Exercising and losing weight

ODC

The lifestyle problems are getting younger.  Other than the usual suspects,  maybe vaccine and covid have contibuted the tyhe number of stroke victims.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

Maybe you contracted covid but was so asymptomatic that you didn't even know? I am sure there are many cases like that. 

I do have possible sympton suspect, like a few time kenna fatigue and just fell asleep and waking up feeling worst..  But it's very diffcult to tell if the fatigue is due to my lifestyle or covid. Also my vaccine protection around these time shouls be waning if I have protection at all.

I had problem sleeping, so early mornign do a long run, afternoon my body will be fatigue and sleep. Some normal long runs defintely fatigue. And then I ill rest for a day or two before starting to run. 

Turbocharged
8 minutes ago, Ender said:

The lifestyle problems are getting younger.  Other than the usual suspects,  maybe vaccine and covid have contibuted the tyhe number of stroke victims.

I am not sure if the vaccine is to blame. But their bodies are already weakened by their life style choices. So covid or not, it is just a ticking time bomb. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Stroke usually is due to diet and lifestyle.

This covid unker or prof, had in the past mention Vit D as low risk factor for covid.. Today ki siao do two part series on vit D..  Go and get your sunshine topless..

Ho Ching should get temsaek to give each household a big bottle of vit D supplement next.

Edited by Ender

Turbocharged
26 minutes ago, Ender said:

Howcome got sligth increase in diabetes? Almost two years of the pandemic, I see more people running, cyling,  hiking, trekking thru ulu places. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/slight-increase-in-diabetes-prevalence-despite-5-year-war-against-disease

There are still many who are very inactive, made worse by Covid. Then comfort eating of dessert - so many online bakers went into business means there is a demand for cakes, sweets. So that accelerates the numbers.

Those you see hiking or trekking - most of them take it as a leisure activity which will likely end up in a hawker centre where they might reward themselves with orh luah, ckt and sugar cane juice after 2 hours of start, a lot of stop walking. Hey I walk 2 hours leh, surely I can eat my ckt!!!! So likely calories in > calories out. How many you think will continue to hike weekly? My guess? 10% of them. Max. So there is a contributing number there also.

Those who were exercising and continued to during the covid period - think no change lah except perhaps over exercise then aggravate old injuries or accelerated wear and tear on joints.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

33 minutes ago, Ender said:

Howcome got sligth increase in diabetes? Almost two years of the pandemic, I see more people running, cyling,  hiking, trekking thru ulu places. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/slight-increase-in-diabetes-prevalence-despite-5-year-war-against-disease

Eat too much and too much good foods liao, even exercising also cannot help much?

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

I +/- 1kg in the last 2 years, depending on how diligent I am with exercise or what type of exercise. No improvement to stamina or strength also. Same same. Just exercising to make sure gross progress is more than or equal to age deterioration. :TT_TT: Only flexibility improved a wee bit.

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Kxbc said:

I +/- 1kg in the last 2 years, depending on how diligent I am with exercise or what type of exercise. No improvement to stamina or strength also. Same same. Just exercising to make sure gross progress is more than or equal to age deterioration. :TT_TT: Only flexibility improved a wee bit.

I also +/- 2kg.

For me, it is whether i control my diet.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

st_20210802_picthisaug02_6737863.jpg?ito

Photo from the Straits Time: Photo of Great World on Feb 17, 1969

No fat people visible. If we take a photo of a fun fair now, I bet at least 20% of people will be rotund.

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

I actually lost weight maybe 2kg during Covid. Haven't been this (relatively) light for many many years. 

If lost weight but later gain back or even more also same same la. 

• Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

No fat people visible. If we take a photo of a fun fair now, I bet at least 20% of people will be rotund.

Why ah? Lol.

29 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

When I was a kid, my father use to bring me to this amusement park.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
16 minutes ago, Ender said:

When I was a kid, my father use to bring me to this amusement park.

i've been there maybe 2x when i was a kid. the old ck tang maybe 1x. really like an excursion for me.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2