Exercising and losing weight

ODC

35 minutes ago, Ender said:

Mine is the Omron  JPN500. I also have the Rossmax AC701. Both agar agar the same results.

But all these machine need to calibrate one., Rossmax use to have free calibration for a few years, that's why I got it.

I got the JPN600.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Usually when you take your blood pressure at clinic, reading will be much more higher than you take at home de. Also dont know why?

There was one period my reading always 140+ when i took at the clinic. At home around 130+. 

"Sit quietly for five minutes before the test begins." quoted it from https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/tips-to-measure-your-blood-pressure-correctly

In the clinic, you walk to the room, heart rate goes up. +15 from your RHR

Go into the room, see the chio doctor. Heart rate goes up a little more. Now it is already +30 from your RHR

Doc measures your BP all within 1 min of you walking from waiting room to consultation room. Where got 5 min, right? 

Surely BP will be higher than normally measured at home.

• Haha! 4

11 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

The type of meter you use at home also matter.

My regular GP recommended me to get the Omron made in japan one.

hmm no need lah. Most arm cuff machines are ok.

I check my patient's machines sometimes, all agar agar ok one. I got some normal omron for my parents and in laws. $50+ online. Got it like 4 years ago or something.

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 1

On 11/18/2021 at 10:16 PM, Ender said:

When I was a kid, my father use to bring me to this amusement park.

So nice. When I was a kid, my father only knows how to gamble. My mother will bring us to the "Amusement Park" with an umbrella and "whack the rat" over the gambling table when my father don't come back. 

So often that when we are older, when we wanna bring my mother out and saw her go take the umbrella, we will joke about where she wanna go. 😂

It was not funny then, but we manage to get over this and laugh at it

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Who used to run with their mother last time? 😁

F00CC22C-F31B-4EAA-9D43-E6D3A066B751.jpeg

Haha, I remember when Mandarin Gardens was not even built, it was a bare land for people to fly kites and "Lepat" the kites for those cut lose kites. 

I wonder if anyone know about this. My mother goes there with the cane one. Haha

• Haha! 1

40 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Haha, I remember when Mandarin Gardens was not even built, it was a bare land for people to fly kites and "Lepat" the kites for those cut lose kites. 

I wonder if anyone know about this. My mother goes there with the cane one. Haha

Taken from Blk 6 Marine Terrace in the 70s I think.

63F55000-6B58-4127-B588-26C3649C71D6.jpeg

• Praise 7

10 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

You got it on the opposite direction, I meant Madarin gardens site

2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Who used to run with their mother last time? 😁

F00CC22C-F31B-4EAA-9D43-E6D3A066B751.jpeg

• Haha! 1

22 hours ago, Lala81 said:

There's a range of 90+ to 130mmhg which i think is spectrum of normal. Anything above 130 is considered pre-hypertensive. But we don't really follow that unless you have had stroke/heart attack/diabetes.

The lower your BP the better. For example when i was at the peak of my IF + diet control, my BP was actually 105-110mmhg only.
Now with the relatively lax diet control and increase of about 4kg from that peak of 3 years ago, my BP is more like around low 115- low 120s.

For you guys in late 40s, early 50s, it's harder cos your arteries are older and less flexible.

Having a BP in the lower range of normal like 110-120, is it associated with lethargic feeling / lack of energy? I am in that category.

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Wa, the east coast park still not developed yet sia, and ECP also not yet build, but the marine parade hdb flats already there liao?!

• Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Having a BP in the lower range of normal like 110-120, is it associated with lethargic feeling / lack of energy? I am in that category.

So having low BP would lead to lack of energy? No wonder i feel lack of energy even though i might sleep a lot, cause of my low BP. [sweatdrop]

This morning, I wanted to clock mileage for Mt Fuji Marathon Virtual Marathon.

It was raining since 5+am.

Anyway, I still went out to run at 8am.

Despite the cooler weather, it is very difficult to run with high humidity.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

nope. it's normal BP. 

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Wa, the east coast park still not developed yet sia, and ECP also not yet build, but the marine parade hdb flats already there liao?!

Ya lor, that's ECP then....haha. 

Can walk across to the beach.:XD:

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, 13177 said:

if I am not wrong, that road you see will become ECP in the future. 

Those flats all the way to the beach should be built on reclaimed land. Some parts of Marine Parade Rd are also built on reclaimed land. Mandarin Gardens should be too.

Edit to add on: https://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/infopedia/articles/SIP_1699_2010-08-06.html   

Edited by Kxbc
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

super amazing. I wish I will be able to do all that when I am 60, 70, 80. 

Heck, I don't even 10km now so I doubt I will ever run 30km like that woman (who looks max 45 to me). 

If I can do a dead hang at 80, already amtf, let alone like that old man who can manage to do consecutive hanging knee lifts.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2