, teh tarik is nicer than home. Don't know what kind of indian spice they add into it.

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

If u use condensed milk, confirm your milo is as good as anything outside. cos its just sugar and the slight creaminess that comes with the condensed milk. But hard to fight with milo truck. Though i think it's cos the milo truck one is cold and we drink it outdoors on event, so it seems extra special.

Milo by itself is already very sweet..  condense milk some more...🤐

13 minutes ago, Ender said:

Milo by itself is already very sweet..  condense milk some more...🤐

hmm there is milo without sugar. If u want.

I have some milo that I'm using up cos i bought it before i quit drinking it. Haha yes, its few years old.

• Shocked 1

Turbocharged

my beverage of choice now in KPT or cafe are espresso (no sugar), black coffee (no sugar), flat white (no sugar) and kopi-see kosong. I can't really take added sugar in drinks now, even if it is kopi siew siew dai. The tongue will feel weird.

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

I watched a show (or maybe it's a YT video) on these tea leaves inside mandarin oranges. Supposed to be very expensive.

There are also cheap ones but will not taste nice. The brand I buy, 茶妈妈 suppose to be mid- range only

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

No boss shout at you, no deadlines to meet, no one nag at you, no money pressure......BP sure stable. AMTF. 😴

Wait lor, they don't shout, just ask only😂

Turbocharged

I know nuts about coffee and tea. 😁 Ho lim, I will drink again. Not ho lim, no more next time like CBTL and SB coffee.

Actually most kopitiam kopi also sub standard. Only a select few are good.

Even the franchise shop kopi like Killiney and Ya Kun differ shop from shop. Only guaranteed good kopi from Killiney and Ya Kun are the original ones at Killiney Road and China Sq.

Toast Box kopi standard generally consistently above average to good across all their branches.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

Where are the KPT you frequent that use sweetened creamer? So far, the few kopi stalls I go to use either condensed milk or condensed milk direct from those tin cans you can buy at NTUC.

Most I notice use creamer. Seldom see milk. 

Singapore say safe to eat these biscuit even though they have these substances, acrylamide and glycidol , that were found by HK. 

https://sg.yahoo.com/finance/news/singapore-says-biscuits-are-safe-to-eat-despite-cancer-claims-075523026.html

Compounds such as acrylamide and glycidol are naturally formed when food products are processed at high temperatures, through frying, baking and roasting. There’s no evidence that “conclusively demonstrates” these substances can cause cancer in humans, the Singapore Food Agency said.

• Praise 3

47 minutes ago, Ender said:

Singapore say safe to eat these biscuit even though they have these substances, acrylamide and glycidol , that were found by HK. 

https://sg.yahoo.com/finance/news/singapore-says-biscuits-are-safe-to-eat-despite-cancer-claims-075523026.html

Everything cooked at high temp has them. Fries, baked potatoes. 

Basically u want to eat the healthiest food, raw or steaming > boiling > low temp stir fry > high temp stir fry = baking > deep frying or grilling. 

• Praise 7

Turbocharged

They should take 3 to 4 biscuits produced in each Asian country, especially those produced in hk and China and then test them for the same compounds. If have, will shut them up cos like Lala81 said, you bake cookies at high heat, there will surely be these by products. 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

They should take 3 to 4 biscuits produced in each Asian country, especially those produced in hk and China and then test them for the same compounds. If have, will shut them up cos like Lala81 said, you bake cookies at high heat, there will surely be these by products. 

Start with Jenny Bakery’s Cookies first. 😁

28 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Basically u want to eat the healthiest food, raw or steaming > boiling > low temp stir fry > high temp stir fry = baking > deep frying or grilling. 

Worst is to grill or fry with reused oil.

I think when we eat at those western food stall one meal is already much worse than eating a couple of those biscuits.

Or the favourite breakfast food, fried dough stick, youtiao. Never check the acrylamide

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 2

20 hours ago, Lala81 said:

But the most unhealthiest food taste the best!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1