Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Ender said:

Afternoon too hot may give you headache. 😅Take care.

maybe run off peak hours in a aircon gym the best option - always air con, not subject to the erratic weather, got more chiobu.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

maybe run off peak hours in a aircon gym the best option - always air con, not subject to the erratic weather, got more chiobu.

I got my treadmill and my dumbbells but due to work and bloody golf, I am only working out 2 days a week. I feel slack

Hardly been running recently for last few weeks. Only jogged 2km on Monday. But I guess packing and cleaning is also some exercise. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
22 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I got my treadmill and my dumbbells but due to work and bloody golf, I am only working out 2 days a week. I feel slack

we often fall into the extreme ends, either over exercise or under/no exercise.

difficult to fall into the middle ground. at least that is my own experience.

so when i slack, i console myself i am resting for the longer term. 

休息是为了走更长的路。

:XD:

• Haha! 3

15 hours ago, Ender said:

Afternoon too hot may give you headache. 😅Take care.

Ya la, thats why i say say only lo but would not go jog now, since afternoon too hot for me. 🤣 I would stick with my brisk walking during evening for the time being. Lol.

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Gym? No money to pay for the gym membership le?! [sweatdrop]

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Hardly been running recently for last few weeks. Only jogged 2km on Monday. But I guess packing and cleaning is also some exercise. 

Unpacking and cleaning in the new house already tiring enough liao. Lol.

Turbocharged
Just now, 13177 said:

Unpacking and cleaning in the new house already tiring enough liao. Lol.

activesg membership $30/mth (all hours) and $15/mth off peak. Even cheaper if you buy 6 or 12 mths. Can afford lah. 

their website says got chiobu too. 😁 can run side by side.

image.png.6ee66409ccccaa7fcc1b7cab949d9a2e.png

• Haha! 3

21 hours ago, Kxbc said:

we often fall into the extreme ends, either over exercise or under/no exercise.

difficult to fall into the middle ground. at least that is my own experience.

so when i slack, i console myself i am resting for the longer term. 

休息是为了走更长的路。

:XD:

For me, when there are lots of work, I tend to to till late and then no more working out Then comes the pek cek time you just go for a drink and after that you know lor. I then tell myself to get back only

On 11/9/2021 at 10:40 AM, Enye said:

slow hm by bui bui lao uncle

after that, whole night buay koon

😬😅

F4842292-F534-4BA0-A8B2-3368DF67D806.jpeg

[laugh] Humble brag spotted

That means 5 km in 25 minutes - which is already quite a fast clip for hobby runners - and you did that 4 times consecutively in one run.

Means also if you just run a 5k, you can easily do less than 25 minutes.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

18 hours ago, Kxbc said:

activesg membership $30/mth (all hours) and $15/mth off peak. Even cheaper if you buy 6 or 12 mths. Can afford lah. 

Still have to book slots despite membership? Nowadays quite hard to get slots. They only open for booking 3 days ahead. Quickly filled up. Only chance is that last-minute sometimes there are slots that free up as people cancel their booking (to avoid getting penalized if no-show)

43 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

[laugh] Humble brag spotted

That means 5 km in 25 minutes - which is already quite a fast clip for hobby runners - and you did that 4 times consecutively in one run.

Means also if you just run a 5k, you can easily do less than 25 minutes.

This guy is 165kg bui bui uncle. i think he can easily <7 mins for 2.4k 🙄

19 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Activesg gym where got XMM/chiobu? Usually are aunties and many regulars which are guys and uncles hogging the gym equipment de. 😅 You pay a price of what you get la. Where got so good pay $30/mth got chiobu to see? Lol.

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

Still have to book slots despite membership? Nowadays quite hard to get slots. They only open for booking 3 days ahead. Quickly filled up. Only chance is that last-minute sometimes there are slots that free up as people cancel their booking (to avoid getting penalized if no-show)

Those atas gym need to book slots?

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Sosaria said:

I think have to book.

2 hours ago, Arogab said:

For me, when there are lots of work, I tend to to till late and then no more working out Then comes the pek cek time you just go for a drink and after that you know lor. I then tell myself to get back only

I used to work late.  Then go for a drink and dinner.

Still wake up relatively early for a short run.

You can do it.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Arogab said:

I was exactly like you last time.

But now, I try not to work late anymore if possible. Even if no time to exercise after work, just don't go for that drink. Rather go home and rest earlier.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1